Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pasta Salad?

Options
  • 27-09-2010 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

I often find myself spending large sums of money on small tubs of pasta salad so was hoping to make my own.

Anyone care to share their recipes?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

My favourite is good pesto, pine nuts and freshly grated parmesean.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

It's quite easy make it up, which is great if you're making it up for your next days lunch - As above, get some good pesto and pine nuts, grab a few cherry tomatos, some black pepper and olive oil - Feel free to pick and mix with your ingredients, mozarella, feta, olives, roast chicken,ground garlic, sundried tomatos etc. Serve with rocket and/or basil leaves :)

I'll usually use brown pasta in it - usually farfalle, riatone, penne or rotini - Or some mixture of it.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

the auld favourite, pasta tuna salad

Mix your tuna with corn, tomatoes, scallions or whatver you want bung into the pasta and mix with mayo/curried mayo/chilli mayo etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I like to make a smoked salmon tagliatelle myself. Again I use cherry tomatoes,anchoves,home made marie rose sauce with a dash of lemon juice and usually some soda bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

olaola wrote: »

If you're feeling very flathuleach you can throw some baby spinach leaves in with that too.

• Advertisement

olaola wrote: »

and some baby spinach leaves :)

Also my mam makes tuna pasta and I love it. Tuna, sweetcorn, apple, and mayonnaise all mixed in with the pasta, unfortunately it's not the healthiest but I just use the hellmans extra light.

and another not so healthy one is chicken, mayonnaise, cherry tomatoes (inside scooped out) and fresh basil. Just as nice as the M&S equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Bacon lardons or rashers snipped up, peppers, sweetcorn, onion, cherry tomatoes, some fresh herbs, wholemeal pasta, and lashings of thousand island dressing!

Or baby potatoes halved and fryed, mixed with apple celery and walnuts, and mayo, oh god i'm hungry now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 sharonl

chopped scallions, peppers, sweetcorn, tin of mixed beans/chickpeas, freshly torn basil, pasta swirls and a good dollop of mayo, pinch of salt and course ground black pepper and mix it all together. yum!:D

Advertisement