Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

signing off and p45

• 26-09-2010 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

i recently got offered a job and im going to need my last p45, problem is last year i claimed my tax back so i sent off the top part of my p45 and got my tax back, then i was left with the little slip for social welfare, so when i applied for JSB they kept it, now im wondering can i get it back or get one re-issued:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

deaglan169 wrote: »
    i recently got offered a job and im going to need my last p45, problem is last year i claimed my tax back so i sent off the top part of my p45 and got my tax back, then i was left with the little slip for social welfare, so when i applied for JSB they kept it, now im wondering can i get it back or get one re-issued:confused:

To get a P45 re-issued, you'd need to get back on to your previous employer. If that's not possible or practical, you will need to apply for a certificate of tax credits (Form 12A), which can be done here on the revenue website.
    In fact, because your P45 is from last year (by the sound of it) this form is actually the correct one for you. According to revenue, you need a form 12A if:

you are starting your first employment in the State
    you are a national of another country living in Ireland and are starting your first employment in the State
    you are recommencing employment following a period of unemployment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i gave my p45 in to the welfare when i was signing on, it had 3 forms attached when i gave it in so they could make a copy for my claim, but my p45 now has 2 forms attached, just part 2 and 3 , the welfare must off taken part 1 and not given it back,what am i to do , does this matter ?? because im starting a new job at the end of this month and would like to have all the correct forms etc

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

my new employer said that they will ring the revenue office and sort it out for me, once they have my PPS they can sort it out so i wouldnt worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭premier10

A V A wrote: »

but my p45 now has 2 forms attached, just part 2 and 3 , the welfare must off taken part 1 and not given it back,what am i to do , does this matter ?? because im starting a new job at the end of this month and would like to have all the correct forms etc

cheers

Part 1 is usually kept by SW if you seek benefits.

Parts 2,3 is all your new employer needs.

No need to worry, you have everything you need.

Hope that helps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

premier10 wrote: »
    Part 1 is usually kept by SW if you seek benefits.

Parts 2,3 is all your new employer needs.

No need to worry, you have everything you need.

Hope that helps

cheers pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Technically your new employer doesn't need your P45 - just contact Revenue and get a Tax Credits certificate issued.

Advertisement