Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get DVD player fixed?

Options
  • 26-09-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any good and reasonably cheap place to get a DVD player fixed ?

I know it might be usually cheaper just to buy another but this one was expensive (by my standards anyway) and all that's wrong with it is that the tray won't open .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

http://www.ocservice.ie/ should be able to help out, but they will probably tell you it'd be cheaper to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

http://www.ocservice.ie/ should be able to help out, but they will probably tell you it'd be cheaper to replace.
    Ya so much cheaper to buy a new one. Factor in man hours alone to strip,test and find out what's wrong before even buying parts. That's if they could get the parts.

If you want I can take a look at it for you, spent the past decade fixing DVD players and other electrical equipment for family and friends. A disc tray not opening is usually a simple enough fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ATMW

Try Hyne's electric in Dominick street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

ATMW wrote: »
    Try Hyne's electric in Dominick street.

Hynes TV in Domnick Street are long gone closed down about 2 years ago, there is some guy in there selling stuff but its not Hynes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thanks for the replies everyone. I didn't realise it would be an expensive job to be honest. I'll never buy expensive electronics again :o

Darko : PM sent. Thank you for the offer! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Try Paul at In Car Technology in Ballybane.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

If you want I can take a look at it for you, spent the past decade fixing DVD players and other electrical equipment for family and friends. A disc tray not opening is usually a simple enough fix.

Your not, em this guy by any chance

ep53_propjoe_06.jpg

Advertisement