Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donabate Distributor Road

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,767 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That looks, from the drawing, to be a new underbridge proposed for the railway. Putting an underbridge on a live railway is complex and frighteningly expensive and its only been done a few times in Ireland (Dundalk BP for one)...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Oh for having a relatively straight road and not one designed by land ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

MYOB wrote: »
    That looks, from the drawing, to be a new underbridge proposed for the railway. Putting an underbridge on a live railway is complex and frighteningly expensive and its only been done a few times in Ireland (Dundalk BP for one)...

That's strange when I look at the design documents it's very clear that it's a bridge over the railway and that the proposed span is wide enough to allow for upgrading of the track to quad-track in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Am I right in thinking that some of the current road is going to become a cul de sac ?

If that is so, how would you get into the village with the new road layout ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,767 ✭✭✭✭L1011

dubhthach wrote: »
    That's strange when I look at the design documents it's very clear that it's a bridge over the railway and that the proposed span is wide enough to allow for upgrading of the track to quad-track in the future.

I just looked at the drawing not the documents. Oops.

All bridges built over the Northern line since the 1950s are meant to have been quad track width, GNR(I) even built some as such. Still a long way off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Empire o de Sun

MYOB wrote: »
    I just looked at the drawing not the documents. Oops.

All bridges built over the Northern line since the 1950s are meant to have been quad track width, GNR(I) even built some as such. Still a long way off...

I noticed that too, but it didn't stop IE adding huge concrete on ramps to the existing dart station platforms between Howth Junction and Clontarf Road.

I dunno how they would quad between Howth Junction and Clontarf Road, although it is badly needed. Island platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

So I see this is to get off the ground mid next year and Fingal have committed the funding to it.

The links to the planning docs in the original post no longer function. Has anyone any digital copies kepy by any chance! Haved moved here since this was granted so never got the chance to look at the time.

Tender for archaeological works was up on eTenders recently.

I am also keen to see how they will alter the design to cater for the proposed cycleway from Broadmeadows as I dont think this was catered for in the original design.

I am also keen to see what Annual Average Daily Traffic figures they have to justify what appears to be dual carraigeway tying into the crappy Hearse Road? Edit - maybe not a dualler just a median barrier?!

Advertisement