Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pets inside house

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Well apparently I'm weird then. Back home in Canada we always had two or three massive dogs and they ALWAYS slept with me on my bed and were very much indoor dogs (except for walks, obviously-- no leashes, acres of countryside, heaven for 'em).

I don't really get people who keep their animals outside. Wtf is the point in having them at all, then? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

liah wrote: »
    Well apparently I'm weird then. Back home in Canada we always had two or three massive dogs and they ALWAYS slept with me on my bed and were very much indoor dogs (except for walks, obviously-- no leashes, acres of countryside, heaven for 'em).

I don't really get people who keep their animals outside. Wtf is the point in having them at all, then? :confused:
    All the costs, none of the benefits... what is there to understand about that? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Excuse me, but my Pug is indoors 90% if the time, and with some daily routines my place is spic and span.

Jesus....my dog ain't half as bad as a child. Nephew was here for 1 hour last weekend and I'm still scraping the chocolate of my sofa....now THATS disgusting.

Kids in outdoor kennels ftw...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lily10

liah wrote: »

Exactly! why get them?! I have one neighbour who has a jack russell that has never once been in the house. That poor dog has been stuck in a concrete back yard since he was a puppy. It's awful, they're pack animals so can you imagine how this dog feels being alone all the time. They don't even look at him when they go out to feed him...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

2 cats. They have their own beds but she sometimes (wait, actually fecking all the time!?) sleeps at the end of my bed.

I don't hesitate to leave them outside if they aren't at the door when I'm going to bed though. They can handle themselves against the neighbourhood bully black cat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Lily10 wrote: »
    Exactly! why get them?! I have one neighbour who has a jack russell that has never once been in the house. That poor dog has been stuck in a concrete back yard since he was a puppy. It's awful, they're pack animals so can you imagine how this dog feels being alone all the time. They don't even look at him when they go out to feed him...

i feel sad for that dog, they do not appreciate it all.i have 3 jack russell, and they need heat and warmth also company, they love the heat and if they happen to be outside in garden when it is starting to rain, the will cry and bark at door to come in, i keep them in house, their bedsare near the radiator, these beds are fluffy lined for extra warmth,jack russell dogs feel the cold, and the more white colouring there is on the dog, the more they feel the cold,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Is it just me or is the idea of having your pet dog inside the house absolutely disgusting and dirty?? The thought of a dog inside bringing in the bacteria from outside, dog hairs, etc...

I've been hearing a lot of people then going one step further and bringing their dogs to bed with them; either at the end of the bed or on the bed itself, sleeping inbetween the couple?

I dont know if I'm the weirdo and if this is seen as normal or cute?

OCD tbh. You bring in bacteria from outside too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

brummytom wrote: »
    Well, same age

Its 84 in human years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Is it just me or is the idea of having your pet dog inside the house absolutely disgusting and dirty?? The thought of a dog inside bringing in the bacteria from outside, dog hairs, etc...

I've been hearing a lot of people then going one step further and bringing their dogs to bed with them; either at the end of the bed or on the bed itself, sleeping inbetween the couple?

I dont know if I'm the weirdo and if this is seen as normal or cute?
    Ive had a bad old headcold the last few days,so i said to the mrs i was sleeping in the spare room,so i slept in there with my staffie and i loved it and im certain she did also(the mrs :D),she slept with her head on the pillow first,stretched out like myself then she settled for sleeping @ the end of the bed... im not sure if its normal,it probably isnt but i really dont care,i absolutely love my dog to bits.
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    I keep tropical fish, what should i do?
    pmsl:D buy a wetsuit perhaps?:D
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    I think its now frowned apon to keep an animal outside, theres nothing wrong with sleeping with your animal too, not what i'd do but each to there own
    thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,093 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

goat2 wrote: »
    i feel sad for that dog, they do not appreciate it all.i have 3 jack russell, and they need heat and warmth also company, they love the heat and if they happen to be outside in garden when it is starting to rain, the will cry and bark at door to come in, i keep them in house, their bedsare near the radiator, these beds are fluffy lined for extra warmth,jack russell dogs feel the cold, and the more white colouring there is on the dog, the more they feel the cold,

Where'd you keep your goat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Have three cats. Don't mind them sleeping on our bed at all - I love having house animals, i can't quite grasp the point of having a pet that lives his life outdoors away from the family. I love nothing more than watching TV when I'm home with the two dogs nestled in beside me. Cats are extremely clean anyway - dogs aren't quite as much, but that doesn't stop my parents allowing their dogs to sleep under the covers. Every night now, for 8 years. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

that post has made me a little angry to say the least:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm a indoor bear. will sleep in bed with hawt girl

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Nulty wrote: »
    2 cats. They have their own beds but she sometimes (wait, actually fecking all the time!?) sleeps at the end of my bed.

I don't hesitate to leave them outside if they aren't at the door when I'm going to bed though. They can handle themselves against the neighbourhood ]bully black cat.

racist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I don't want to terrify you OP, but there are probably bacteria in your home RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! OMG! They are through the defenses!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lily10

that post has made me a little angry to say the least:(

imagine how i feel having to look at him over the wall. I actually offered them money once for him because I thought they certainly don't care about him but they might care about money. I talked to them about how awful it is.. the don't care. Now I just fantazise about taking him when they're not home!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

ABEasy wrote: »
    [/B]

racist

Racist^

Post reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

ABEasy wrote: »

racist

Statistics have shown that 90% of cat bullying is committed by black cats

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

imagine how i feel having to look at him over the wall. I actually offered them money once for him because I thought they certainly don't care about him but they might care about money. I talked to them about how awful it is.. the don't care. Now I just fantazise about taking him when they're not home!

My friend knew that a dog near him was being mistreated so after a drunken night out he plucked up the courage to dognap him from the offenders back garden ( I don't condone dognaping but here it was a forgivable offence). MacGyver now lives a very happy and spoiled life with my friend and his family. Happy ever after :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Where'd you keep your goat?

sittingroom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

My dog is cleaner than alot of humans I know...
    And is certainly alot cleaner that any children! now thats where you will get bacteria from! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Was minding my sisters mut over the weekend, woke up Saturday morning and found it asleep in one of the beds, I was quick to show it a size 9. :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My cat sleeps on the end of my bed sometimes, he's lovely and warm... and cleaner than some who've slept in it! :P

What would the OP do if they had children? What if one 'had an accident' in their bed? Or if one got head lice from school? Or came in from playing outside with MUD on their SHOES?

THE HORROR. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Was minding my sisters mut over the weekend, woke up Saturday morning and found it asleep in one of the beds, I was quick to show it a size 9. :p

Just as well you didn't kick it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

My dog has no problem licking my face after he's just licked his balls. He's OK with that. I'm OK with that.

We're both still alive.

....and Vice-Versa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've a Pitbull and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier.. Both are kept indoor's, and I've sold me shotgun and rifle.

I sleep tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I've a Pitbull and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier.. Both are kept indoor's, and I've sold me shotgun and rifle.

I sleep tight.
    comparing your dogs to weapons is just reinforcing the steriotype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I keep my hamster in the microwave & my cat in a wheelie bin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I sleep tight.

I would've sold the dogs, you don't need to feed guns and they don't s**t everywhere

Advertisement