Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual Office/Call answering

Options
  • 27-09-2010 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience with the virtual office companies in Galway. At the moment there seem to be just two, Sirius and Level One? I'm interested in experiences with the call answering service. Anyone used these, are they professional and sound professional on the other end of the phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Aren't they run by the same guy, Ronan Rooney?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

soundbyte wrote: »
    Aren't they run by the same guy, Ronan Rooney?

I think the sirius one is his, the other is someone else AFAIK - big difference in price as well :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

These guys were recommended to me recently - http://www.kbell.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

There is a third option for virtual office, ereceptionist . You must answer your own calls though and voicemails come in by email attachment if you don't.

https://www.ereceptionist.co.uk/phone-number?

It was developed in Galway out in YAC ...but you supply the human to answer the calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There are at least two others: Tara Rock 7 and Grey Office Park. And I think that Galway Technology Centre operates that service too, but I'm not sure if they sell it to just anyone.

I've temped as a receptionist in one of the companies named. Not saying which one :cool: (but I'd happily do more hours there, it's a good place to work).

IMHO it sounded professional when I answered the phone: the system was set up so I knew what company the call was for. When I started I got a good briefing about what the abbreviations in the phone meant, and after that I made sure I found out about the current tenants each time I arrived. My impression was that the other staff (all permanent) were very professional about their jobs - though of course I was only there when they weren't.

There were some interesting verbal gymnastics with calls from former tenants, or from members of the public who'd hit re-dial on the phone but had no idea what company they were trying to call: I'd be trying really hard not to admit I was anything except the company's "regular receptionist", while digging for any clues about what the caller was after. Occasionally I had to admit it was a shared service though.

A lot depends on the briefing that the (virtual) tenant gives the company I think: if they have good notes about what messages you want given to callers, they can do the job.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the other suggestions, i hadn't realised there were more companies around offering the service. The place i'm with chopped and changed a lot on the people answering the phone which didn't help maintain the impression of it being a secretary sitting in your office answering your phone :rolleyes: They're finishing up shortly, hence the search for something similar but better

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pzer

Hennybug wrote: »
    I think the sirius one is his, the other is someone else AFAIK - big difference in price as well :p

tis all the one family for those 2 places

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Do you have time to take the calls? Set up Skype on your mobile phone and buy an 091 number from them, thats what I did.

pzer noted, turns out the prices are the same once they got back to me "to clarify" :rolleyes:

Shanley, i have a physical office but need the call answering since i'd be tied up a good bit or out and about. In my business an answering machine/divert to mobile doesn't sound professional enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

pzer wrote: »
    tis all the one family for those 2 places

and more so the Dooleys than Ronan Rooney afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Hennybug wrote: »
    pzer noted, turns out the prices are the same once they got back to me "to clarify" :rolleyes:

Shanley, i have a physical office but need the call answering since i'd be tied up a good bit or out and about. In my business an answering machine/divert to mobile doesn't sound professional enough.

I tried Kendelbell a few years ago and found them good.

I think they're a US company but it's an Irish franchisee who runs it here.

Advertisement