Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you make of the World Open Final??

• 26-09-2010 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Myself...I thought it was very good. I had a feeling when Robertson went 1-0 up he was going to take the match, Constantly potted all sorts of balls...Wonder what made the wheels come off in Ronnies game? Could not have predicted 5-1 but knew Robertson would beat him.

Bad pink that Ronnie missed, The match could have turned at that point but it didn't..

Robertson seems to be the man to be at the moment :)

Alan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Well to think Robertson kinda looked out at 2-0 down to Mark Williams a few hours ago, and then he ends up lifting the grand prix trophy he won last October.

It's been a good week for snooker with this tournament, it has revitalised things a bit, but I wouldn't want them messing with Sheffield. The world championship should be over the longer matches. It works and captures the attention every April/May. Fill the rest of the year up with these shorter formats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Agree with Arthur - There is room on the calender for one or two short events but would hate to see them mess with the World Champs etc

If this format is run again next year I would defo look at travelling over. Great chance to see all the top players in a short space of time.

Advertisement