Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Order

Options
  • 27-09-2010 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a Camera Bag recently online from a company in the UK. I ordered the bag that was, and still is, advertised on their site but they sent me out a different bag. When I questioned this they said that the one I received was the newer model and that if I didn’t want it to send it back. I then asked who would pay for the postage and got no reply. I asked them again to confirm that they will cover costs for postage and they’ve finally got back to me stating once again that they did send me the correct bag and that I was to contact the manufacturer to confirm this. I replied saying that they did send me the wrong bag and that the contract was not between me and the manufacturer it was between me and them. What annoys the most, is that while the one that they sent me may be the next in line newer model, it’s A) not the one I order, and B) available much cheaper elsewhere online.

Can anybody tell me what my rights are with regards to postage costs considering that they made the mistake?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

it is not what you ordered so you are entitled to return it and the seller should cover postage costs/send a freepost sticker or give a freepost address.

it is not a case of you changing your mind about the item it is that the item is not as described so you are perfectly entitled to reject it and seek a replacement with the correct item or a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah that's what I thought, but they're taking p1ss with their replies. I've had so many back and forths with them at this stage that I'm starting to lose my patience. Whenever I get annoyed with them them they tend to reply straight away but they won't confirm that they'll cover the postage costs, which they should have to. I'm considering emailing the manufacturer with my complaint, maybe that might move it along.

Advertisement