Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help with my 2year old

• 27-09-2010 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all my 2 year old daughter keeps waking up at night screaming for a yogurt drink to go down stairs anything she can think of i also have twin boys who sleep very well but she has never slept since she was born i just dont know what to do i need sleep please help !!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'd let her scream. I'm a tough love kinda guy but there's no way I'd put up with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 princessmia

hi

thanx for that ive tried that but it dont work ends up i have her screamin an the twins aswell so thats even worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What time of night is she doing it at?

Thaedydal wrote: »
    What time of night is she doing it at?
    all dif times of the night like 2, 4, 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭thebullkf

all dif times of the night like 2, 4, 6

thats not odd...:p

seriously though- the more you give in,the more she'll wake up.
    tough love is the quickest way,and re-inforce the good behaviour the next day with a treat.

• Advertisement

hey ive tryed leave her cry but it just gets worse an then the boys are awake an she screams so much she starts gettin sick im just lost as to what else i can do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Did you see the documentary a few weeks ago called 'Who Knows Best? - Can't Sleep Kids'? It showed the approaches of 2 experts in helping 2 different families to help their children to sleep through the night.

I just had a look on channel 4 On Demand and although it isn't available on the internet, they are broadcasting it again on Fri 01 Oct, 2.40AM on Channel 4. It might be worth a watch as you might get some helpful information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭thebullkf

whats her problem.

is it: the dark. ?

too cold/hot.

sleeping too much during the dayand just isn't tired??

clothes too tight,too loose?

clothes itching/irritating her?

get her asleep outside the room first,then put her down.

hope this helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

Did you see the documentary a few weeks ago called 'Who Knows Best? - Can't Sleep Kids'? It showed the approaches of 2 experts in helping 2 different families to help their children to sleep through the night.

I just had a look on channel 4 On Demand and although it isn't available on the internet, they are broadcasting it again on Fri 01 Oct, 2.40AM on Channel 4. It might be worth a watch as you might get some helpful information.

and u will probably be up lol sorry!

i most def will watch this thanx so much for that

i will try tonite with maybe a dif blanket see if it makes any dif

hahaha yeah i prob will be up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Bath Bottle Bed always worked on ours, although I think if she thinks that she'll now get your full attention at these times its going to be hard to break, the only way is too let her cry it out. I'd start giving her water during the night and then lead up to a weekend where you don't answer her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I think at this stage the tough love approach is the only thing that will work. She knows you're going to give in for a quiet life and not to wake the twins so let her cry it out, give her water (you said she wants a yoghurt drink the water is something she doesn't want) and she'll probably get fed up with it and give in after a few nights and sleep.

thanx jjjjnr the trouble is not gettin her to sleep its problem its at all hours she will wake screamin for stuff an just will not go back asleep she is off her bottles day and night she is off soothers an she is potty trained day and night this is her only problem its really gettin to me as in the mornings i feel so tired an have her twin brothers to take care of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Actually Bath bottle etc didn't work on ours now that I remember back.. Jezz. it was the whiskey ! joking... I'd say she's in competition mode now with the twins so you only have three options:

1. Let her cry it out.
    2. Pick her up and you can cry it out.
    3. Put some special time aside for her and her only during the day.

hahahaha jjjjnr dont tempt me....... well today ive clean out her whole room ive opened the window made it all nice and fresh i gave her a bath early we baked some cakes and all and i have been telling her all day that she is a big girl and she has to stay in her own bed that she can have a yogurt b4 bed and a drink but she is to stay in bed tonite and then she can go to smyths next week...... the boys are so good 1s they have food they are great lol they jus play away with each other she has my attention anytime she wants and we always do things 2geta.... i jus hope tonight we get a full night sleep or i will go off my head

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TashaMonster

Dying to know how it went, Did she sleep?? Hope it's all improved for you and ye're all getting a good nights sleep :)

Advertisement