Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(US) Dexter Season 5 Episode 1 - "My Bad" (SPOILERS WITHIN)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

Great stuff, didn't notice it dragging one bit.

Loved the references to Six Feet Under too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Just watched it there, thought it was a brilliant episode. Don't understand why people are saying it was a bit slow as a criticism. Would have just been forced, clunky and pretty odd to go into a high tempo action episode. The flashbacks were also a very good touch, showing him blowing off Rita on their first date to go murder someone. Great performances all round, brings some closure to the last series after the cliffhanger and sets up the new series brilliantly.

As for Deb hooking up with Quinn, well it happens. She wouldn't be the first girl to hook up with someone in a situation like that, after a death or in a time of grief or crises, not by a long way, it's fairly common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

strobe wrote: »
    Just watched it there, thought it was a brilliant episode. Don't understand why people are saying it was a bit slow as a criticism. Would have just been forced, clunky and pretty odd to go into a high tempo action episode. The flashbacks were also a very good touch, showing him blowing off Rita on their first date to go murder someone. Great performances all round, brings some closure to the last series after the cliffhanger and sets up the new series brilliantly.

As for Deb hooking up with Quinn, well it happens. She wouldn't be the first girl to hook up with someone in a situation like that, after a death or in a time of grief or crises, not by a long way, it's fairly common.

You stole my thoughts you bastard! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

strobe wrote: »

True, but right after cleaning an entire room that was covered in her sister-in-law's blood!?! Ca'monnnnnn!

I thought it was very "meh", as all of Dexter's season openers have been. I was ready to quit this show after the abysmal 3rd season but John Lithgow saved it for me in the 4th.

I'm interested to see what happens this season but I won't hang around if there's more filler and stupid love sub-plots. Dexter is on the map now from the Feds and Quinn, it needs to focus on that as well as how he's going to cope without Rita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Duggy747 wrote: »
    True, but right after cleaning an entire room that was covered in her sister-in-law's blood!?! Ca'monnn!

Plus the fact that Lundy, whom she loved, was murdered only weeks before. Plus the fact that Christine, for whom Quinn definitely had feelings, shot herself only three days before. It was outlandish.

But the episode itself was the best season opener since season one I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,900 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Speaking of which.. I thought it was Lundy for a second in the coffin when Dexter was looking at the funeral in the funeral home.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

basquille wrote: »
    Decent episode. Season openers (especially one dealing with someone like this) are never gonna be amazing and full of action.

Didn't find it slow - well, no more than 'Dexter' is usually. Don't get me wrong, I love the show... but it has a slow pace more often that not.
    I'd have to disagree with you there boss! I think Dexter's season arcs are complete crescendos, moreso than most shows! The first few episodes will be nice and slow but come episode 5 and beyond, it flies along!

Just went to watch the episode again and turned it off, I think my love of the show and eagerness to see what happened next kept me enthralled, but taking a step back and watching it without tension made me realise that was one intensely upsetting episode, maybe more than the season finale :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Great episode. Good to have the momentum from the previous season still carrying it along. Previous season openers took a good bit more patience as they set up a new storyline for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Furet wrote: »
    1) Deb jumping on Quinn after mopping up Rita's blood. Quite simply ridiculous in my opinion and clearly an attempt by the writers to insert a gaudy sub-plot.

I have to agree with that.

When I watched her kiss Quinn I took off my glasses so I could put my head in my hand. Then I noticed her take off her tank top and my glasses returned very quickly to my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Furet wrote: »
    1) Deb jumping on Quinn after mopping up Rita's blood.

There was absolutely no sense in this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is on Showtime afterall. They had not reached their riding quota.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

I was alright with the grief-ride, it's Deb in fairness. Anton, gym-guy, Rudy, Lundy, she has a history of bed-hopping! She was upset, Quinn was comforting her, I didn't think it was that big a leap for her character.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Deb is a bit of a slut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

laugh wrote: »
    Deb is a bit of a slut.

she does like to get the leg over

but i think it was to give quinn some relevant part in this season along with his ''interest'' in dex

Advertisement