Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pushing my boundaries and making my physio rich...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Interestingly, if I was running near the roadside it was killing me, but running in the middle of the road it was much less painful.

was it the camber?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Great time considering your lack of training. Noticed somebody wearing a boards top coming down the finishing straight about 5 mins after I finished and looking at your time I'm wondering was it you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Well done Vagga, great run after recovering from injury. Good to see you out there, it was no bothr to you (from what I could see from the back) haha. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Noticed somebody wearing a boards top coming down the finishing straight about 5 mins after I finished and looking at your time I'm wondering was it you?
    Pretty sure it must have been, as I did not see any other boards tops out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Well done. Keep moving forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Well done! Great race, nice confidence boost after coming back from injury. Hope the foot isn't too bad this morning, and stays ok for Paris training.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Paris Smaris, he all but committed to Limerick the other night!:P

9.5k in 57 mins odd

Took couple of days off after Meath, legs were in rag order and had some man flu.

19.5k in just under 2 hours with Micilin Muc

Same route as the morning mid-week LSR last week, rathmines out to Poolbeg light house and back. Fantastic morning for it, really is a beautiful run.

Legs still have Sundays run in them, even with 2 days rest [my short burst of man flu cant have helped recovery I guess], so Im going to take a day off tomorrow [3 in one week :eek:] with an eye on the 20 miler at the weekend.

Somone is messing with 1000 Mile spreadsheet and keeps deleting people from it, so I going to stop using that and track here..

Year to Date : 332 km [209 miles]

• Advertisement

I have a funeral to attend in the morning, so went out and did my LSR today and very short notice [and next to no preparation!]

Did 31k on my own in 3 hours and 7 min odd - I was never someone to run around the car park to get up to a magic number, so happy with 19.whatever miles :)

Its never that fun to do the really long LSR's on your own, so glad to get it done and dusted. [Also with no pain at all, bar the expected heavy legs at the end]

Year to Date : 362 km

9 sluggish, morning km's in 54 mins

Very hard to drag ass out of bed, legs still a bit heavy from weekend 20. But good to get it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done in the half Vagga :)

And the lone LSR - apologies we were all over the shop making plans last weekend.

12k in 1 Hour and 10 Mins odd

Run into work, missed run yesterday due to crazy work day - so have to get run in where I can

6k in 35 mins odd - run home from work :)

that brings up 400 km's in year to date

In west cork for weekend, 16.5 very hilly km's in 90 mins on nose before everyone woke up yesterday!

Very hard work but excellent training (can't wait to see elevation numbers on garmin)

First - Saturdays run had 364 meters of climbing [and 264 of descent!] - which is the most climbing meters of any run on my Garmin ever [Athlone 3/4 was 202 and Conn Half 218, one random Phoenix park run just topped them!]

A fantastic training session, and one I will do again :)

Second - That was still very much in the legs this morning at Mallow..

Been in West Cork for a few days, so did not travel down with boards gang, but met them all down there.

Did a very short and slow warm up, and the legs were like lead! Goal was sub-80 mins, and was going to go with the pacers. Bit I started too quickly [*gasp* for a change!] so never saw the 80 min pacers for a single second.

Ran pretty even pace over the race, but after 3 or 4 miles I was feeling pretty tired and rough, but stood with it. [Besides the fact I was in the middle of the cork countryside, so how else was I getting back to town if I did not run.:pac:

Around this 3 to 4 mile mark I saw RQ about 100m ahead of me, and there she remained for the rest of the race. When I slowed a bit so did she, and when I picked up pace near the end so did she :mad:

I was really tired near the end, but not spent, so everything except my legs could have kept going no problems - but alas my legs were in pain [again, tired pain, not injury pain]

Anyway, a great race, the course was a fraction harder than I was lead to believe [dont get me wrong, not too bad at all, but reading the boards about it, it sounded like 1 hill near the start and all flat or downhill from there!]

Anyway, finished in 1.17.15 - and I was very happy indeed with that. Its the first 10 mile race I have done believe it or not [where I have done 7 or 8 half's], so a PB by default :)

A handy week this week, with peak training milage for Paris :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Around this 3 to 4 mile mark I saw RQ about 100m ahead of me, and there she remained for the rest of the race. When I slowed a bit so did she, and when I picked up pace near the end so did she :mad:

Eyes in the back of my head.:)

Well done, good run after the hilly run you did on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

First - Saturdays run had 364 meters of climbing

A fantastic training session, and one I will do again :)
    Wahay, you're converted!

Good job on the 10-miler!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Nice running vagga - in good form for Paris by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done J, great time. And yes you're right, much tougher course than we were led to believe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

No it wasn't :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

jcsmum wrote: »
    Well done J, great time. And yes you're right, much tougher course than we were led to believe!!

I didn't think it was that bad :pac:

10k in 60 mins recovery run

15k in 1.25 - around phoenix park and into work

Year to date : 457.5k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done again last weekend. When is Paris? Must be due to welcome taper madness soon?!

Paris is April 15th, so this weekend Im doing a 20, and then tapering off from there.

Not doing as dramatic a taper as I did for Dublin, as I think I did too little in that 3 weeks, learning from that and doing more of a P&D taper with slightly higher milage.

Saturday:
    10k easy in the morning in around an hour - up to Eamon Ceannat Park and around it a few times.

Sunday:
    Quite possibly one of the best training runs ever. 20 miler too..

Ran to Clontarf to meet Meno, Aimann and cunavalos - from there ran the coast road to Howth, and the Martello Tower and back.

Amazing weather, great company :)

Miles 16-19 [8.30-8.40 min/mi] were somewhat close to marathon pace and we did a crazy last fast mile [7.39 min mile]

This week : 83k
    Year to date: 499.5k

Ridiculous looking irish flag running singlet purchased for Paris...

Class is.....oh forget it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Ridiculous looking irish flag running singlet purchased for Paris...

Class is.....oh forget it :pac:
    Oh no... tell me its not the one from irish fit :).. :D

Advertisement