Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Election 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Halligan topping every box that I've been tallying so far. Ryan not too far behind. Labour and Fg vote going everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

AdMMM wrote: »
    Halligan topping every box that I've been tallying so far. Ryan not too far behind. Labour and Fg vote going everywhere.
    BIASED.....:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Indications so far..
    Deasy, Coffey, Kennealy, and Halligan.

All independents, bar Halligan, doing poorly.

A lot done. A lot more todo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

jmcc wrote: »
    Later today - candidates have to get eliminated from the count.

Regards...jmcc

So would I be right in saying it could go all over the place once they start?

I'm amazed and a little saddened by Keneally doing so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Gardner

halligan topping poll in ballygunner, st martins and parnell street

• Advertisement

I'm tallying city votes. Explains the bias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

ziedth wrote: »
    So would I be right in saying it could go all over the place once they start?

I'm amazed and a little saddened by Keneally doing so well.
    Yep. But that's only on 15% of the boxes. There still another 85% so it could change dramatically over the next few hours.

Regards...jmcc

@RTEWaterford

1/3 boxes open: tallies show FG DEASY 20%, FG COFFEY17%, FF KENNEALLY15%, LAB CONWAY 9.7 % LAB RYAN 9.6, SF CULLINANE9.5% IND Halliagan10%

Regards...jmcc

I'm tallying city votes. Explains the bias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

"Early tallies show Independent John Halligan is polling very well in the city but not as well in the county with a third of boxes open."
    from RTE Waterford on Twitter.

• Advertisement

Another box with John toppIng the poll. I'm in the right wrong place if I didnt want to be getting excited! FG vote isn't transferring to FG, lots of 1 Coffey, 2 Halligan for example. Surprising number of 1 kenneally and 2 Tobin or Halligan, which is strange!

@RTEWaterford

1/3 boxes open: tallies show FG DEASY 20%, FG COFFEY17%, FF KENNEALLY15%, LAB CONWAY 9.7 % LAB RYAN 9.6, SF CULLINANE9.5% IND Halliagan10%

Regards...jmcc

A lot depends on what boxes that tally is from but if it was right, Cullinane would be going out before any of the other big names, which should keep Halligan ahead of the Labour candidates for one of them to be eliminated. But the other would jump him after that and 5% would be a very big gap to make up on Kenneally.

Another box with John toppIng the poll. I'm in the right wrong place if I didnt want to be getting excited! FG vote isn't transferring to FG, lots of 1 Coffey, 2 Halligan for example. Surprising number of 1 kenneally and 2 Tobin or Halligan, which is strange!

Is that all over the city Adam or certain parts?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    A lot depends on what boxes that tally is from but if it was right, Cullinane would be going out before any of the other big names, which should keep Halligan ahead of the Labour candidates for one of them to be eliminated.
    It may be the reverse. Halligan may not have support outside the city and the city boxes may have been much of those tallied. This will be a war of transfers.
    But the other would jump him after that and 5% would be a very big gap to make up on Kenneally.
    But if he doesn't get transfers, he will be gone.

Regards...jmcc

They're picked at random from the pile. Im just standing in the same place and tallying!

They're picked at random from the pile. Im just standing in the same place and tallying!

Oh right you're just writing down the box number and someone else is pulling the info on what box it is. Sounds very good for John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Kenneally 14%?

I CALL SHENANIGANS

This figure made my heart sink.

Whilst Dublin voters have FF at a mere 8% so far, Waterford voters really don't seem to have the same appetite for change.

I despair, I really, really despair :(

I can only hope against hope that the transfers will see him ousted....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

I would be very surprised if the Halligan vote remained high in the county, he doesn't have much of a profile.

The transfers will be extremely interesting based on what ye are seeing at the count. Sounds like it'll be a long night

But if he doesn't get transfers, he will be gone.

Regards...jmcc

Transfers can play a massive part but 5% would be a massive gap to make up. I think I out Kennally at 13%. At that, Halligan would almost certainly catch him. Not so sure about 15% though.

From RTEWaterford twitter
    15pc boxes tallied: FG Deasy 21%, FGCoffey 17%, FF Kenneally 14%, Lab Conway 11%, Lab Ryan 9%, SFCullinae 11%, IND Halligan 9% #ge11 #wd
    Early tallies show Ind John Halligan polling very well iin the city but not as well in the county with a third of boxes open #wd #ge11

Might be repeating, but I'll just update every hour or so for anyone not following the Twitter feed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Labour have ****ed up royally! Yes they should get a seat but had they run one he/she would have been a shoe-in.

Latest tally has 5 candidates scarily close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 MagicMcGrath

With the boxes left to come, I can safely say Halligan will be eliminated before Cullinane and probably before both Labour. Halligan has no chance. If vote holds Kenneally retains seat in 3rd. County boxes will favor him more than others.

With the boxes left to come, I can safely say Halligan will be eliminated before Cullinane and probably before both Labour. Halligan has no chance. If vote holds Kenneally retains seat in 3rd. County boxes will favor him more than others.

Have they not tallied any county boxes at all? If so, you're right about Halligan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Margarmur

Tell us more. :)

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Have they not tallied any county boxes at all? If so, you're right about Halligan.

45/64 City
    21/30 D'Garvan
    13/23 Comeragh
    11/21 Lismore
    19/29 Tramore

They're boxes open thus far. Double amount of boxes in county to come.

Halligan topping city poll. Kenneally ahead of Cullinane in city.

D'Garvan: 1) Deasy 2) Kenneally
    Lismore: 1) Deasy 2) Kenneally
    Comeragh: 1) Coffey 2) Kenneally

Coffey got huge vote in portlaw understandably. You've all underestimated my accuracy to the outcome. Kenneally is by far a stronger candidate than Ye think. Still a bit to go but he's going in the right direction. Halligan 4th atm but will drop as they are opening county boxes now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

savina10 wrote: »
    lots of us women folk voted ciara conway 1st pref. Very poor choice of other candidates if you dont support fine gael so the transfers will be reduced significantly in this poll.

People should be voting for who they believe to be the best person to be ruling the country, not whhether they are a man or a woman, what their party is, what their colour is or what they had for their breakfast last thursday week or anything else.

You've all underestimated my accuracy to the outcome. Kenneally is by far a stronger candidate than Ye think.
    No we just really hate the thought of Kenneally winning.

• Advertisement

Halligan topping city poll. Kenneally ahead of Cullinane in city.

D'Garvan: 1) Deasy 2) Kenneally
    Lismore: 1) Deasy 2) Kenneally
    Comeragh: 1) Coffey 2) Kenneally

Coffey got huge vote in portlaw understandably. You've all underestimated my accuracy to the outcome. Kenneally is by far a stronger candidate than Ye think. Still a bit to go but he's going in the right direction. Halligan 4th atm but will drop as they are opening county boxes now.

I don't think any of us didn't fear that this might happen. If he hangs on around 15% he'll hold the seat.

Advertisement