Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pushing my boundaries and making my physio rich...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Went for new toys this morning and I am very impressed, a nice cushioned ride, and no pain or issues at all

just over 30 mins - breaking in and testing

but dont tell herself or I will be shot :pac:

:D:p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Back from holidays this morning. Only ran once on holidays, 5 miles around the UN World Heritage site of Ubeda no less :)

But my left leg was in utter bits after that run, and also from all the cobble stones in the small towns I was in. [I think that, as when we got back to modern towns, I was fine].

Im miles and miles behind on my training for Paris - thinking seriously of pulling the plug and just going over on the piss instead - will see what physio says I think, as my new insoles are in, so I have to pay a visit anyway.

Five 12 hour days in work last week after coming back from holidays so never collected new insoles as u simply did not have time - foot sore most of week between one thing or another..

Just did 5k in 29 mins, foot sore after couple of k - but got no worse in rest of run.

I hate being injured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

That sucks vagga, hope it rights itself soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I hate being injured

I feel for you dude!

• Advertisement

Bike left at work on Friday as I was too tired to cycle home..

So ran to work this morning, dodgy foot/ankle and all.

5.5k in 30 mins odd

Mad/Stupid, but feckit - Man Suit well zipped up :)

11 totally pain free km's in just over an hour

Starting to break in orthotics around work and my foot and ankle are magically perfect all of a sudden, after weeks of near constant pain - hoping its not a false dawn :)

Random - but my fantastic Central Dublin based employers are always looking for PM's, good developers [Dot Net] and good technical QA's - should you or anyone you know be looking for a change.

PM for info :)

Had running stuff in work to go for tomorrow lunch - but plans tonight got moved back a couple of hours so did the run tonight.

Just under 10k in 55 mins - thru town and home via killmainham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Hi Vagga, are you round Sunday at 10 am for a run in the Park by any chance? Saturday might be mobbed with the 5k on in the Park.

• Advertisement

Sunday is fine for LSR - will do shorter run saturday somewhere else

12 k in 1.10 odd...

Phoenix park nice and early before OT 5k madness. Great day out. A lot of Lycra on show there today, but good to see folks of all ages, shapes and sizes out running all the same :)

20k in just under 2 hours in and around the park with Chenquetti, Shels, Mr Slow and Sunflower Ro

Its all about getting time on my feet and getting back into it, so a 2 hour run was just what doctor ordered. The pace was also a fraction faster than I have been going of late, so in that regard it was a brilliant training session.

Wore the new Kaynao 18's for first time on long run [having used them a lot for shorter runs]. All good, no problems with foot or leg.

Entered Bothermeen Meath Spring Half Marathon Sunday 4th as a training run - as my plans to get to Kinvara have fallen apart.

7k in just under 42 minutes odd :)

Recovery type run, but as always, unless Im thinking and working hard on slowing down I start speeding up :)

Feeling good, feet getting used to new orthotics on these shorter runs - the soles of feet are not all that impressed, but they will have to get used to it :)

11k last night in just over an hour - around by rathmines, dropping well, milltown, donnybrook and home

9k in 53 mins odd

Missed run yeaterstay due to work so went out and did it tonight. Totally not in mood, but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do :)

24k in 2 Hours 20 odd...

LSR in the Park with boards gang. Feeling good, so did a few K more than I had planned at the end to bring things close to 15 miles for the run, almost sorry I did not hang about with the folks in the park and do a few more miles as I was feeling fine.

9k in around an hour - long and slow recovery run.

Wanted to hit 60k for week, so went further than I should have for recovery run - but who cares! Well earned day off tomorrow :)

Very happy with that weeks training for second week back into it!

Plan for Week:

Mon: Rest
    Tues: 12k
    Wed: 16k [depending on a few things, could do more or less tbh]
    Thurs: 10k
    Fri: Rest
    Sat: Light 5 or 6k
    Sun : Meath Half - A training run tbh, first race since DCM, aim for 1.55 odd

• Advertisement

10k in just under an hour

Oops mixed up plan for Thurs and Day, ah well :)

An outstanding 19k morning mid-week LSR with Micilin Muc in just short of 2 hours.

A new route for me, from GF's, down canal, and out to the poolbeg lighthouse and back. Great company makes things go quicker too..

I loved it and it was a brilliant route I will be taking again - the happy buzz Im on now is exactly why I run :)

just over 10k in 57 minutes odd..

Amazing morning out, like July or August or something, as a result I was going to fast on what should have been a slow and steady run, 1st world problems :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Looks like you're back Mister, what's the goal for Mallow?

Yesterday - 6k easy in just over half an hour [woke early and ran without garmin or phone, so numbers rough].

Bit of a triathlon day, as I was cycling all over the shop visting family and doing stuff, and went for a swim at the gym in the evening :)

Meath half today, a training run for me but first outing since DCM :)

Meath Half in 1.46.45

2 mins off a PB, from 3 weeks odd proper training, you cant ask a lot more than that. Very happy indeed.

Day started badly, got collected by Chinquetti, and all was good. But they had no record of my registration [Nasty email to run ireland will follow this report], so had to get a bailout from him, which was a fraction embarrassing.

Plan was to use this as a training run and go around in 5.30 min/km's - honest. But went off way to fast, and felt great, so kept at it and changed my mind and said feckit, lets go for it and do it as an old fashioned "run till you fall over".

Went thru 5k in 24 mins odd, and was starting to suffer a small bit. So I slowed a fraction, with a view to not burning out or getting injured or anything and still getting around in a good time. But I was going 7.30/7.40 min miles which I have not done since August or something - which is good :cool:

At about 5 miles the damn pesky left food problem came back and was at me for a lot of the rest of the race. Interestingly, if I was running near the roadside it was killing me, but running in the middle of the road it was much less painful. But a worry with Paris in mind.

But I was going around 8.05/8.10 min miles now and was basically at the pace for the rest of the race [bar one slow mile near the end when I made a mess of the last water station].

Was going to slow down for the last mile or two, knowing i would get in under 1.50, and it started hail stoning, so sped up a bit - to get out of it as soon as possible!

Shattered at the end, and my left ankle is a bit sore - but very happy with it for a days work.

A pretty good race, really prefer these local races to commercial ones - soup and buns at the end were great :)

Don't worry Vagga, i won't let you forget it :D:D:D

Again, good going on little training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Well done vagga, great run.

Spag bol...I'd comment on yours being a great run also but alas no log :D

Thats grand Shaz and thanks, just use anyone else's log and i'll find it in time;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Super time there J with so little training. Thanks for the water at mile 4, they sure made a mess at that water table.

Advertisement