Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

faulty xbox 360

• 27-09-2010 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

Hey

My 360 elite recently developed a fault . It switches on sometimes, but other times it shows 3 red lights and wont switch on. Ive only had it since march, which is a bit crap

Anyway i need to buy a new console and im unsure whether get slim PS3 or a slim 360 ?

I suppose id like to stay with 360 because of familiarity but would like to know if i can transfer all my gamertag & save game files accross from my old 360 to a new slim 360? and how?

Also, i heard that PS3 online is not as good as xbox live, is this true? .. but then again it is free and the Ps3 has blu ray aswell

cheers for any input

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

if u got it new its still under warranty and u can get it fixed for free by contacting microsoft

get whatever console ya want!

and yes u can transfer all your old data over via a usb key or a hard drive or the xbox data cable, and u can recover your gamertag on the new console via xbox live on it

if you have blue ray disks then probably a pro to getting the ps3, but i prefare xbox live and the online playing of xbox more than the ps, but ive only ever used the playstation 3 a very small bit, but i like the xbox-ness of things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

As Al above said microsoft have a 3yr returns policy on xboxs that have that fault.

As for going for ps3/xbox what do most of your friends use?Which console has the better exclusives(halo on xbox,unchartered on ps3 etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Cheers for you replies, i reckon im gonna stick with the 360

so if i sell my faulty xbox now can i save my data to a usb stick and then just transfer it to my new xbox further down the line? (i wont be buying straight away) - how do i save current data to a usb stick can i ask? - just dont want to mess it up

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I think most stores offer a 12 month warranty on the device as well if you still have the receipt. You should be able to contact the store you bought it from and they'll replace it if it's brand new. Otherwise you should at least avail of the free fix from MS. You'll be without the box for 2-3 weeks but thats better than being without a few hundred to buy a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Please take the advice of posters here and send it back to Microsoft for repair if you have not broken the warranty seal on the console. It is the easiest, most painfree option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

I bought it second hand off adverts with no receipt so dont think i could return it anywhere.

I checked the MFR on the back and i think its older than 3 yrs so extended warranty doesn't apply.

Sold it now anyway for 50.

I'll be getting a 250gb slim when the funds build back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

1. You don't need a receipt unless you're returning to a shop
    2. Microsoft have broken the 3 year date for fixing an RROD plenty of times

You should have checked ;)

Advertisement