Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback would be appreciated

• 27-09-2010 5:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I've composed a few pieces of music and I'd really appreciate some feedback.
    I'm really nervous about people hearing these, so don't be too cruel!
    I am no singer and I can't write lyrics, so for the minute these are instrumental.
    I used audacity to layer the different tracks, but it's all me.

Honest opinions please, but as I say, try not to be cruel :o

Panic Attack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E2mFc42Gmc
    Symmetry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYjC1G7fSL8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CockleHocker

Ok, so I know nobody has actually commented on these, but I thought I might as well put the link up for the newest one I've uploaded. I think this one might actually be my favourite one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqwny4WGC_8

I really would appreciate some feedback on these. They are quite rough but they're really only ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

i like the second one a lot to be honest (symmetry)

panic attack i found hard to listen to. some good idea's in it but it was just very messy IMO.

Are you thinking of putting lyrics to any of them?
    i would imagine it would be kind of hard to put lyrics to any of these, not impossible though.

Thanks a million for the response. Really appreciate it!

It's great that you like any of them, to be honest! :D
    Panic attack is pretty representative of its title... so yeh... it's pretty messy :D
    Well, I'm not really sure what to do with them, to be honest. I'd love to find some musicians to bash around some ideas with, but I can't seem to find any. I would like to try to work in some lyrics alright, but I'm neither a lyricist or a singer.

Thanks again for the response!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭cvk

Some nice playing in there....a times a bit messy..timimg issues but i can see what ur trying to do....maybe play along with a beat behind???
    Last one posted is good....It chops and changes ..i like that but its hard to listen sometimes because the timing is a bit out.

Keep it up

CVK

breaking-light.com

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for the response cvk. I agree that there are issues with timing etc. I'm still getting the hang of layering the tracks. Hopefully it'll get better! I'm glad that you can hear what I'm trying to do though!

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I only discovered this forum today!

Panic attack - sorry, I don't like it (please don't take offence)!

Symmetry - I prefer this tune, nice dancey tune, though the slower bits that follow ruin it a little, but not much. If the right lyrics was put with this, it would probably sound a lot better and maybe get people up onto a dance floor!

Percussion tune - Very nice

Weird tune - Good range of harmonies, agree with cvk.

It's always good to hear different music, listening to this would remind me of how ELO's material must have sounded when people first heard it and they have since become classics!

Hi Kelle! First of all, thank you so much for continuing to listen, even though you didn't like the first one! Really appreciate that :). No offence taken at all!

You might be right, about the slow bits, but I was trying to keep it interesting. Tempo changes is just something I'm playing with at the minute. I'm also hoping that with lyrics, it'll all be brought together.

I'm working on making my stuff smoother - they do change very abruptly at times and it can be quite offputting.

Thank you! I'm glad people seem to think my stuff is a bit different.

Really appreciate the feedback, Kelle! Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Driseog

Avoided Panic Attack at first cos of the above reviews but turned out to be my favourite. Would love to hear a structured tune and song made from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Panic attack could do without the guitar plodding along and the tune could be less complicated. It just sounds a bit too much but not a lost cause at all.

The symmetry tune was quite good and reminded me of Roesy.

The weird tune was good too but again a bit over complicated.

All in all not bad at all.

IMO.

• Advertisement

Driseog: :) I don't blame you at all for skipping it, but I'm glad you liked it in the end! I'll be sure to post finished versions if I ever get that far.

CoalBucket: I see what you're saying. To me it seems a bit stark without the guitar. I just feel that the guitar balances it and gives it a clear rhythm. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think that maybe if they were recorded properly it might make a big difference. These were recorded using a Zoom recorder and layered using the free software Audacity, so it's not the most sophisticated production!

Thank you both for your comments. Much appreciated!

I don't want to make a new thread for this, so I'm just gonna post it in here. I hope nobody minds.

Naming songs is not my forte, and this one is a bit playful, so....

Playful Tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6rieZyvPwg

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭crazy chester

Your style is very Tori Amos, I like it! If you had a bit more structure and lyrics youd reach a lot more people, just my 2 cents though!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I like the playful tune- the second piece is grand but there's a note that sounds flat and not in line with the other harmonies, I'd say it's just a case of strumming the next note up on the guitar (it sounds like guitar anyway!). Others are nice and easy listening.

I hope you can understand my drivel - I don't quite have the correct music terminology!

Advertisement