Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Election 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Bookies (Paddy Power) dont give him much of a chance at 33/1 along with Tobin and Nutty. They are behind Deady 1/20, Coffey 1/12, Ryan 4/11, Keneally 4/6, Halligan 6/4, C Conway 13/8, Culliane 2/1, J Conway 20/1 and Higgins 25/1. Kiersey, Waters and Power are all 50/1

Never backed a horse in my life nor saw a bookie on a bike, still believe John B Keane got it right when he said "A horse the best machine ever invented for turning money into ****e"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

An update from RTE Elections on Twitter:

One polling booth reporting a 75% turnout. Average turnout of 71% in the city. This was at 8:15.

Great to hear isn't it? People are obviously energised. The higher the turnout, you'd have to imagine the less of a chance of Kenneally being elected.

I voted in the Mercy about half eight and it was very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Do yee think cullinane will get in.........:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

All candidates are shortening on PaddyPower.com anyway, Cullinane has shortened slightly to 7/4 while Halligan has shortened to 5/4. I should point out that there is very little liquidity in these markets so even small bets would be enough to influence the market. Some very conservative odds there and there's really no value to be had at this stage.

It's really up in the air at the moment, I can only hope that the high-turnout is made up of anti-government voters rather than shy-FF voters who have been mobilised to save their sinking ship! Both Cullinane and Halligan will be hoping for high turnouts in the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 savina10

lots of us women folk voted ciara conway 1st pref. Very poor choice of other candidates if you dont support fine gael so the transfers will be reduced significantly in this poll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

To follow Waterford count on twitter @RTEwaterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

How has everybody here voted?? Iwent 1 Halligan 2 Conway 3 Collery (a waste maybe as 3) It will be mighty close though between Halligan and Cullinane. Hope there's a couple of surprises i.e. Coughlan in Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Cullinane
    Coffey
    Kenneally
    Halligan

in that order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭wfman

i voted 1-13 guess the 2 candidates that got no vote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 MagicMcGrath

My prediction:

Deasy
    Coffey
    Kenneally
    Ryan

In that order. Hoping Kenneally gets in. Really think I'll be proved right with that order tomorrow at the end of it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Is it true that there were flyers going around yesterday of Cullinane in a KK jersey, with a contact me at Stonyford address? or is this a myth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Gardner

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Is it true that there were flyers going around yesterday of Cullinane in a KK jersey, with a contact me at Stonyford address? or is this a myth?

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

If Keneally gets in then we are a oke of a county. In fact no FF td should get in(fantasy I know) but FF have bankrupted our countrys future. They lied and snaked their way through their time in the Dail and I'm glad to say I've never voted FF. FF think nothing of Waterford, we are a second rate region and Keneally added no voice in Govt for us. Geographically, we are the gateway to Europe from Ireland...but look at us..left behind in the boom. We're were so easily pleased that a motorway appeased us. How about a University so that my son might have a future in this region let alone Ireland. FF Left us rot, lets hope our next Govt remembers that we are a vital and vibrant people in the SE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

My prediction:

Deasy
    Coffey
    Kenneally
    Ryan

In that order. Hoping Kenneally gets in. Really think I'll be proved right with that order tomorrow at the end of it all.

i think you are spot on!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

nkay1985 wrote: »
    An update from RTE Elections on Twitter:

One polling booth reporting a 75% turnout. Average turnout of 71% in the city. This was at 8:15.

Great to hear isn't it? People are obviously energised. The higher the turnout, you'd have to imagine the less of a chance of Kenneally being elected.

I voted in the Mercy about half eight and it was very busy.

Thats good to hear because I voted in the Pres about 5 and there was about 6 people there. I guess theres a different voter profile in the two areas as the ballot box in the pres seemed very full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

My prediction (in no particular order)

Deasy
    Coffey
    Cullinane
    Halligan

Off to the count centre now. Everyone is using the hashtag #wd on twitter so I'll be doing the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Twitter isn't loading for me at all in work, so I'm just gonna keep refreshing this thread all day and hope for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

RTE exit poll giving us a FG/LAB government, with FF having it's worst election ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Lads, where is the Waterford count centre? And what hope do ordinary joe's have of seeing some of the action?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

AdMMM wrote: »
    Off to the count centre now. Everyone is using the hashtag #wd on twitter so I'll be doing the same!

Maybe a quick update here and I'll buy you an ice-cream :)

Kenneally at 15% cullinane 11, Halligan 9 after 10% of boxes open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

@RTEwaterford
    RTEwaterford
    A cross party tally is in operation at #wd count. After 25 boxes of 167 opened across city and county tallies show John Deasy at 20 pc

not sure if twitter is working for all or not but thats the latest from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

From the RTE Live Election Count Tracker

0955 Estimated turnout in Waterford is approx 69%. Early indications are that the two Fine Gael candidates, outgoing TD John Deasy and Senator Paudie Coffey, are polling well.

FF tallymen say the one FF candidate seeking election, outgoing TD Brendan Kenneally, is holding his vote.

Update from RTEWaterford twitter
    Boxes have opened at wd Waterford Count centre this morning.#ge11
    Sorting and counting of votes is under way at #wd count centre since just after 9 this morning. Tallymen are in position. #ge11
    Early indications are that urnout is estimated at approximately 69 per cent in #wd Waterford #ge11
    A cross party tally is in operation at #wd count. After 25 boxes of 167 opened across city and county tallies show John Deasy at 20 pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

@RTEwaterford RTEwaterford
    15pc boxes tallied: FG Deasy 21%, FGCoffey 17%, FF Kenneally 14%, Lab Conway 11%, Lab Ryan 9%, SFCullinae 11%, IND Halligan 9% #ge11 #wd

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

15pc boxes tallied: FG Deasy 21%, FGCoffey 17%, FF Kenneally 14%, Lab Conway 11%, Lab Ryan 9%, SFCullinae 11%, IND Halligan 9% #ge11 #wd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

When will transfers start kicking in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

ziedth wrote: »
    When will transfers start kicking in?
    Later today - candidates have to get eliminated from the count.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

Kenneally 14%?

I CALL SHENANIGANS

Advertisement