Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pushing my boundaries and making my physio rich...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

8.5k in 47 mins - easy run on a very nice night getting back into things after weekends excesses!

Disorganised at home this morning so left late and therefore had to cut run short.

So "only" 7k in 40 mins

May run home after work, to make up for it - depends on 9 million things going on today at work.

I also hit a number of targets at work and other stuff yesterday, so as a well done to myself I ordered myself a new Garmin! Old one works fine, I just want a new one 'cos.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Disorganised at home this morning so left late and therefore had to cut run short.

So "only" 7k in 40 mins

May run home after work, to make up for it - depends on 9 million things going on today at work.

I also hit a number of targets at work and other stuff yesterday, so as a well done to myself I ordered myself a new Garmin! Old one works fine, I just want a new one 'cos.....

I've been putting it off but will have to bite the bullet, my strap is being held together with one of my daughter's bobbins and the 'Battery Low' warning came on as I crossed the finish line in Limerick after a full charge.

What version did you order?

What version did you order?
    I have also been thinking/talking about getting a new one for ages. I looked at a few models. Came close to getting the 310, and also looked at the 910 - with an eye on the future and maybe messing about with some multi-sport stuff.

But at end of day I'm a runner and that's all I do with Garmin, and the 610 is generally regarded as the best running watch.

So I got a decent price [exchange rate considered] from a site in USA and bit bullet.

So I got a decent price [exchange rate considered] from a site in USA and bit bullet.

Ditto (re biting bullets), just bought the 210, hope it arrives before Cork.

• Advertisement

Problem with my right hip being a bit sore is not going away with self treatment, went to my wonder physio this morning. While pain does not stop me running, your hip having a dull ache 24/7 cant be a good thing.

After 2 mins he informed me that I had stopped doing my core/lower body strengthing work and related exercises. He is of course right, I had indeed stopped these last few months.

So as I have started doing a small bit of speed work I have irritated those muscles. Left alone some sort of more serious injury was down the road.

So a few days off, and going crazy into routine for a few days to build them back up.

Better get it done and sorted now than later #lookingonbrightside

10k run into work in 54 mins and change.

Run into work, utterly fantastic morning here so was bold and went back running earlier than physio told me to - but great morning for it and I will take any consequences :)

16.2km in 1.28

Knew last night I would miss the LSR with boards gang, so thought I would hook up with the club run in the park, but managed to miss them too - so did this run on my own.

Did my favorite Phoenix Park run, and did a huge percentage around the outer wall of the park, on the trails.

11k in 59 mins

Fartlek around regents park as I'm here for the night with work. you know when it's proper hot at 6am its going to be a scorcher!

Breathing a bit laboured as things went on hopefully it's the heat and not anything else...

Zero hip pain or issues so super Physio does the job again :)

Tired, lazy and feeling flat

7k in over 40 mins - every inch a struggle

• Advertisement

4k to get to gf's place to collect something :)

Also testing new 610 - hurray for new toys

Off on a stag to Germany for weekend, so no running for me.

8.5k fartlek home from work in 42 mins or somthing.

Really pushed it to sweat out some of the booze consumed over weekend!!

10.5k in 55 mins

This was supposed to be a midweek LSR with bit of a speed session in middle - but only got 3 hours sleep last night [no particular reason, random bout of insomnia]. So stayed in bed an extra while and cut run short [basically removed entire speed session!] - still good enjoyable run :cool:

only got 3 hours sleep last night

You Stallion! :D

18k in 1.38

Busy day ahead so [very] early morning LSR. A progression run [1st Third Slow, 2nd Third Medium pace and final 3rd medium/fast] - great hard & enjoyable session.

7k in 40 mins

Easy run home from work :)

10k in 52 minutes

Slow first and last k - and middle 8k at tempo effort.

Good, hard & enjoyable run

bah - why cant the world better plan around me and my life :rolleyes:

This Saturday, the 16th - nothing happening in the entire world...

Sunday 17th:
    1) Club Marathon Training Group's first run...
    2) Parkwest 10k
    3) Midsummer St Annes Park 5k

All starting at 11am :(

Would love to do all 3, why cant one of them be on Saturday morning ffs!

bah - why cant the world better plan around me and my life :rolleyes:

This Saturday, the 16th - nothing happening in the entire world...

Sunday 17th:
    1) Club Marathon Training Group's first run...
    2) Parkwest 10k
    3) Midsummer St Annes Park 5k

All starting at 11am :(

Would love to do all 3, why cant one of them be on Saturday morning ffs!

I think the Raheny 5k one was short last time.:)

12k in 1.03

Fartlek/interval session, warm up followed by 6 x 3 mins at around 5 mile pace, with 2 mins recovery in-between - good hard session :)

TBH very hard to hit the right pace at the last two intervals which is a bit of a worry, but thats why we train, right :eek:

• Advertisement

Hosting a dinner party later, so no running last night as I was preparing food into nthe wee small hours watching our national humiliation on TV. So that means no running on Saturday, as I will likley be a hungover mess :cool:

So did my Saturday LSR today before work - 18k in 1.45

Running with Micilin Muc, meeting around the corner from my place [6am :eek:] and doing a lap of the Park. Fun and games in the wind, one sec the wind is behind us and the next stretch we are running in this F1 wind tunnel.

Great to do a run with this someone, a healthy mix of solving the worlds problems and bitching about people like aul wans at a hair dresser :pac:

Im going to meet the club training group on Sunday. There will be other races, and Im focused on Berlin and dont really care about other distances [only as a means to an end, and showing what shape Im in etc]. So would love to get a regular training group of people aiming for a similar time, and that's what clubs are for, init.

Next races, 5 Mile in the Park and Clontarf Half.

21k in 1.55 odd

First meeting of club marathon training group [opted for that over Parkwest] - glad a did, met a great bunch and a number of them are aiming for 3.30 in Dublin, so we will form our own little training group, running similar sessions at similar pace, which is brilliant and just what I was looking for.

Upon seeing Parkwest was short, Im in even better form now!

Both hamstrings tight from yesterdays session and doing 'stuff' for rest of day.

Im Off to London with work for a few nights, more running stuff than work clothes, clearly. A speed session on that track I found last time in regents park is in order :)

Airport security made serious moves to take my 'the stick' off me, telling me it's an offensive weapon! Thankfully one of them knew what it was - otherwise it was gone, phew!

11k in just over 62 mins

Easy morning run around regents park. Had met Brian for the match last night, so had some *ahem* excess liquid to sweat out on a glorious morning in London :)

Edit : It appears that's 1000km for the year broken, yay [or something, I guess!]

12.5k in 65 mins odd

Middle 25 mins at tempo effort (circa 4.35 pace) - did entire tempo effort on the cinder track at regents park for a bit of a change :)

Good enjoyable session - used a garmin training function for first time, putting session onto watch and it letting me know to do stuff (or if I was outside of pace) - very handy indeed!

10k in around 55 mins

Easy run to start the day. Was scheduled to do recovery run yesterday, but was at work dead late. So did it this morning instead.

16k in 90 mins

In west cork for weekend for family thing, so missed dunshaughlin last night :(

10 amazing and hilly miles in west cork, all the more satisfying since I was up far too late and indeed was far too drunk last night - but still got a very hard run done!

7k in 40 mins

Two functions here - recovery run plus excuse to sweat out some of the booze and crap food consumed over weekend :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

In west cork for weekend for family thing, so missed dunshaughlin last night :(

Well you're in the results, looks like you did a good job pacing sub 50 minutes with digger. 49:42 apparently ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

menoscemo wrote: »
    Well you're in the results, looks like you did a good job pacing sub 50 minutes with digger. 49:42 apparently ;)

Jaysus, you'd aged alot since i last saw you though Vagga. :p

Advertisement