Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N7 Newlands Cross when is it going to be upgraded?

• 27-09-2010 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

I know it was planned to be upgraded some time ago but I think when the 2009 budget was approved, they decided to put the project on ice.
    As someone who uses the intersection every day (morning and evening), I must say that it is a no brainer to upgrade the M50 and Red Cow Roundabout but leave Newlands Cross intact!
    Come 4.30 PM traffic tails from RCR to NLX and it takes often at least 15 min to clear this section of the road. Mornings are the same.
    Does anybody know if there are any plans to upgrade this section of the road. I think the actual intersection in NLX is the 'only' one in need of a major overhaul as the road to and from NLX has already been upgraded.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Contract likely to be awarded in the coming weeks, work likely to start after Christmas. Flyover for the N7 is going to be built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Construction is due to start sometime next year probably Q1 or Q2 once contracts are signed with the final consortia. See here for the whole list of PPP's scheduled:

http://www.nra.ie/Publications/DownloadableDocumentation/PublicPrivatePartnership/file,16119,en.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

more bad traffic for months to look forward to :P although to be fair, they didn't do too bad a job with the Red cow traffic flow wise...granted I had no idea where I was going from one day to the next as it changed so often, but delays weren't as bad as I had expected! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Thread moved: C&T > Roads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Thread locked.

For more see this thread:

N7 - Newlands Cross Upgrade

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement