Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Playpen: almostnever

Options
  • 26-09-2010 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭

Can I just first of all say how honored I am to be doing this intro for such a fantastically lovely person :D

I almost never thought I'd get an opportunity like this :P

This girl always has a nice thing to say about everyone, and almost never has anything bad to say :P

A note from some of your fellow boardsies Keri

deise_girl: 'Say about how shes always sooo nice to everyone and has never as so much made a sarcastic reply or anything.. Shes always there too be all friendly and cheery-uppy despite she mightent be feeling great herself!
    Serious ♥'

QueenOfLeon: 'Mention that theres a facebook thread dedicated to her where we're all discussing her greatness :D
    And shes very Ker-ing...
    (I know, so bad :P)'

Novella: 'Keri is AWESOME! She's crazy thoughtful. She makes me feel like we're best friends even though we've never even met, and I think she's like that with lots of people. She's just so lovely. Yeah, lovely is a good word. AND LOVABLE!'

Conorstuff: 'She almostnever fails to come across as kind and intelligent. She's thoroughly pleasant'

Davidius: 'The fact that I'm bothered to write anything here is a testament to how great almostnever is. I mean, she's not as great as me but nobody is. I'd rate her a 7.7876123/10 on the Universal Great Scale which is fairly good considering I'd almostnever have been bothered to type anything for somebody of a lesser value.'

Soccymonster: 'She's extremely kind hearted and her posts are always full of emotion (not like the waffles i come out with! haha) which is really cool to see in a poster. omg.. does this make sense?
    and the day louth got cheated by meath in the football, what she kept saying about it gave me a great laugh.
    And I love her :)
    yaaaaaaaaaaay! <33333333333333
    Soccy! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Hotaru: 'Okies, Keri has given me awesome advice and encouragement since I joined C&H which I appreciate greatly! And it's not just me she's given it to - she's always sending people hearts, hugs and sympathy. She also goes to Trinity which like, automatically makes her AWESOME :D
    She has nice hair too... I kept admiring it at the meet up :p'

So without further ado,
    Can I get a drum-roll please, for...
    The fabulous

The loverly

The incredible

almostnever!!!

Let the questions begin! :D

Comments

So it seems many others made the obvious pun. Fair juice, guys.

Anyway...
    What are your favourite and least favourite things about Dundalk?

How are you finding Dublin?

If you could go back in your life and change one thing, what would it be?

Could you name one decision you know you will never regret?

Do you have a favourite quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Why only almost never??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

How is your room decorated?

Animal you'd love to own, whether realistic or not?

Boardsie who inspires you the most?

First boardsie you ever met?

Boardsie you want to meet?

Boys are silly. Yes or no?

Why the name?

Favourite place in Ireland?

Chocolate or crisps?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Night owl or morning person?

Favourite smell?

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Best book you have ever read?

Are you a dreamer, or a go-getter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Looking forward to law? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

What was your favourite childhood toy?

Where's your favourite place to shop?

Any pets? If so, names!

Do you have a favourite perfume?

What did you usually take to school for lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Do you realise you're meant to answer the questions...? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Do you know if ponies can eat potatoes? Google won't come up with any decent answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

So it seems many others made the obvious pun. Fair juice, guys.

Anyway...
    What are your favourite and least favourite things about Dundalk?

That's an excellent question! :D
    My favourite things:
    • Some of the people (my friends, mainly.)
    • Location. It's handy to be able to go over the border so easily and get to Dublin everyday, too.
    • The Square, and the way people put washing up liquid in the fountain. :pac:

My least favourite:
    • The majority of the people.
    • The small minded attitude that we really shouldn't have as such a large town.
    • Everyone knows everything about everyone.
    • The smell on Tuesdays (when the commercial and industrial bins are collected.)
    • The accent.
    • The smell of seaweed when it rains *shudder*
    • The way in which teenagers congregate in the Marshes and stare at you if you walk by alone.
    I'm going to stop now, could go on for ages though. :p

How are you finding Dublin?
    Dublin's grand. :) I'm kind of getting the diluted version because I'm commuting up, but it's pretty good. It's odd to see so many people and actually have to wait for the pedestrian light to tell you to cross. :pac: I like it so far though, if I make friends up there and settle in a bit more it could be sweet.

If you could go back in your life and change one thing, what would it be?

This is a tough one. There are many things I would change. I'll go for not trusting someone I trusted a lot and fecked me over. It would save a lot of bother.

Could you name one decision you know you will never regret?
    Repeating the Leaving. :) Best decision ever. Got my course, made some lifelong friends, learned a lot about myself...it turned out pretty well in the end!

Do you have a favourite quote?
    I have a penchant for quotes. Here are some of the ones I have on my facebook and LOVE:

"I'm Chuck Bass."-Chuck Bass. ♥

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection." Chuck Palahniuk.

"And I
    Am the arrow,

The dew that flies
    Suicidal, at one with the drive
    Into the red

Eye, the cauldron of morning."
    -Sylvia Plath, Ariel.

"I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and fell all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life.
    And I am horribly limited."
    -Sylvia Plath.

"Some things are hard to write about. After something happens to you, you got to write it down and either you over dramatize it or underplay it, exaggerate the wrong parts or ignore the important ones. At any rate, you never write it quite the way you want to."
    -Sylvia Plath.

"I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, 'This is what it is to be happy.'"
    - Sylvia Plath, "The Bell Jar."

"Having bitten on life like a sharp apple
    Or, playing it like a fish, been happy,

Having felt with fingers that the sky is blue,
    What have we after that to look forward to?"
    -Louis MacNeice, "Aubade."

"These violent delights have violent ends
    And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
    Which as they kiss consume."
    -Romeo and Juliet, Act 3, Scene One.

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery."
    -James Joyce.

"In youth and beauty, wisdom is but rare."
    -Homer, "The Odyssey."

"But I was Ceres then and I knew
    winter was in store for every leaf
    on every tree on that road."
    -Eavan Boland, "The Pomegranate."

"All my life I've looked at words as though I were seeing them for the first time."
    -Ernest Hemingway.

"This is not the sound of a new man or crispy realisation
    It's the sound of the unlocking and the lift away."
    -Bon Iver, "Re: Stacks."

"What might have been lost."
    -Bon Iver, "The Wolves (Act 1 and 2)"

"All my life I have lived and behaved very much like the sandpiper - just running down the edges of different countries and continents, 'looking for something'."
    -Elizabeth Bishop

"A toothache, or a violent passion, is not necessarily diminished by our knowledge of its causes, its character, its importance or insignificance."
    -T. S. Eliot

"In my beginning is my end."
    -T.S. Eliot, "East Coker."

"I am not young enough to know everything."
    -Oscar Wilde.

"People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges."
    -Joseph Fort Newton.
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Why only almost never??
    Never say never. ;)
    How is your room decorated?
    The walls are a princess pink (I had no say in this whatsoever, if I'd my way there'd be a feature wall somewhere) and there are two white wardrobes as you walk in, and my bed is under the window and my sister's in behind the door and there's a white nightstand between them. Oh, and there's a TV on a stand above my bed too. :)

Animal you'd love to own, whether realistic or not?
    A LION. <3

Boardsie who inspires you the most?
    Hotaru and Novella. :)

First boardsie you ever met?
    Cheesefiend. :pac: I think the first boardie I met that wasn't already a friend I'd met (oh, early morning coherency!) was Aoibheann.

Boardsie you want to meet?
    There are so many, I couldn't possibly choose one!

Boys are silly. Yes or no?
    Very silly. But good silly, I think. Most of the time. They mean well, like. :p

Why the name?
    I set up my boards account to reply to something specific and didn't intend to use it again really. In another tab I had done the tweetcloud thing, and almost never were the two most tweeted words. So I gave it a go :o

Favourite place in Ireland?
    GALWAY. <3 Donegal is gorgeous too, and I have a soft spot for Dublin these days.

Chocolate or crisps?
    Chocolate. I absolutely love chocolate.

Thank you so much Oopsy for the intro, I can't stop grinning! :D And to everyone who contributed, of course. <3 for all! <3

Novella wrote: »
    Night owl or morning person?
    I've kind of trained myself to be a morning person over the years. I think if I had my way though, I'd be a total night owl! Night time is amazing, it's so beautiful. I have a thing for looking at stars and things like that, which you can only really do at night. Early mornings + the fact that I can't function with less than eight hours of sleep = Keri going to bed early, though.

Favourite smell?
    That's a tough one! I think I'll have to say paper. I was in the Law library in Trinity the other day, finding old books that smelled, well, old. Magnificent.
    And I wonder why I have no friends...:pac:

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    Either Chinese food (the DEFINITION of yummy) or pizza. Healthy girl. :pac:

Best book you have ever read?
    I had to think about this one for a while! I'll plump for The Bell Jar, because it had such a profound effect on me and Sylvia Plath is my favourite writer of all time ever. :) There are many excellent books I've read that I've thoroughly enjoyed also, though.

Are you a dreamer, or a go-getter?
    A day dreamer. I think people tend to assume I'm a really focused and determined person, but frankly I rather thinking about doing things than actually doing them :pac: I'm lazy and I procrastinate. Recipe for disaster, tbh.
    Craguls wrote: »
    Looking forward to law? :)In a sense. I'm more apprehensive than anything else though. I'm doing three subjects this semester and they sound incredibly interesting so that's exciting. The amount of reading is a little off putting though (basically spent the whole day yesterday reading and I'm getting the ten bus to Dublin so I'll go to the library and try to finish it...and lectures haven't even started yet!), if I get into a routine of spending hours in the library it'll be grand but getting that motivation is a bit challenging to say the least. We had speakers in last week, talking about where their careers went after they graduated in 2006, 2007 or 2008. One of the guys is now working as a journalist of some sort and said "70% of people who study Law love it and go on to have successful careers in the field. The other 30% wish they'd studied English literature." I'm worried I'll be one of that 30% :o
    I do this about everything though, I'll give it a good chance and see if I like it then. :)

ohthebaby wrote: »
    What was your favourite childhood toy?
    I had a bunny rabbit who was green and had red and green stripey trousers and a red jumper and big floppy ears. He was thrown out when I was 7. :( I can't even remember the name I gave him. I got him when I was three, having a nap after creche and my mam came in with him and I threw it at her. I was a lovely child. And then I cried for some reason and felt guilty about throwing him and got out and picked him up and he became my favourite thing ever! Well, second to my Monkey Cup. Which was a china cup with brown flowers on it. If anyone else touched that cup I went BALLISTIC. My sister broke it when she was four or five.

That was a hard year. :(

Where's your favourite place to shop?
    I don't really have an allegiance to any one place. Going around everywhere looking is fun for me, and it really depends what I want to buy. :)

Any pets? If so, names!
    A dog called Freddie. He's a mixed breed terrier and absolutely adorable. <3

Do you have a favourite perfume?
    DIOR HYPNOSE POISON.
    I would sell my soul for Dior Hypnose Poison.
    Have never owned any, though. So expensive. Might get some for Christmas. :)

What did you usually take to school for lunch?
    I took noodles a lot because as sixth years, we had kettle privileges, and as repeats we did too. Cheese sandwiches that could be turned into delicious toasties featured quite heavily, too.
    Do you realise you're meant to answer the questions...? :pac:
    I had to go to bed. :( And now I have to get ready for my bus. Ah crap. :/
    Monzo wrote: »
    Do you know if ponies can eat potatoes? Google won't come up with any decent answer.

Some things are not good for treats:
    Lawn, hedge or garden clippings.
    Cabbage, including broccoli, cauliflower etc….
    Potatoes
    Tomatoes
    Acorns
    Chocolate, if you are competing can cause a positive drug test.

According to here. :)

MOAR QUESTIONS! Allow me to procrastinate when I get home from college this evening :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

If you didn't repeat the leaving, where/what would you be doing now?

Do you like travelling, if so, where's somewhere you have to see before you die?

If you won the lotto, would you tell anyone, and who would you tell?
    Also, what would be the first thing you'd buy?

Favourite band/musician at the moment?

All time favourite band/musician?

baby-animals.jpg
    or
    cute-animals-13.JPG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Why are you so lovely and nice all the time?

Do you ever want to compensate for your loveliness by punching a dear sweet old person in the face?

If I were to "accidentally" run over a judge's son with a car, would you be willing to represent me in court?

What's your favourite flavour of crisps?

Do you dream in colour? (I know you like asking that question :) )

And finally......

eagle-squirrel-mix-cross-bread-weird-picture-photos-animals.jpg

Discuss this picture with reference to all relevant texts on the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I'm going to ask you all your own questions. :P

What's the best piece of advice you were ever given?

Best compliment you've ever received?

5 things you like about yourself?

Languages you'd love to learn to speak?

Any fears/phobias?

Any interest in politics?

Are you ticklish?

What do you do when you need cheering up?

Pet peeves?

Guilty pleasures?

Bottled water,yay or nay?

Proudest achievements?

Best "mistake" you've ever made?

What inspires you?

How would your friends describe you?

Do you dream in colour?

Can you dance?

Coke or pepsi?

Favourite thing about Trinity?

Favourite thing about your course?

Least favourite thing about Trinity?

Least favourite thing about your course?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Did you know that I <3 you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Do you have a favourite place you like to go when you want some peace and tranquility?

What's your favourite hot drink?

What makes you feel happy?

If you could live somebody else's life for a day, who would you choose?

Are you getting tired of all the puns based around your name yet, or do you think that could almostnever happen? *braces self for inevitable lynching*

Hats! Yay or nay? If you invented a new type of hat, what would you name it?

A train travelling at 12 km/h speeds up to 84 km/h in 20 seconds. How awesome are pandas?

Are you disappointed/annoyed that I wasted the last two questions on inanity? Sorry. There's more on the way, too. :P

Was Davidius born into the world, or is he actually some sort of naturally occurring phenomenon that mankind might never fully understand? What is he, really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Originally Posted by Monzo View Post

Some things are not good for treats:
    Lawn, hedge or garden clippings.
    Cabbage, including broccoli, cauliflower etc….
    Potatoes
    Tomatoes
    Acorns
    Chocolate, if you are competing can cause a positive drug test.

According to here. :)

Drat. :(

Favourite poet? Favourite mustachioed person?

kateos2 wrote: »
    If you didn't repeat the leaving, where/what would you be doing now?

I probably would've accepted my CAO offer (Science in Trinity) so I'd be in second year now. When I was considering accepting my offer last year, I was going to do maths, physics and chemistry, so I think I'd have been doing chemistry and physics this year and gotten my degree in chemistry.

Do you like travelling, if so, where's somewhere you have to see before you die?
    I love traveling, haven't done a lot of it so far though. New York is high on my list of current priorities, but a less predictable place would be China. I need to go there at some stage.

If you won the lotto, would you tell anyone, and who would you tell?
    I'd tell my closest friends and probably my family, although I'd avoid that if at all possible. <_<
    Also, what would be the first thing you'd buy?
    A house in Dublin so I wouldn't have to bus it up daily. I'd pay off the mortgage my parents have, too.

Favourite band/musician at the moment?
    I'm going through a lovely Interpol phase. I love Interpol, always have and always will, but listening to their albums is particularly pleasing these days for some reason.

All time favourite band/musician?
    I really couldn't choose, I'm so bad with favourites. :o
    <bunny>
    or
    <kitty>?

BUNNY WABBIT.
    He's all kinds of cute and a flavour or two of adorable. <3
    Why are you so lovely and nice all the time?
    I'm really not, I'm a demon when I'm in a mood. I'm also snappy, argumentative, whiney, stubborn and aloof. I'm kind of surprised you guys haven't noticed it through my posts :pac:
    Do you ever want to compensate for your loveliness by punching a dear sweet old person in the face?
    Today, I plotted the death of a fair few people... <_<
    The bitch who stood on my foot (IN HER HIGH HEELS, WTF IS WRONG WITH HER?) and then didn't even apologise, the bitches who seemed to have developed a game where they'd pick a flaw in someone's appearance as they walked by, the guy in my class who ignored me today when I tried to talk to him because he was busy talking to the pretty girls...I have quite a bit of residual anger. :p

If I were to "accidentally" run over a judge's son with a car, would you be willing to represent me in court?
    If you have the monies, it could be MY son you ran down and I'd represent you <_<

What's your favourite flavour of crisps?
    THAI SWEET CHILI SENSATIONS. Oh, and Flame Grilled Steak McCoys. If they're more ordinary crisps you're talking about, hit me with some salt and vinegar, thanks.

Do you dream in colour? (I know you like asking that question :) )

I doooo. <3 for dreams in technicolour!
    And finally......

eagle-squirrel-mix-cross-bread-weird-picture-photos-animals.jpg

Discuss this picture with reference to all relevant texts on the subject.
    It's cool and all, but it doesn't compare to the epicness of mice with human brains.
    I made a comparison, full marks kthnx. :pac:
    MavisDavis wrote: »
    I'm going to ask you all your own questions.
    <3

What's the best piece of advice you were ever given?
    The incredibly cliched but always relevant; Be Yourself. You can't go too far wrong with that one!

Best compliment you've ever received?
    When I was in sixth year, I was a massive dosser. I had two French teachers, and I thought they hated me because I literally didn't even take a book to class, nevermind do my homework/study/whatever. A few weeks before the Oral, we had a mock one with one of the teachers. I prepared nothing and kind of half hearted went in and somehow got through the 15 minutes. At the end, my teacher said that'd have gotten me 78/100, or something similar. I got up to leave and she told me to sit back down, because she had something to say to me. I thought she was going to give out to me.

When I was in fifth year, a student in my school died. She was in first or second year, I think. We had school the next day and everyone was devastated. Classes were more or less canceled until after lunch, when some normality was restored. French was my first class, then. My teacher had taught the girl who died and she was extremely distraught, she told us to work ahead and get some study done and she just stared out the window. People began talking quietly, and doing homework or whatever, but I was really worried about the teacher. She looked like she might pass out at any moment, so I got up and walked to the front of the class and asked if she was okay. She burst into tears and I basically comforted her I guess, she kept saying how it's too tragic to be true and things like that so I was just hugging her and patting her back for a while until she calmed down a bit. Myself and my friend went and made her a cup of coffee and brought it up to her before class was over.

I had completely forgotten about that, until after the mock oral when she brought it up. She just said that I was a really mature and caring person and I'll never know how much she appreciated the way I acted that day, and how much it helped. She also kept saying that I had a lot of potential and if I tried, I could do some really great things. When she said I was the best in my class I laughed, because my French class was a very strong one and there were a few As in it, but I know she meant it. We ended up having a really deep and lovely discussion and I missed a few classes afterwards, but I got some really genuine and affecting compliments that day that I know were sincere and never fail to cheer me up. :) I think I learned a lot that day too, because I never realised that she'd think of that. There's something beautiful in the fact that something so simple can affect people in untold ways.

</lifestory>

5 things you like about yourself?
    1. I'm really passionate about a lot of varied things. I think it's surprising for people to discover what my interests are because they're so diverse, and I like how I can talk to practically anybody about something they like in depth.
    2. I'm quite naturally empathetic. This is both a good and a bad thing, but it lends itself to perception and I'd like to think I'm a pretty perceptive person.
    3. I'm extremely socially awkward, which is amusing for others, apparently. :p
    That's all I can think of, really. :|

Languages you'd love to learn to speak?
    Irish, French, Arabic, Russian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, German, Swahili...I'd love to be a gifted linguist and be fluent in several languages. Or have a few focail, like. :pac:

Any fears/phobias?
    I live a life of fear. My phobias include:
    • Spiders
    • Blood
    • Needles
    • Bugs/insects of any description
    • Dead things
    • Failure
    • Seaweed
    • Veins
    • Nuclear weapons
    • Fire
    • The dark
    The list goes on and on and on tbh. :/

Any interest in politics?
    I have a strong interest in politics, but I'm not in any way politically affiliated. Which disappoints people, I've been told. :p My views are left wing, though, if anyone's interested. :)

Are you ticklish?
    In some places. If my neck is touched it takes me ages to get over the sensation, but my arms/legs/torso aren't particularly ticklish AFAIK.

What do you do when you need cheering up?
    Hi, I'm Keri, and I'm a wallower. The vast majority of the time I need to cheer myself up I listen to sad music and wallow in the bad feeling and throw myself a pity party.

Sometimes I eat a lot and watch Gossip Girl though, that usually helps a bit. <3

Pet peeves?
    See the Pet Peeves thread for further details. :pac: The vast majority of things people do annoy me in some way. I really am so grouchy/middle aged before my time.

Guilty pleasures?
    Taylor Swift. Come Dine With Me. Countdown. Playing cards.

Bottled water,yay or nay?
    Coke allllll the way, tbh. :p

Proudest achievements?
    I'm not really proud of anything I've done yet. If I manage somehow to pass my degree, that'll probably be it. :/

Best "mistake" you've ever made?
    Failing the 'ol LC. DIAF, LC 2k9. *basks in the glow of LC 2k10*

What inspires you?
    • When I see someone doing a really menial job to the best of their ability and really trying, that inspires me. Like, when you just know that they probably hate their job and it's pretty much thankless and taken for granted but they probably have to do it to feed their family/put themselves through college or whatever, I think that's AMAZING.
    • The stars.
    • Poetry and lyrics.
    • People who fight for what they believe in, especially when it's difficult to.

How would your friends describe you?
    Hmmm, good question. A bit weird but full of the best intentions...I'd hope.

Do you dream in colour?
    I do. My dreams have a cinematic quality. <3

Can you dance?

Ohdeargodno. And I try my best not to inflict my style of "dancing" on the unsuspecting public. S'fun though!

Coke or pepsi?
    Coke. Omnomnom.

Favourite thing about Trinity?
    It's so pretty! <3 Walking around still makes me go ":O" tbh.

Favourite thing about your course?
    I've only had one lecture so far, but my modules seem like they're going to be really interesting and challenging and yay-inducing.:D

Least favourite thing about Trinity?
    It's quite an intimidating and lonely environment, and the people have proved to be quite cliquey so far.

Least favourite thing about your course?
    SO MUCH READING. So so so much reading. I can't even process it. It's all very overwhelming but I'm sure I'll adapt to it eventually. :)

Omnomnom questions. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Whats your stupid encouraging motto? Everyone has one! Mine is 'IN TWO YEARS I CAN LEAVE HERE!:D"

If you could do any mad thing to yourself (crazy tattoo, pink hair, piercings) what would you do?

Favorite American Series and why? (ie House, Ugly Betty etc)

That is all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Favourite frontman in music?

If Pokémon were real, and you could only have one as your companion forever and ever, except for Pikachu, which one would it be?

Chewing gum, tablet (I'm sure there's a better word to describe that shape..) or stick form?

Predictive text, yay or nay?

Novella wrote: »
    Did you know that I <3 you? :)
    Yussss, and I <3 you MOAR. :D<3

Do you have a favourite place you like to go when you want some peace and tranquility?
    I really wish I did, but there's nowhere that serves as a spiritual sanctuary nearby. Although, there's a village close to Dundalk called Ravensdale, a good friend of mine lives there and it's so peaceful and stunning at night and you can see the stars and it's just lovely. I need to out there more often, perhaps when I eventually get my telescope. :)

What's your favourite hot drink?
    I freaking love tea. And if soup counts as a drink, I have a thing for that too. Potato and leek, omnom.

What makes you feel happy?
    Music, reading, my friends, learning, laughing, Gossip Girl, the Internet, good food, when things are going well in general :D

If you could live somebody else's life for a day, who would you choose?
    One of my closest friends so I could see myself the way they see me. That's kind of self absorbed I know, but I don't recognise myself through the eyes of others so it'd be interesting to see.

Are you getting tired of all the puns based around your name yet, or do you think that could almostnever happen? *braces self for inevitable lynching*
    No, I like 'em! :p They're good for breaking the ice and some of them are, may I say, rather punny. :pac:

Hats! Yay or nay? If you invented a new type of hat, what would you name it?
    I like hats! In general and on certain people. Not on me, my head is too big. If I invented a new type of hat it'd be weirdly angular, I'm nearly sure....so, the Acute hat? For cute people?
    Fail...

A train travelling at 12 km/h speeds up to 84 km/h in 20 seconds. How awesome are pandas?
    Pandas are pretty awesome, because I'd say they accelerate faster than that train does and frankly, that's impressive!

Are you disappointed/annoyed that I wasted the last two questions on inanity? Sorry. There's more on the way, too. :P
    Not at all, I got a good giggle from 'em! :D *straps self in for the next installment*

Was Davidius born into the world, or is he actually some sort of naturally occurring phenomenon that mankind might never fully understand? What is he, really?
    Davidius is the same as god. He was kind of always there, as a non physical entity in a physical realm. To that end, it is extremely difficult to say what the essence of Davidius truly is, and tbh, I'd rather not know. He's probably constructed from like, the twelfth state of matter or some such, something frightening and threatening anyway, I'm sure.
    Monzo wrote: »
    Drat. :(

Favourite poet?
    Sylvia Plath is my favourite writer in general, so I guess she's my favourite poet too. :) I love so many of them though, going through a particular T.S. Eliot phase. Also, you can't beat a bit'a Paddy Kavanagh!

Favourite mustachioed person?
    I don't know of any mustachioed person I like. :p I tend not to notice if people have them or not...I'll plump for Charlie Chaplin. He had a nice smile. :)

SHUT UP AND PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS
    THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR WAKING UP IN VEGAS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Apologies if these have been asked previously, but I'm not bothered reading the above posts suffering from a rare psychological condition that prevents me from scrolling up.

If you could be asked one question what would it be?
    What would your answer to this question be?

Pygmalion, great poster, or the greatest poster?

Favourite drink?
    Favourite food?
    Favourite smell?

What kinds of Films/TV Shows do you like?
    As above, but with books?
    Purposely not asking favourites because only losers have a favourite TV Show.

Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal saviour?

Whats your stupid encouraging motto? Everyone has one! Mine is 'IN TWO YEARS I CAN LEAVE HERE!:D"

Heh, at the moment mine is "in four years I can leave here!" :D It can seem like an awfully long time, but focusing on the future when you're having a tough time really does help. :)

If you could do any mad thing to yourself (crazy tattoo, pink hair, piercings) what would you do?
    I'd love to tattoo my entire body with lyrics. Seriously. It's so stupid I know, and I'd regret it straight away, but there you go...I'm weird like that. Silly compulsions.

Favorite Ameriecan Series and why? (ie House, Ugly Betty etc)
    GOSSIP GIRL.
    OMFG.
    I love it a ridiculous amount. It makes me so happyyyyyyy. I love the characters, the setting, the writing, the music, the acting, the clothes...even the storylines please me sometimes. :P I can't put into words how much it means to me (which is stupid, 'cause it's only a TV show, but whatever.) If this is the last season I'll be all ;_; for ages. SO MUCH <3 FOR GOSSIP GIRL.

That is all :D
    Thank you. :D<3
    Favourite frontman in music?
    Brandon Flowers. Even if we've seen some, eh....creative differences, my allegiance will never falter. Love you, Brandy.

If Pokémon were real, and you could only have one as your companion forever and ever, except for Pikachu, which one would it be?
    Charmander, I think. I've always been slightly obsessed with Charmander, he was so cute but yet so fierce and defensive so that endeared him to me. Plus he looks really cuddly. :D

Chewing gum, tablet (I'm sure there's a better word to describe that shape..) or stick form?
    Stick, I think. I like to roll it up before I chew it when it's in stick form. :o

Predictive text, yay or nay?
    Hell to the yeah! Texting would take forever without it. And I refuse to use text speak, ugh. Although, my name never comes up in predictive text so if I'm using someone else's phone, I've to be careful with that. Once, on my mam's phone, I texted a friend saying "it's Lesi here, just in case you get any strange texts!" and she was completely baffled. :D

CAN CALL ALL YOU WANT
    BUT THERE'S NO ONE HOME
    AND YOU'RE NOT GONNA REACH MAH TELEPHONE

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Apologies if these have been asked previously, but I'm not bothered reading the above posts suffering from a rare psychological condition that prevents me from scrolling up.
    <_<

If you could be asked one question what would it be?
    What is the meaning of life?

What would your answer to this question be?
    I'm eighteen, if I knew that it'd be a bit of a farce lads!

Pygmalion, great poster, or the greatest poster?
    Totes overrated. Has been disappointing in the most recent quarter, shows signs of improving though.

Favourite drink?
    Coke. <3

Favourite food?
    Chinese food of (practically) any description or pizza. Omnom.

Favourite smell?
    Paper. :)

What kinds of Films/TV Shows do you like?

I love Gossip Girl, Desperate Housewives, anything trashy on Living TV, psychological thrillers, comedies, romcoms (mostly to laugh at...) I'm easy tbh, just no horrors. The mention of Saw makes me want to vom, and I haven't even seen it, like.

As above, but with books?
    I'm such a nerd when it comes to books. I'll start listing, and stop when I feel like I'm getting annoying.

Lolita (Vladimir Nabokov), The Picture of Dorian Gray (Oscar Wilde), Revolutionary Road (Richard Yates), anything by Virginia Woolf, anything by Ernest Hemingway, Invisible Monsters (Chuck Palahniuk), Looking For Alaska (John Green), The Unbearable Lightness of Being (Milan Kundera), The Sound and the Fury (William Faulkner), A Prayer For Owen Meany (John Irving), poetry and stuffs like that. :D
    Purposely not asking favourites because only losers have a favourite TV Show.
    <___<

Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal saviour?
    He's a ledge, we're on great terms.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LEAVE YOU NOW
    WHEN YOU'RE LOOKIN' LIKE THAT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Totes overrated. Has been disappointing in the most recent quarter, shows signs of improving though.

Well, guess who's not invited to my birthday party :mad:

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Well, guess who's not invited to my birthday party :mad:

...Jesus? He can be your friend too! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

If you had to live with three C&Hers for ever and ever and ever, who'd you pick?
    Favourite writer(s)?
    Best gig you've ever been to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

Hi almostnever! :)

Do you have a favourite song?

Favourite colour?

Does coke zero even compare to the original coke or is there no comparison?

Favourite subject in school?

X factor, nay or yay?

If yay, which contestants do you like so far?

Least favourite subject in school?

Last movie you seen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Are pyjamas acceptable wear to the shops?

Are a full box of pringles acceptable as a full meal?

What would you call the Lion you said you'd get?

Which planet would you like to visit and why, in no more than 10 words.

Favourite type of shoes?

What would you like to make less painful forever: walking in heels, waxing, or having a dentist poking around in your mouth?

Cad é an Gaeilge?

Black pen or blue pen?

Whats the most random job you'd like (not law related)?

Flip phones, slidey-up phones, or normal phones?

Would you prefer your hair to be any different?

Which C&H poster would you like to bring on a date? :P

How do you have so much free time to answer these questions?
    Jeez, Trinity Students must have nothing to do!
    /baits :P

Favourite use of free time?

Favourite book?

Favourite author?
    (I think it's a good assumption to assume that you like books :))

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Favourite Old school video game?

Favourite current gen video game?

Have you ever played Rock Band?

What's your party piece?

Advertisement