Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MRSA contact and we have a 6month old

Options
  • 27-09-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

On my way home from a gig in dublin, my wife and I visited my brother in hospital yesterday, he's in there for a transplant if all goes well.

Today I got a phone call to say that he has contracted MRSA (on top of all his other issues)

Both my wife and I washed our hands with the alcohol sprays at the door, but we have a 6 month old baby and now we are obviously worried. We are racking our brain trying to remember what we touched/picked up.

I read that it can carry on clothes if they are in contact with the affected area. Naturally when we got home we washed our hands again but we did pick up the baby as we hadnt seen him for 24hrs+

what are the chances of passing it on? how do we know if we have brought it home?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Id say the chances are slim. MRSA can 'live' on everyone but only certain people are likely to 'catch' it. I would ask a doctor if you are concerned. MRSA infections can occur through open wounds and comprised immune systems. Symtoms occur within 24-72 hrs.

Advertisement