Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pushing my boundaries and making my physio rich...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Vagga's European Tour 2012 is taking shape :)

Got into Berlin Marathon 2012..

Paris in April and now Berlin in September!

Great stuff, the €60 entries (10,000) were all gone within 24hrs. Thankfully i got one! I'll be booking this hotel, one I have my new Credit Card. Ideal, cheapish and about 500m from the start/finish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Booked that same hotel - good stuff...

Should book something for Paris now :)

The very beginnings of taper madness are showing, not quite blind panic, but some irrational fears coming to surface :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Booked that same hotel - good stuff...

Should book something for Paris now :)

The very beginnings of taper madness are showing, not quite blind panic, but some irrational fears coming to surface :D

It gets worse before it gets better, I hear, I wouldn't know.....:o

Last Night:
    Very easy 3 miles or so after work - no garmin

This Morning:
    Garmin took over a mile to calibrate :mad:

Did just over 4 miles in just under 40 mins

Can really understand how some people go mad and start doing long runs this week - Im not, and know why I should now - but out running this morning a voice in my head was telling me to keep running when I was turning for home after "only" 3 miles odd. Do voices in your head count under the banner of taper madness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Tapper madness as truly swallowed you up and spit you back out.

Dont do no more than 7 miles, you have your long run in.

I did 12 miles on sunday and 7 tonight with 3 at PMP. Maybe sat i do a easy 3 and maybe not if i am out walking

• Advertisement

Do voices in your head count under the banner of taper madness :pac:

When you convince yourself that you've made a mess of training, gone too hard in taper, wonder how you you'll get to the finish line and contemplate not running at all because 'what's the point?', then you're fully wrapped in taper madness! Oh yes I almost forgot..... you're also.......ready! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Mr Slow wrote: »
    When you convince yourself that you've made a mess of training, gone too hard in taper, wonder how you you'll get to the finish line and contemplate not running at all because 'what's the point?', then you're fully wrapped in taper madness! Oh yes I almost forgot..... you're also.......ready! :pac:

Check, check, check...all of the above. What is the point of running 26.2 miles?! Seriously like?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

claralara wrote: »
    Check, check, check...all of the above. What is the point of running 26.2 miles?! Seriously like?!

Jaybus, get back to work..... Your new job is my pension :eek:

I am totally lost interest in this race, no excitment or anything!!

At the stage where i am asking myself why?

Wait till i get to the start line and be, can we go yet!!:D

Wait till i get to the start line and be, can we go yet!!:D

I've a contact that's walking it and he wanted to know if he had to turn up at a specific time or could he do it off his own bat?!

• Advertisement

Two years ago i had a friend who is speed walker doing it and i was racing him.

I did 3.47 and he did 3.50!!

Of course Heffernean went by us all but got loads of abuse:D

Two years ago i had a friend who is speed walker doing it and i was racing him.

I did 3.47 and he did 3.50!!

Of course Heffernean went by us all but got loads of abuse:D

Some lad passed me speed walking in Cork, I did 3:43, he must have done 3:3x!

I'm a fully blown victim of taper madness! I thought I had skipped it, but alas no.
    1. I think I have 3 or 4 injuries which have appeared out of thin air..
    2. I don't think I'm capable of doing what I know I'm capable of doing in the race itself
    3. I have enough pasta related products in the house for the entire US Army, so I may be 20 stone again the next time you see me :)
    4. Last night I was nervous to the point of outright terror, but could not have told you why..
    5. Awake at 5am this morning, and the first thing I did was reach over and get phone, launch cool little race pace app, and check [for 654654654654th time, what pace I should be doing]
    I had utterly forgot about the expo, and was going to lock myself in my gaff for the weekend, until I saw an exchange on twitter between two fine folks from these parts - so good thing I got a new phone after last one was destroyed in the flood, and was playing with it last night. So looking forward to spending millions of euro on crap I dont need at that!!

Im a smart and rational person, so I know this is race related and temporary - but still crazy!

On the plus side, I went over my fundraising goal last night, with money still to come in, so have a warm fuzzy feeling about that :)

[Im busy in work today, so unfortunately, any trolling will have no effect as I wont get to check this page again until tonight :P]

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Come out for 5 or 6 nice pints with us on Sunday night, settle your nerves.

I'm a fully blown victim of taper madness! I thought I had skipped it, but alas no.
    1. I think I have 3 or 4 injuries which have appeared out of thin air..
    2. I don't think I'm capable of doing what I know I'm capable of doing in the race itself
    3. I have enough pasta related products in the house for the entire US Army, so I may be 20 stone again the next time you see me :)
    4. Last night I was nervous to the point of outright terror, but could not have told you why..
    5. Awake at 5am this morning, and the first thing I did was reach over and get phone, launch cool little race pace app, and check [for 654654654654th time, what pace I should be doing]
    I had utterly forgot about the expo, and was going to lock myself in my gaff for the weekend, until I saw an exchange on twitter between two fine folks from these parts - so good thing I got a new phone after last one was destroyed in the flood, and was playing with it last night. So looking forward to spending millions of euro on crap I dont need at that!!

Im a smart and rational person, so I know this is race related and temporary - but still crazy!

On the plus side, I went over my fundraising goal last night, with money still to come in, so have a warm fuzzy feeling about that :)

[Im busy in work today, so unfortunately, any trolling will have no effect as I wont get to check this page again until tonight :P]

You'll do a 1,000 yard stare on the Start line on Monday but by the time you leave the park you'll feel fitter and stronger than you ever have.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You're welcome. Don't forget to bring your credit card to the expo!

You're welcome. Don't forget to bring your credit card to the expo!

Why does mama need a new pair of shoes? :pac:

Did not do short Thursday run, or any others. A combo of taper madness and being really busy with new job and other life stuff...

Means I won't pass 1000 miles for year during marathon - ah well.

Did expo earlier, met Brian, rk and meno- bought some stuff and home for pasta and more pasta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Did expo earlier, met Brian, rk and meno- bought some stuff and home for pasta and more pasta :)

Not too much pasta and more pasta. Dont want to have to make a gingerbread stop along the way. Best of luck with tomorrow.

Best of luck having your cherry popped tomorrow Vagga, you've tons of miles in the legs and it will be a breeze for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Means I won't pass 1000 miles for year during marathon - ah well.

Tack a couple of miles on to the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

RayCun wrote: »
    Tack a couple of miles on to the end!

And a few at the start. The pacers have been told that we are jogging up to the startline from the Conrad. Looks like Brian will be doing his first Ultra :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

good luck tomorrow, enjoy the good race!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Best of luck tomorrow Vagga. I'm sure I'll see you somewhere along the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kqcregg

Good luck tomorrow Vagga. Long time follower of your tread, first time poster. You are an inspiration for the rest of use beginner runners, so enjoy the fruits of your hard work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I just saw this on the DCM website.......

~~ WARNING - ALL OTHER RUNNERS - BEWARE OF VAGGA'S FEET ~~ :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Good to meet you tonight, have a good race tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Best of luck tomorrow :)

Met some quality people for dinner last night, carbing it up!

8 hours sleep last night - score...

Wide awake at 6am, a bit too early - boo!

Cant wait, 9 or 10 months of training all comes down to this morning :eek:

My biggest worry now is that my number is blue [3rd pen] [seriously, what was I thinking!!] and I hope some idiot does not stop me getting into 2nd pen - but Im sure that will be grand...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Pasta for brekkie Vagster?! ; )

Advertisement