Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must do things before leaving UCD?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Attempt to climb the fences of one of the UCD res at three o clock in the morning. Succeed and/or end up in Vincents sobering up and nursing nasty wounds..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

damselnat wrote: »
    Attempt to climb the fences of one of the UCD res at three o clock in the morning. Succeed and/or end up in Vincents sobering up and nursing nasty wounds..

Or as I witnessed the other night, lads taking running jumps through a small hole in the merville fence when the security guards were looking the other way. It was actually hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Buy lunch for the Hobo.

Get into the forum office [it's so cool and mysterious in there]

Find every entrance to UCD

Drink while it's bright outside

Raid an event you have no interest in, just for the free food/drink

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I still has the tunnel map :D

Might still be on boards somewhere too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I think this is a map of the tunnel network
    http://imgur.com/qk9Wr

(Not sure who the author is, all the credit goes to him/her)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Yeah that looks about right!

I'd say most of the entrances if not all have probably been locked up tightly since that map was published in the Observer last year. As I said before they're still open now and again and I think the one near Ag is open reguarly enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

How old is that satellite photo? No Quinn school, what looks like tennis courts where the main pay & display car park used to be until this year, no car park behind Ag, no car park at the 10 bus stop etc...so many changes since then. Its got to be at least 10 years old since the Quinn school opened in 2002 and was presumably under construction for quite some time before that. Wonder why whoever made the map chose to use that image instead of a more recent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Blut2 wrote: »
    How old is that satellite photo? No Quinn school, what looks like tennis courts where the main pay & display car park used to be until this year, no car park behind Ag, no car park at the 10 bus stop etc...so many changes since then. Its got to be at least 10 years old since the Quinn school opened in 2002 and was presumably under construction for quite some time before that. Wonder why whoever made the map chose to use that image instead of a more recent one.

Quinn is there and I presume it is a google earth image thats why it was used

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Quinn is there and I presume it is a google earth image thats why it was used

Have you bothered to look at the image I was talking about? Quinn is not there, its an empty field in the photo with the outline of the Quinn school superimposed by the photos editor. Its not google maps, their image is from the last year or two: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=ucd+dublin&ie=UTF8&hq=ucd+dublin&hnear=&ll=53.305935,-6.219817&spn=0.005225,0.013937&t=h&z=17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Have you bothered to look at the image I was talking about? Quinn is not there, its an empty field in the photo with the outline of the Quinn school superimposed by the photos editor. Its not google maps, their image is from the last year or two: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=ucd+dublin&ie=UTF8&hq=ucd+dublin&hnear=&ll=53.305935,-6.219817&spn=0.005225,0.013937&t=h&z=17

It is google, it was made a long long time ago

• Advertisement

The image is around 7-8 years old as far as I can remember. Its slightly irrelevant when the image is taken anyway as regard the tunnels as they only connect into the older buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭swatch

Are the entrances to the tunnel inside the buildings or how do you get into them?

swatch wrote: »
    Are the entrances to the tunnel inside the buildings or how do you get into them?

Some of them are in the buildings and some are outside. The map explains their locations pretty well.

Advertisement