Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumped in Galway City

Options
  • 27-09-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

This little lady was found by the Gardai last night in Westside, Galway.

61810_449686335888_169411475888_5306906_2269327_n.jpg

To the "owner" of this filly: SHAME ON YOU!!

She is only about 8 months old and skin and bones. I got her today via the vet who took her in last night. We've got September and there is still grass everywhere :(.

This winter will be bad.. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

FFS, that is sickening. For every one who is found and taken in by amazing people like you EGAR, how many aren't so lucky and aren't found? How the scumbag who did this and anyone who does this, sleep at night is a mystery to me. As you say, SHAME ON YOU!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭bowsie010

Absolutely Disgraceful :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

The amount of people breeding horses irresponsibly in this country is beyond a joke:mad: Just throw any old mare in a field with any old stallion and Bob's your uncle, another unwanted foal. Yet people are continuing to do this when in the current climate people are giving away quality competition horses for free as they can't afford to keep them and can't get them sold. What chance does the likes of this have when this is going on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I saw some photos in the Irish Times today of a mare who had a ruptured spleen and there was a gash in her side where it had ruptured. It was awful to see. Didn't get to read the article that accompanied the picture yet, but from the title I can gather it's about the horses which are suffering due to the end of the Celtic Tiger.

I know someone who bought a mare recently for next to nothing because they felt so sorry for her. And she's literally turned inside out and now has a certain future because her new owners are going to keep her for the rest of her life.

I fear that so many more animals are going to suffer because of the recession. :(

Advertisement