Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from Eircom to who???

• 27-09-2010 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

I must declare that I struggle with using an ordinary telephone and I don't really understand the internet. I do understand that I am being shafted every two months for Eircom broadband, line rental + vat in excess of €120!!! Friends tell me they have mobile broadband for €20 per month.

I am tempted to disconnect from Eircom. The big concern is that my young lad plays online with his X-Box and would be devestated if this were removed. If I go with this cheaper option, does this mean no telephone calls are included?

Is there a third option, which will give me internet, X-Box, a few phone calls? All without me feeling screwed by the provider??? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭token56

I'd recommend looking at UPC, they offer packages for just phone and broadband and are considerably cheaper than Eircom imo. I'm not exactly sure how their phone package works as I only have their broadband and tv, but I'd say your best bet would be to ring them, explain to them what you want and ask them to give you a full breakdown of the cost involved for whatever deal they offer, like installation charges, line rental etc, and phone charges just so you know. Overall you should be able to get a much better deal with them than Eircom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

Vodafone (formerly BTIreland) offer the same service as eircom for less. We have had a little trouble with them since they took over from BT but its a problem we wouldnt have if we were new customers so wouldnt affect you. However if UPC is available in your area (it isnt in ours) I would go with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

This is what I did about 2yrs ago & never looked back,...get UPC broadband installed,..the fastast package within your budget,..use a VOIP service such as blueface for your phone service as it works using your internet connection €149 per year for all your landline calls to Ireland/UK & there are other packages & are far cheaper than the UPC phone service,..finally get rid of eircom.

Advertisement