Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The sh1t people post on facebook.

• 27-09-2010 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

I think Facebook is great for keeping in contact with friend and Relatives who have emigrated and for bars and businesses to advetise etc..

But i dont care if your just after having a jam sandwitch or that you think Robert Pattinson is dreamy.
    Who do these people think wants to hear these things?

I did see this funny one last week...my friend brian chatting to another friend

Brian *******Man i dont no how 2use tis poxy ting.hope tis is d private chat.did u go 2emerson(thats the local gp) after bout the red dots on your foreskin.what did he say it was?

this is still on his page for all his 400 friends to see.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

The sh!t people post on boards tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

:pac: smooth edit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Plus everyone else who looked at the page when you linked it. Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

That was a quick edit:D

not quick enough though...poor Kearney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

I'm pretty sure your mate knew what he was doing and is just taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Another week, another Facebook complaint thread. And so the circle of life continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Kids and their facebooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

SugarHigh wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure your mate knew what he was doing and is just taking the piss.

Still i would not like it posted on my page! funny though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I do enjoy the boasting however.

Emily posted 987 new photos in the album "Summer Holidays in Vietnam, Bolivia, New York, Geneva, Swaziland with the girls 2010 yay!!!"

Brian loves his new college course, great to be doing MEDICINE!!

Ciaran likes "I love posting everything in my life so everybody knows how well I'm doing and I feel great"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Facebook is of zero interest to me.

From what i have read about it, it should be renamed bitchbook or bullybook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

How about Bonnybrook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I had to deactivate my Facebook account cos too many hot chicks were PMing me kinky pics of themselves, there was only so many times i could type "luvn de pics bbzz wdc xxx lol" in response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I do enjoy the boasting however.

Emily posted 987 new photos in the album "Summer Holidays in Vietnam, Bolivia, New York, Geneva, Swaziland with the girls 2010 yay!!!"

Brian loves his new college course, great to be doing MEDICINE!!

Ciaran likes "I love posting everything in my life so everybody knows how well I'm doing and I feel great"

Just three of many reasons I don't have a Facebook.

The question "What is the main reason a person would not have a facebook account?" could never be asked on family fortune.

There'd be too many possible answers.

"......................and the survey says - fhjdkheskjghv\opj;OHDFG;OAIDGVUP" /BOOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

demakinz wrote: »

Why are you reading them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Or should remain Facebook as the founder named it, and members learn to take responsibilty for their profiles and posts. Whether you and I like it or not- Online social media is here to stay (for a long time). You will be surprised to know how many folks are adding value to their lives and developing their potentials by sticking the fundamental purpose of Facebook, Linkedin etc..NETWORKING!!

Sorry, but if some percentage decide to use the site as an avenue to bitch or bully others, it shouldnt deny those who are on there for the original purpose it was set up for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I love facebook.

In fact where once the first forum's I checked where boards.ie & judoforum.com I now go to FB for Judo and Martial Arts updates but more or less real time chat with friends and training partners before coming to boards.ie or Judoforum.com.

Yea, some people post up rubbish, just like every other forum online. But its easy to cut through the bullsh*t and get to the juicy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭30H!3

It arises from people's insecurity and desperate need for social acceptance.

Christ these threads do boards a great injustice.

A thread about a second hand report of a bullsh!t facegunk post.

feckin hell.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

You got it so wrong, facebook is for perving at hot girls

Pervbook perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

Brian *******Man i dont no how 2use tis poxy ting.hope tis is d private chat.did u go 2emerson(thats the local gp) after bout the red dots on your foreskin.what did he say it was?

I think your friend Brian may only have been fraped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

danh789 wrote: »
    I think your friend Brian may only have been fraped.

I seen some of them and they can be very nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Oranage2 wrote: »
    You got it so wrong, facebook is for perving at hot girls

Pervbook perhaps

Unless they have their accounts of private....then its a Bitchbook

KINGVictor wrote: »
    Or should remain Facebook as the founder named it, and members learn to take responsibilty for their profiles and posts. Whether you and I like it or not- Online social media is here to stay (for a long time). You will be surprised to know how many folks are adding value to their lives and developing their potentials by sticking the fundamental purpose of Facebook, Linkedin etc..NETWORKING!!

Sorry, but if some percentage decide to use the site as an avenue to bitch or bully others, it shouldnt deny those who are on there for the original purpose it was set up for.

What ever way you cut it, this very thread is about a silly post in another social networking website. Come on?!

Lifes too short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Not nice of you to reveal his surname. Especially such a distinctive one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

What ever way you cut it, this very thread is about a silly post in another social networking website. Come on?!

Lifes too short.

Exactly my point actually, just like the social world, people will have different opinions, motives, objectives etc on social networking sites but the difference is the user's utility and purpose.

You also have realise that facebook is not essentially a faceless medium which will inevitably resemble real life complexities.

Silly Post??...I agree with you not...because everyone is entitled to their opinion but the key is meaningful debate to either agree or negate poster's positions on issues.

KINGVictor wrote: »
    Exactly my point actually, just like the social world, people will have different opinions, motives, objectives etc on social networking sites but the difference is the user's utility and purpose.

You also have realise that facebook is not essentially a faceless medium which will inevitably resemble real life complexities.

Silly Post??...I agree with you not...because everyone is entitled to their opinion but the key is meaningful debate to either agree or negate poster's positions on issues.

Yeah look its obvious you're a fan of facebook so obviously you're going to try to contradict anything i say & on & on, yadda yadda yadda....

You like it, i don't. Fair enough. Im done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

A minority use facebook to provide hourly updates of their movements, experiences, what they're eating and other related rubbish. Some even wake up during the night to post that they've woken up.

But I found that it eases after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Hating facebook is the new hating myspce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I think Facebook is great for keeping in contact with friend and Relatives who have emigrated and for bars and businesses to advetise etc..

But i dont care if your just after having a jam sandwitch or that you think Robert Pattinson is dreamy.

I hope your * Friend, Brian, wasn't reading this before your edit.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement