Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Anime 2010

Options
  • 27-09-2010 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

So, there I was, watching my weekly anime, when I noticed that these were all finales!

Which means, of course, that a new season is upon us.

Large image:
    http://thecartdriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Fall-2010-Chart-V2.jpg

So, I only watch sequels if I've seen the prequel, thus Arakawa.

Gonna check out Panty and Stocking aswell, unless it's a massive lolicon, Gainax do pretty good stuff.

Also gonna watch Star Driver, seeing as Bones are doing it. But I'm a bit skeptical, the trailer is very gay.

And then I'll add in Otome Youkai Zakuro.

Anyone else looking forward to something specific?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ahahaha Fortune Arterial. I was in Tokyo and I bought the visual novel perfect visual book. Got home, opened it and it was hentai. Ah lololololol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not the greatest season ever, but it'll do.

Index, there's more of it so what's not to like.

kuragahime seems like it may be ok can't find any manga it's based off, so who knows what it'll be like.

Ironman two of my favourite thing in life are comics and complaining how people ruin them.

hakouuki watched the first one and liked it so looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Going to check out panty and star driver. My sister can't be this cute seems worth a watch as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Star Driver looks fabulous. Gonna be watching that.

Probably Iron Man too. Looking at the promo videos for Panty & Stocking I'll probably give it a miss.

I enjoy the Bakuman manga so I'll check out the anime. And probably the new season of Arakawa.

Also, more Gundam Unicorn, Black Lagoon and Katanagatari!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Bakuman, Arakawa 2, Toaru Majutsu no Index 2 and The World God Only Knows are the big 4 for me this season. I'll probably watch much more though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Star driver : cos bones are epic :)
    Letter Bee s2 : brilliant first season cant wait to see this
    something i think will be funny is my little sister cant be this cute,

other than that I hate that occult acemedy is over, it was really good :(

Just finished watching the first Bakuman episode and if you haven't started you Autumn Anime season yet this would be a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

1st impressions time:

Bakuman (gg) is very good. Director is from Honey & Clover, got some good laughs off me.

Panty and Stocking (crunchyroll) is weird. Very blassé. I like it, I wouldn't call it great though, but it's got interesting style to it, mixes in real video. Very powerpuff girls, but much more funny.

And Star Driver (gg) is flamboyant. Like wow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Impressions :) , this season looked preatty void of anime from the previews but the 1st episodes have thrown up some interesting shows, definately picking up Bakuman, Star Driver and Psychic Detective Yakumo

Bakuman : didnt expect to like it so much but it has an interesting premise, some lol moments there too and the characters are very believeable. 8/10

Star Driver : Awesomeness, mecha + shounen + bones = instant classic, loved the characters, animation and the overall design only downside was the plot was kinda thrown at ya without much explaination hopefully they flesh it out in the next episode. 8/10

Letter Bee Reverse : Nice opening to the second season leaving off where the 1st ended, gauches storys getting more interesting now 7/10

MM : Just wtf, its like the most prdictable ecchi anime ever , you just know how the story is going to go but for some strange reason i enjoyed the 1st episode a bit 6/10

My Little Sister Can’t Be This Cute : This is gonna be one of the funniest animes ever, the aniation is also very good (wasn’t really expecting too much) 8/10

Psychic Detective Yakumo : This is the hidden gem of the season, I’ve seen no-one talk about it but its damn interesting. Id go as far to say its the best series this season based on the 1st episode 9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Watched my first 2 of this season just there. Arakawa 2 doesn't disappoint and it continues on the superb track which it paved out during season 1. Good characters and a fun story - no complaints.

The big surprise for me was Psychic Detective Yakumo - a fantastic opening which could be setting this series up to be very, very good. Keep an eye out for this one, as it could develop nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

"What would it be like if I had no legs?" - sister. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

What I've watched so far:-

Panty & Stocking: pretty decent if a bit mad, also that transformation scene.... unf

Bakuman: big fan of the manga, anime looks like it's gonna be well adapted

MM!: tsundere show of the season I guess

My Sister Can't be This Cute: enjoyed the first episode, will keep on watching

Iron Man: kinda crap

Arakawa 2: awesome of course, I love you SHAFT

The World God Only Knows: love the manga, good first episode. I'd recommend it

Now I'm waiting on Index 2, Togainu no Chi and that other SHAFT show. Seems to be a pretty good season, almost too many shows to watch. I'll probably drop a couple.

Ayako seem to have done a better job of index than the others.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Fortune Arterial is not what I expected it to be, and I liked it. 7/10

The World God Only Knows is good. 8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

Only watched 2 shows so far:

Bakuman 8/10

The World god only Know's 8/10

Are there any other show's worth watching this season?

Star Driver is good so far. Try it

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

Thanks for the recomendation, Star Driver was fun and a bit over the top. 8.5/10

Advertisement