Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday Evening on the Great South Wall

• 26-09-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

So I got a 5DMKII last month and after a few 'jobs' over the last few weeks I finally got to take some photos :D

I had an hour spare on Friday so took a walk someway down the great south wall. Gotta say, I love this camera! Here's a few pix I took.

I'm not particularly looking for C&C, but if you have any it is always appreciated.

Thanks for looking!

5027481836_4fa6c9a65d_o.jpg

5027480828_af6da5c164_o.jpg

5026860543_53839c857b_o.jpg

5027499060_54243d1051_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I love #1 and #2 - the silhouetty form in #1 works really well, my favourite of the set. #2 is lovely dramatic, great skies and movement.

#3 Meh - Doesn't work for me, just don't like it, other than that there is nothing wrong with it.

and #4 is waaaaaaaay to blow out to serve me any merit. (sorry!)

But congrats on the new baby!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

sNarah wrote: »
    #4 is waaaaaaaay to blow out to serve me any merit. (sorry!)QUOTE]

Yeah, It's way blown out, but I kind of liked it like that for some reason :D

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

No. 4 looks a bit apocalyptic - I like it :)

GL with the new camera :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

no. 2 for me - the ambience & great conversion

nice camera - you can start making films now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Jumping jesus! #2 is an out and out stunner!

Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Yeah, It's way blown out, but I kind of liked it like that for some reason :D

Thanks!

Me too! I think it's a cracker. It reminds me of a rocket launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Sky is great in no.2 ,what pp did you use if any ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Agree 2 is epic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

hoganpoly wrote: »
    Sky is great in no.2 ,what pp did you use if any ;)

hmmm, not exactly sure. It was a lightroom preset to start with and then some manual adjustments. I'd have to check it again to be sure.

Advertisement