Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuse Bin Collection Newbridge

Options
  • 26-09-2010 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi there

just moving down to Kilbelin and wondering what bin collections companies are available and which is best value?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i work for aes, afaik theres us, thorntons, oxigen, ray whelan, and i'm not sure if ballymore bins are in that far yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Oxigen are best value when I checked 3 months ago. 3 bins, black, brown, green. Black collected every 2 weeks and the other 2 on alternate weeks. Council pricing is silly so avoid them. You can pay in quarterly installments by phone using credit card. 75 or thereabouts for quarter if memory serves me correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Damien360 wrote: »
    Oxigen are best value when I checked 3 months ago. 3 bins, black, brown, green. Black collected every 2 weeks and the other 2 on alternate weeks. Council pricing is silly so avoid them. You can pay in quarterly installments by phone using credit card. 75 or thereabouts for quarter if memory serves me correct.

The crazy thing is that Oxygen are contracted to do the collection for KCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

We are with Ray Whelan bins and think its the best value,weekly bin collection and recycling fortnightly.

Last time i checked was a few months ago so prices could be changed since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

the weekly bin collection will probably stop in the next couple of months

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

The useful thing about AES is on top of normal bin, recycle bin and brown bin, they also collect your bottles.
    Dead handy if you are fond of your wine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Yeah but the thing with AES it was pot luck if they ever collected your bin !!!

Oxygen was good, but only forthnightly refuse collection (which meant we had to get the larger bin)

Currently with Ray Whelan, weekly refuse collection. Forthnightly recycling and monthy bottles. we have the small bin with them and from memory it was 300

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

I've been with AES nearly 10 years now and I'd say I only ever had to ring them two or three times.
    Can't fault the service and as other OP says they also collect bottles / jars etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Fudge74 wrote: »
    I've been with AES nearly 10 years now and I'd say I only ever had to ring them two or three times.
    Can't fault the service and as other OP says they also collect bottles / jars etc.

Have to totally agree with the above. We are nearly 4 years now in Newbridge. Have been with AES since day 1, and NEVER had a problem with them. Also, what impresses me with them is if I phone them they always come back if my query cannot be answered there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I can only say that wasnt my experience with them. They freqently missed both refuse and recycling collections. It got to the stage where I had the reps number programmed into my phone - but service never improved. Moved as soon as the year was up.

Never Had any probs with oxygen or Ray wheelan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

We use Thorntons. Cheapest in the area at 67.50 for 3 months for bi-weekly general, green and brown bin.

Advertisement