Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRTAKON

Options
  • 27-09-2010 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

So like how many of us will be participating in the tourney at said convention hmmmmm???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

i'll definitely be there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

*/me is staying out of this thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Hopefully I'll get time off from Staffing to attend the event, if not I'll be running around hopefully with my DS to battle in any freetime I get. =] I recommend checking out a friend at Artist Alley, she'll be selling Pokemon Keyrings and whatnot. She'll be taking requests till the event as far as I know, but I'll be hopefully getting my Arcanine and Umbreon there. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I'll be competing. I'll be using 2 Eeveelutions and be dressed as a third. Cos I'm awesome :P

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

I'm definately going ^^ I'm not sure if I'm gonna cosplay yet though =/

• Advertisement

mulciber wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'm gonna cosplay yet though =/

Just do it.

If I'm attending the tournament, I may look into fixing up a Gary Oak cosplay quick enough, it'd be entertaining at least. =P

Linoud wrote: »
    If I'm attending the tournament, I may look into fixing up a Gary Oak cosplay quick enough, it'd be entertaining at least. =P

I was thinking as going as professor oak ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Just realised i should probaly go to eirtakon....and noticed the pokemon tourney. Gonna probaly be in dublin anyway....want to get my first tattoo :pac:

I don't really have a team though....hmm *wonders if i could get something decent together within two weeks*

Just realised i should probaly go to eirtakon....and noticed the pokemon tourney. Gonna probaly be in dublin anyway....want to get my first tattoo :pac:

I don't really have a team though....hmm *wonders if i could get something decent together within two weeks*

you could easily get a decent team by then, i just started training a team for my brother(who for some reason decicded yesterday he was not only going to eirtakon but he wanted to enter the tourney too)and im fairly confident i can have a good one done by then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I'll be there, just finished getting a team ready for it this weekend.

less than a week now, can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Man dont even knwo if i can go now so so low on funds :(

So eh, who won the tournament?? I was way to broke to go had to keep money for band practice on Sunday and I didn't even have enough for that. Fail

Edit: Sorry for double post

popzmaster wrote: »
    So eh, who won the tournament?? I was way to broke to go had to keep money for band practice on Sunday and I didn't even have enough for that. Fail

Edit: Sorry for double post

I won the tournament. ^^ It was pretty epic, and the end it was me against this other guy and it was my gyrados against his heatran with trick room up. He attacked me first, took half of my health and I attacked him with waterfall and took 3 quarters of his health. Then, luckily, trick room went away so I attacked with waterfall and won the battle. :)

I got some anime DVDs for winning, yay! ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Well done, mulciber. Sounds like a good match. I got knocked out by the same Heatran.

Also thanks to TheChrisD for running the tournament, it was very enjoyable.

Wobbuffet wrote: »
    Well done, mulciber. Sounds like a good match. I got knocked out by the same Heatran.

Also thanks to TheChrisD for running the tournament, it was very enjoyable.

i got knocked out by the heatran too, maybe i should get one myself

i got knocked out by the heatran too, maybe i should get one myself

I am the Heatran slayer! xD

Ah right, your the guy who got the critical on my Umbreon with your Dragonite. :P Pity I didnt have an ice move, silly me. Wasnt the guy in the final just using metronome over and over? Or did he use self destruct or explosion? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭SandraManson

I'm definitely going! Can't wait to Cosplay as Saya from Blood+. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Is there pokemon stuff at it this year?

just booked my room for the weekend, can't wait for this, 3 pokemon tournaments, gonna be epic :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm going to Eirtakon, but I doubt I'll take part in any pokemon competitions. I don't do the whole EV training thing to put up too much of a challenge :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I really don't want to go to Eirtakon... But want tournament. DILEMMA!

YAY! Thread is relevant again love it when that happens! :D

So whats the craic with the pokemon tournys? rules wise and the likes any info would be greatly appreciated. Altho I get the sneaking suspicion as I type that it may already have happened?

http://eirtakon.com/comps/games

you'll find everything you need there, can't wait for these tournaments, 3 at one convention, awesomes :D

http://eirtakon.com/comps/games

you'll find everything you need there, can't wait for these tournaments, 3 at one convention, awesomes :D

Go raibh mile maith agat, mo chara :)

Urizen wrote: »
    I really don't want to go to Eirtakon... But want tournament. DILEMMA!

You're coming :P

Yea, that ^^

so tournament time is very nearly upon us, how are peoples teams and strategies coming along ?, i believe of i've already got my stuff down with just a few kinks to work out, looking forward to this so much :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Rocket Butch

Denny M wrote: »
    I'm going to Eirtakon, but I doubt I'll take part in any pokemon competitions. I don't do the whole EV training thing to put up too much of a challenge :pac:
    EV training is so 2010. It's all RNGs now.

Advertisement