Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Election 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Magic is one of the kenneallys running the poll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Do all of the boxes hold roughly equal numbers of votes? City + Tramore have 93 boxes, rest of county 74 - roughly a 55/45 split, but population split is more like 70/30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I don't think any of us didn't fear that this might happen. If he hangs on around 15% he'll hold the seat.

I honestly didn't think he would poll nearly as strongly. An almighty shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

This figure made my heart sink.

Whilst Dublin voters have FF at a mere 8% so far, Waterford voters really don't seem to have the same appetite for change.

I despair, I really, really despair :(

I can only hope against hope that the transfers will see him ousted....

+1 I wish I could say I'm fully surprised but deep down I think all along I knew FF voters would pull him through. The mind does seriously boggle though.

Ryan is getting nothing from the county. Labour votes not transferring. Last of county boxes will put Conway ahead for labour, Ryan will be eliminated before Halligan. Looks like Halligan will be behind cullinane at that poInt but Ryan should allow Halligan to leapfrog cullinane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 MagicMcGrath

AdMMM wrote: »
    Magic is one of the kenneallys running the poll?

Check your grammar and re-phrase that. Don't know what you're asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Kenneally is by far a stronger candidate than Ye think. Still a bit to go but he's going in the right direction.

I don't think anyone underestimated the stupidity of diehard FF voters. They probably would have voted for a pig in a mohair suit.

Check your grammar and re-phrase that. Don't know what you're asking.

Sorry, on phone and auto correct is damning me! Are you one of the people running the tally upstairs?

Sorry, on phone and auto correct is damning me! Are you one of the people running the tally upstairs?

No I'm not. I have a contact there.

All boxes tallied here by the way. Rte are a bit behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Whilst Dublin voters have FF at a mere 8% so far, Waterford voters really don't seem to have the same appetite for change.

I don't know what you were expecting. FF are around 16% in the polls, so 15% voting no 1 for the single FF candidate is hardly a surprise. We voted 46.5% FF the last time, so their vote has been cut to one third. If that's not an appetite for change, I don't know what is.

Still, it would be very nice to see a "Portillo moment" in Waterford. Looking like we'll see it in Donegal and Dún Laoghaire with the two Marys!

I don't think anyone underestimated the stupidity of diehard FF voters. They probably would have voted for a pig in a mohair suit.

No they wouldn't vote for a pig in a mohair suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Margarmur

Where are the moderators??? DO you know the rules of the site.

No they wouldn't vote for a pig in a mohair suit.

Well they're voting for Kenneally aren't they?

Ba-dum-tish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Margarmur

Well they're voting for Kenneally aren't they?

Ba-dum-tish!

Magic, whats d latest? I wouldn't be replying to comments here. One rule for one and another for others. Majority posting here are linked to a political party and were actively seeking votes on this site.

Margarmur wrote: »
    Magic, whats d latest? I wouldn't be replying to comments here. One rule for one and another for others. Majority posting here are linked to a political party and were actively seeking votes on this site.

coming from an obvious FF shill account, thats saying something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Ryan is getting nothing from the county. Labour votes not transferring. Last of county boxes will put Conway ahead for labour, Ryan will be eliminated before Halligan. Looks like Halligan will be behind cullinane at that poInt but Ryan should allow Halligan to leapfrog cullinane.

That's going to be very interesting and should give Halligan a shout. Best possible result for him was always going to be ryan being eliminated.

How badly are the labour votes not transferring?

Very badly. If 30% transferred I'd be surprised. They had no cohesion whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Gardner

ALL JOE TOBIN VOTES GOING TO SF :mad::mad: ABOUT 800 1ST PREF FOR JOE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

fricatus wrote: »
    I don't know what you were expecting. FF are around 16% in the polls, so 15% voting no 1 for the single FF candidate is hardly a surprise. We voted 46.5% FF the last time, so their vote has been cut to one third. If that's not an appetite for change, I don't know what is.

Still, it would be very nice to see a "Portillo moment" in Waterford. Looking like we'll see it in Donegal and Dún Laoghaire with the two Marys!

I didn't believe Kenneally's record as a TD would be enough to get him re-elected, let alone the fact he is a member of one of the most reviled parties in the history of thre Irish Free State. So, yes, it is a surprise to me - absolutely.

It's looking as if Waterford county voters are still pretty conservative when it comes to voting and I can only hope that there is some miracle and transfers might just be his undoing in the end. Although, that's looking unlikely at the moment.

• Advertisement

Gardner wrote: »
    ALL JOE TOBIN VOTES GOING TO SF :mad::mad: ABOUT 800 1ST PREF FOR JOE

I was keeping an eye on those, Halligan kept up with him.

8 BOXES LEFT TO COUNTED IN CITY

SF COULD DO HALLIGAN BECAUSE OF WP!

All boxes are counted!

Very badly. If 30% transferred I'd be surprised. They had no cohesion whatsoever.

Wow that's mad. I knew they were bad but still! Going by that, the third and fourth seats will be very close.

NOT ACCORDING TO WFMAN,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Caught about 20mins of the RTE coverage while on my break.

The phrase "das righ" was used about 15 times.

All boxes are counted!

Counted or sorted? They couldn't be counted this early surely? That'd be very quick.

Official count hasn't started. Meant to say all boxes are tallied. All city boxes tallied, John in 4th. Conway ahead of Ryan who is behind cullinane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Majority of the reports around the country are giving 3pm for counting finished.

• Advertisement

Official count hasn't started. Meant to say all boxes are tallied. All city boxes tallied, John in 4th. Conway ahead of Ryan who is behind cullinane.

That's only the city? Or all?

Advertisement