Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEIGHBOURS WHO LET THEIR DOGS OUT AT NIGHT TO SH!T.

Options
  • 27-09-2010 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry folks for the rude title but I am totally pissed off atm.

I have this neighbour that lets her dog out at night to do its business.
    There are a lot of children on our road and I think its totally selfish of her to do this. This dog has the run of the road day and night and not only does it deficate where ever it wants, but bites and bursts all of the footballs that it can get its teeth on.

Within the last 2 years we have had 8 balls burst on us.
    This might sound funny but to a child this is serious business.
    What if the child desides he's/she's had enough of this and tries to grab the ball back? My kids have come in crying over this.

And I for one cant bloody stand stepping in dog sh!t while mowing my lawn, and with sh!t on my shoe looking across at this obnoxious woman yapping and smiling to the neighbours, urrrggghhh.

She obviously lets the dog out to deficate outside and not in her garden, saving her the hardship of cleaning up after her dog.

Late night rant over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Well she's hardly going to let it **** in her house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

She has a back garden.

1. Dog sh!ts in Back garden.

2. She see's the mess.

3. Goes outside and picks it up and bins it.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭knotknowbody

You could always leave a treat out for the dog, something that would make it need to do it's business alot more often, she might have a mess to clean up inside the next morning. :D or have a very sleepless night with her dog needing to get out every few minutes. :D

Note: I would not condone this kind of behaviour as it would be cruel on a properly trained dog and dogs are great and don't deserve any cruelness, owners however well there a different story. :mad:

This has crossed my mind;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

You could always leave a treat out for the dog

I bet this is your neighbour looking for you to feed her dog for free

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

You could get a "radio fence". Too high pitched for humans to hear, too noisy for dogs to go near. At least that way the dog will sh1t elsewhere

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Failure to clean up dog mess is an offence. Contact the litter wardens in Fingal Co.Co. (8906264) and report this behaviour, a nice fine will soften her cough. In the meantime try to get some photos/videos of the incidents as backup.
    Remember it's not the dog that'as at fault here, it's the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

Why dont you say something to her? If I had a dog doing its business on my property I wouldnt be too long in leaving the deposit back with the dogs owner!
    As previous posters have said its the owner not the dog who is at fault. The dog should not be out without a lead either. Its against the law. To be fair alot of people do pick up after their dogs but you will always have the small minority who dont give a dam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭moonshinerocks

I would be equally annoyed, clearly it has to stop. Nobody wants to fall out with their neighbours but this really sounds too much s##t for you to take. Perhaps she just doesn't realise how it is affecting you - maybe if you mention it politely ie. not like you are having a go at her, the problem can be sorted and she might not take offence?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

You should definately report her to Fingal County Council. She is letting her dog stray and deficate where ever it wants both of which are illegal. You could try having a word with her but she sounds like the kind of person who would tell you where to go so if I were you I'd report her. A nice fine will have her being more careful in future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭moonshinerocks

I would try talking to her first. If that doesn't work then definitely report her.

I'm not the most confrontational of people and I don't want to cause hassle on my road. This woman has a nice network of neighbour friends and I'd hate to be ostracised or my kids to be.

I caught the dog ready to do its business in my garden a few weeks ago and shouted at it to get out of the garden, but the look on its owners face (dagger looks).

She's not the only one in my area to let their dogs deficate where they wish so she could say that it isn't her dogs dirt.

The green across from me is filled with dogsh!t and its difficult to take my kids across to play ball because of this.

We had a dog until recently and built a special area in the back garden for him to poo. If a person gets a dog they should put up with the displeasure and expense of doing the hard tasks instead of leaving it to others.

I'd say her garden is nice and clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

suey71 wrote: »

I caught the dog ready to do its business in my garden a few weeks ago and shouted at it to get out of the garden, but the look on its owners face (dagger looks).

That was a mistake. You should have let the dog do its business and then called her over to clean up the mess and take it away with her.

Bad enough to have to clean it up, but to have someone telling you to clean up, and watching you do it, makes it 100 times worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

SH!T

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Had the same problem. Impossible to talk to the neighbour so used a dog repellent. Works very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Murt10 wrote: »
    That was a mistake. You should have let the dog do its business and then called her over to clean up the mess and take it away with her.

I for one did this - someone was walking their dog and I could see from my house he was looking at his dog in my flower bed taking a s**t, waited for the dog then walked off. Straight out I went. He played dumb but when I told him I saw him, he picked it up with his hands and put it down a drain. I said "you should carry a plastic bag..."
    He want to do that again..Everyone gives out but no one does anything.

I only did this cause he wasn't a neighbor - If I was you Id write the neighbor a very friendly note (assuming she is oblivious to it all) and make her aware that its in everyones best interest hygiene wise etc...
    Failing that ring the council,
    We had the same problem in our estate and the put up those "when your dog does his business you do yours" signs stating the fines etc...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

If anyone from the D15 area has any knowledge of how this problem was tackled in particular estates it might be of interest to the op.
    Otherwise I might have to move this thread on to the Animal & pets forum.

Would any of you know if its possible to get some anti dog litter signs from the Council.

Thanks again for all your responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Would any of you know if its possible to get some anti dog litter signs from the Council.

Thanks again for all your responses.

Contact your local councillor. I have seen them in some of the estates around Dublin 15.

If it is not the council that puts them up, it must be the local residents' association. Contact them and ask them about it.

• Advertisement

Hi Godge, some of the neighbours tried to set up a residents association a number of years back but it came to nothing.
    Now would seem to be a good time to revive it, then get in touch with the local councillor. There are a lot more children in the area now and people seem to get more involved with social issues when their children will benefit.

Thanks.

This is serious stuff. Especially after this was made common knowledge.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1304091/Toddler-lose-eye-catching-infection-dog-mess-park.html*

Sorry for linking that rag but it was in plenty of other newspapers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 nextbestintown

Dogs are a luxury that most people in Dublin cannot afford to have space wise.

Not fair to have any sized dog anywhere less 6 acres.

Cruel mofos!:mad:

I agree with you to a point.

Some dogs like Yorkies and Poms etc. are lap dogs and don't need to much space, but this dog I'm talking about should be on a farm tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I agree with you to a point.

Some dogs like Yorkies and Poms etc. are lap dogs and don't need to much space, but this dog I'm talking about should be on a farm tbh.[/QUOTE]

This thread should probably be in Animals and Pets really???

(Like it is not D15 specific??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Its certainly a big problem in D.15.

People need to report the people they see doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Had similar problem with a new neighbour's dog. Remember it's not the dogs fault.

I picked up all the dog poo for about a week and put it in a large plastic bag. A labrador dumps quite a bit of poo.

At the end of the week(late at night) I dumped the contents of the bag all over the veranda leading to the front door. Have a nice day neighbour.

Never seemed to have a problem with their dog ****ting all over the place again.

Advertisement