Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1930's cartoons

Options
  • 27-09-2010 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm looking for help. I need to find a distributor for a couple of 1930's cartoons, namely one by the Fleischer Bros. called Bimbo's initiation and one by Charly Bowers called It's a Bird.
    I know these cartoons are in the public domain but I need them to be in way higher quality than I've been able to find them. Anyone have any information that might help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

An official version of Bimbo's Initiation is available on VHS and LaserDisc (remember them?) in "Betty Boop - the definitive collection" which oddly doesn't seem be available on DVD.

The comments on this Amazon product (which doesn't have Bimbo's Initiation, by the way) are interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Just been browsing. "It's a Bird" by Charley Bowers available here with an unbiased (hopefully) and very insightful review (definitely) here.

His father was an Irishman, it seems.

I'd love to know the reason for your particular interest in these movies....?

Advertisement