Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

setting up pedals

• 27-09-2010 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi guys,

When setting up my pedals, i use a wah, distortion, tuner and chorus

These are all battery operated at the mo

What i'm sucious to know is if i don't have an actual board to avoid using batteries do i have to plug each of these in individually with individual adaptors?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

You could get one of these or something similar:

http://www.voodoolab.com/pedalpower_2.htm

great little piece of kit, will power all your pedals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭zafo

Probably alright with daisy chaining the pedals of one power supply too. Which pedals do you use, ie which models?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

youngfella wrote: »
    Hi guys,

When setting up my pedals, i use a wah, distortion, tuner and chorus

These are all battery operated at the mo

What i'm sucious to know is if i don't have an actual board to avoid using batteries do i have to plug each of these in individually with individual adaptors?

cheers

Most pedals a 9Vdc with standard polarity and so a decent quality DC brick would do the job.

Be careful though, some pedals operate at different voltages (MXR108 @18Vdc) or polarities (Muff).

What pedals do you use?
    Also a DC supply is not something to scrimp on. Cheap power supplies make noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

X music sell them for about a 5er. I think they're made by GYC or something like that... Then you just need one plug which goes into the chain and there's 6 or so outputs for your pedals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 youngfella

so i would buy a boss adaptor and then use the gyc to daisychain?

i use a danelectro daddy o overdrive pedal, then boss tuner and chorus and a crybaby wah.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

You only need the GYC chain and a regular 9v plug, or better yet you can get the Roland chain that goes into the other power hole in the top of your chromatic tuner. That's around 15e though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

yeah daisy chain is the cheapist way to go, get the boss 9v adapter a daisy chain and your good to go

u can even get the other typ of daisy chain that plugs into the tuner too and power even more, i used this way for ages till i got a dc brick works fine

Advertisement