Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House Electrical Spec

Options
  • 27-09-2010 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to put together a document to give to electricians to price a new house wiring. Any advice on what is needed beyond the basic lights and sockets?

I have gone room by room and done No. of lights and no. of sockets and am wondering what is next?

The house will be heated with UFH and I know I need stats in each room. Should I be detailing what type of stats? Does that include make/model?
    What about heating controls? Again I would appreciate any advice.

Do I need wired network cables for internet etc? And how do you spec that?

Its a 4 bed house, I have 2 kids (age 2 and 1) so I would like to think to the future. Should I add network points and TV points in their rooms...or will all that be obselete and wireless in the next 5 years.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

home runs of cat5 or cat6 for network-simple enough
    'separate' from mains cabling

usually what i see spec'd for ufh is set-point stats -5 core -flex
    you might have a mix of 'programmable' and 'set-point' if it's an oil boiler
    but you'd need to be consulting on that with the people doing the job

i normally get a wiring diagram supplied for these jobs-but they're all fairly similar

Advertisement