Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

victoria line closed sat oct 2nd

Options
  • 27-09-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

I have no idea if this will effect anyone here that may be travelling to the Villa game. Just decided to stick it up just in case.
    The entire Victoria Line will be closed this Saturday, October 2, as London Underground continues their full upgrade of the line as part of a multi-billion pound investment programme.
    It is recommended that any supporters attending our home match against Aston Villa that day, kick-off 3pm, should travel by tube or train to Liverpool Street and catch the frequent National Express services from there to White Hart Lane.
    Please note, London Underground tickets will be accepted on National Express services between Liverpool Street to Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale only.
    Therefore, fans travelling any further than this (i.e. White Hart Lane and Northumberland Park) will require a valid National Express ticket.
    Alternatively, fans can interchange from the Piccadilly Line at Finsbury Park or Manor House rather than in Central London, and use the Rail Replacement Bus Service to Seven Sisters station.
    This Rail Replacement Bus Service will operate a northbound service from Bus Stop R at Finsbury Park station or Bus Stop D at Manor House station, and a southbound service from Bus Stop A at Seven Sisters station.
    Passengers using the Piccadilly Line from Central London are advised to change at Manor House for the rail replacement bus service as overall journey times between Central London and the stadium will be quicker than changing at Finsbury Park.
    London Underground tickets will be accepted on the following scheduled bus services:
    · 259 between Finsbury Park and Seven Sisters
    · 279 between Manor House and Seven Sisters
    · 230 between Walthamstow Central and Seven Sisters
    · 259 between Finsbury Park and Seven Sisters
    · 73 between King's Cross and Seven Sisters
    · 476 between King's Cross and Seven Sisters
    · 4 between Highbury & Islington and Finsbury Park
    · 19 between Highbury & Islington and Finsbury Park
    · 30 between Highbury & Islington and King's Cross (boosted service)
    · 43 between Highbury & Islington and Holloway Road
    · 271 between Highbury & Islington and Holloway Road
    · 393 between Highbury & Islington and Holloway Road

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Claonadh1

Cheers for the heads up there Kakee!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Thanks for this kakee. I was in the US until Friday morning and it ruined my night on Friday when I saw this. Gave us time to plan an alternative route though:)

Advertisement