Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cliff Burton R.I.P

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

24 years already? The years fly.

I was at two gigs on the Damage Inc tour in 1986, the SFX and the Apollo nights, then a few weeks later the news came in that Cliff had died in the accident.

I remember it being a weird feeling having just seen them play so close to the accident, and Puppets was still on heavy rotation with me due to still being buzzing from the gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Truly, someone whom I will personally never forget in terms of musical inspiration

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

A great bassist. 'Orion' has some gorgeous bass, but I suppose there's no point in picking one song as there were so many of equal brilliance. If he had lived I think Metallica would have been the greatest metal band ever. Things really went downhill after his death. Not withstanding 'And Justice for All' which could actually be my favorite Metallica record. R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ClutchIt wrote: »
    A great bassist. 'Orion' has some gorgeous bass, but I suppose there's no point in picking one song as there were so many of equal brilliance. If he had lived I think Metallica would have been the greatest metal band ever. Things really went downhill after his death. Not withstanding 'And Justice for All' which could actually be my favorite Metallica record. R.I.P
    that's a myth, if he lived, he would have been the first in Metallica to change musical direction.
    RIP Cliff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

that's a myth, if he lived, he would have been the first in Metallica to change musical direction.
    RIP Cliff!
    +1

I think Cliff would have been to the forefront of the various changes in musical direction if he had lived. With the possible\probable exception of St Anger of course :p.

Gone, but never forgotten. \m/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

RIP Cliff Burton. The heart and soul of Metallica(when he was alive). His spirit lives on though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

One of the few musicians who had great technical and creative abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Quiz question(and NO CHEATING):

On how many albums did Cliff Burton receive writing credits?

kill
    ride
    master
    ajfa (to live)

off the top of me head!!

????

• Advertisement

kill
    ride
    master
    ajfa (to live)

off the top of me head!!

????

Correct. Gold star for you.

I'm sure there were other albums that Cliff has writing credits on though. Did the that comedic band that Cliff and James Hetfield were in not release something as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

great loss. early metallica was on another level.

Another one:

What was the name of the band he was in immediately before joining Metallica?

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I'm sure there were other albums that Cliff has writing credits on though. Did the that comedic band that Cliff and James Hetfield were in not release something as well?
    no, "the spastic children"? no releases.....maybe bootlegs

Cliff Burton played bass for a band along with a famous lead guitarist prior to metallica...Name the band and guitarist?

bonus point:
    WHo played bass in Kirks high school band?

no cheating!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

R.I.P Cliff.

Legend of a bassist! Metallica would never have been the same without the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

no, "the spastic children"? no releases.....maybe bootlegs

Cliff Burton played bass for a band along with a famous lead guitarist prior to metallica...Name the band and guitarist?

bonus point:
    WHo played bass in Kirks high school band?

no cheating!

From mourning a legend to pub quiz.

Wish he had lived and the rest had been squished. He would have made a great jazz bassist.

**Vai** wrote: »
    From mourning a legend to pub quiz.

Wish he had lived and the rest had been squished. He would have made a great jazz bassist.
    it has to be said...he wasn't the tightest of bass players. Legendary musician though. Not near as tight as hetfield.

it has to be said...he wasn't the tightest of bass players.

Thats why I said jazz ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Another one:

What was the name of the band he was in immediately before joining Metallica?

Trauma!!

• Advertisement

Trauma!!

Correct. Quiz over.

Christ havent seen that since the days of vhs. Good call!

Advertisement