Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assos Gloves

• 27-09-2010 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

does anyone out there have any of the Assos winter gloves? I'm looking to get an idea of fit.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Assos_Early_Winter_851_Winter_Cycling_Gloves/5360031013/

I usually take a large/extra large in gloves, and the Assos size guide lists them as so...

L: 23cm
    XL: 24cm
    XLG: 26cm

which describes the circumference of the hand.

So I guess I'm just wondering are they tight fitting or if anyone has any opinions on them.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You can try some XLG ones on this evening if you wish;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Wow as gloves go they're pretty pricey, currently on the market also for some winter gloves as it was rather nippy Sat morning on the fingers. Won't be spending anywhere near that money though even if they do look the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭markcroninbsc

Wow as gloves go they're pretty pricey, currently on the market also for some winter gloves as it was rather nippy Sat morning on the fingers. Won't be spending anywhere near that money though even if they do look the business.

get any old cheap pair of gloves then get these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24521 things for the really cold weather. i had the toe warmer version of them last year (bad circulation in the feet) they're great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Beasty wrote: »
    You can try some XLG ones on this evening if you wish;)

Thanks, Beasty. Will try em on. Do you have the liners and lobster ones too? I'm looking at getting the full set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I got a pair of silk glove liners for this winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I'm a large in them

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Raam wrote: »
    Thanks, Beasty. Will try em on. Do you have the liners and lobster ones too? I'm looking at getting the full set.
    No - I have other options for when it gets below minus 5 or so!

I used their long finger summer gloves this morning, when the temperature was about 5 degrees ("realfeel" 2 degrees) and they were absolutely fine (was in the short finger ones last week)

I use the liners and the winter gloves. Can't find the lobsters except as part of a set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

tunney wrote: »
    I'm a large in them

Looks like I might be an XLG so. How do you find the combination of liners+glove for super cold weather on the bike?

Looks like I might be an XLG so. How do you find the combination of liners+glove for super cold weather on the bike?

Okay - riden in minus 7 with them. Fine as long as you get in the habit of drumming your fingers on the shifters while riding they working nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Raam,

I have them and TBH I'm not that convinced they're worth the money. You definitely will need something inside for cold weather, BUT you cant buy the Assos liner glove on its own in the UK or Ireland, only as part of the lobster set, due to the distributer.

The Insulator glove was sold to me as the 'liner' in Cyclesuperstore, but its not ! Its too bulky to act as a liner.

Gore do a proper glove liner which I'm going to try out ( its on Wiggle ).

The other thing I find annoying about the 851s it the really bulky stitching on the inside of the fingers, drives me mental after a while.

IMO not up to their usual high standard in terms of function & design.

I can only see them on Wiggle at present (certainly not on CRC or Slane), and most of the range is shown as discontinued. I am guessing, therefore, that Assos will be launching a new range of winter gloves any time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Every time ther's a glove thread I post these bad boys up. I have bad circulation and nothing keeps my fingers warm except these Seal Skinz Mittens. Not having fingers is a little tricky until you get used to it, but it's well worth the effort.

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=C1010

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

I've a pair of the summer gloves in XL.
    Tight fit..and I have small & funky bass playing hands :)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=39317

CPL 593H

The XLGs fit him, like a glove ...:)

Advertisement