Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DA problem

• 27-09-2010 1:16pm

Just curious if anyone else experienced the same or can shed any light on this - I'm called them twice at Longford and they too are baffled.

I was refused DA first time around due to lack of medical evidence. I sent it back within the 3 weeks allowed for review, along with a pile of other evidence documents. I also sent it to the appeals office. I got a letter back from the appeals office within a week. It's been 8 weeks now since I sent it back to Longford, so I decided to call and inquire about it. They told me that a letter had been issued to me on the 10th of August. I never recieved it. They checked my address and it was correct, so they said they'd send the letter again. That was last Tuesday. I haven't recieved any letter.

I called them this morning, and the guy on the phone was equally confused as to why I haven't recieved either letter, seeing as it was sent to me five days ago. I haven't been missing any other post - all the bills and letters from other companies are arriving no problem, although some of them a bit late. I made him spell out my address for me, and it's correct. He said he'll get that letter sent out a third time. I am praying it actually arrives this time. I've no idea what it says or anything, but not recieving post from the SW is worrying me.

Anybody else have similiar issues or know of any reason this might be happening? Would it be worth giving An Post a call and asking them if they have any clues about the missing letters? I'm guessing that they wont be able to help in any way.

Comments

Ok, this has been resolved already! I got a phonecall back from the DA section in Longford to inform me that they've been sending letters to my old address, where I haven't lived since January. So at least they admit they've messed but, and I am very impressed with their efficiency in calling me back to inform me! Restores my faith in the SW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

So how come he was reading out your address to you? Where was he getting that from, if the address on their computer system (or wherever) was incorrect? Sounds odd.

The address was correct on the computers. My file contains both addresses, as when I applied I live in Dalkey, but moved in January. Someone just used the wrong address from the file.

Advertisement