Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuter Parking in Athlone

Options
  • 27-09-2010 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Morning all!

I have to be in Galway for a work meeting tomorrow and as a new driver I dont want to drive to Galway city. I was thinking instead that I coudl drive to Athlone and get a train/bus from there.
    The carpark at the train station is quite small I always thought so Im just wondering if I was there around 9am tomorrow morning would there still be parking spaces? If so would I be able to leave it there until 6pm in the evening?And if not where could I leave my car for the day?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

You can park at the train station for the day i think its only something like €2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

there's also the option of parking in Golden Island car park, they seem to have gotten rid of the clampers, so free all day parking. However, it is a bit of a walk from the station. As athlonelad said, it's about 2 euro for the day. (I actually thought it was more, but you can't really complain with that price).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

I'd be surprised at €2 for the day. The Fair Green across the road is more expensive. If it was me, I would come into Athlone off the bypass onto the Coosan Road. There are some residential roads near the station where a car can be parked for free all day.
    That being said I was parked in an estate off the Ballymahon Road recently and was criticised by some householders for parking outside their house, notwithstanding the fact of it being a public road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

If random strangers started parking down my road taking up all the spaces, I'd be annoyed about it too, especially if you were parked outside my house :P. Also I'd be weary about pissing off the locals of that road, you'll find your car scratched, it only takes one disgruntled asshole to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 uSmellLikeSoup

I think Golden Island is your best bet, its about an 8 minute walk to the station from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement