Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Election 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Margarmur

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Counted or sorted? They couldn't be counted this early surely? That'd be very quick.

161 boxes opened approx this is how its working out

John Deasy 20% 9896
    COffey 17.66% 8686
    Kenneally 13.87% 6818
    Conway 10.19% 5003
    Halligan 10.25% 5038
    Cullinane 10.12% 4994

6 boxes to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then 3 of the 4 seats are already known (probably), the leftwingers will do what, all transfer to each other, then FG but not FF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Margarmur wrote: »
    161 boxes opened approx this is how its working out

John Deasy 20% 9896
    COffey 17.66% 8686
    Kenneally 13.87% 6818
    Conway 10.19% 5003
    Halligan 10.25% 5038
    Cullinane 10.12% 4994

6 boxes to go

Whoa - those last three candidates are really neck and neck so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I doubt Kenneally will get many transfers. Some hope that he'll be sent to the dole queues that he helped so many to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Gardner

where are the boxes left from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Yup, they're the same figures I have left. 3 city boxes left, 2 dungarvan, 1 constant, 1 lismore. Deasy possibly to reach quota with 4 county boxes left to open. Not sure how big they are though!

dayshah wrote: »
    I doubt Kenneally will get many transfers. Some hope that he'll be sent to the dole queues that he helped so many to get to.

Kenneally wont be heading to dole q. If he s not elected he will retire on a good pension. Better pension than if he were to do another term as td.

I reckon the longer Paudie stays in the better it will be for Kenneally.

164 boxes open

Quota looks like it is going to be 10,700

John Deasy: 20.24% 10,278
    Paudie Coffey: 17.7% 8,988
    Brendan Ken: 14.1% 7117
    Conway : 10.3% 5231
    Culliane : 10.18% 5170
    Ryan: 8.1% 4092
    Halligan : 9.98% 5038

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

What are the chances of Kenneally not getting a seat realistically? I know transfers won't be well for him, but has he secured enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

dlofnep wrote: »
    What are the chances of Kenneally not getting a seat realistically? I know transfers won't be well for him, but has he secured enough?
    I don't think so. The battle will be decided on transfers and Keneally and FF are transfer toxic.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I take it Justin Collery is not doing well?

• Advertisement

just after been talking to one of halligans lads and a mate in sf! 3 boxes not counted! not tallied for some reason! mercy convent, dunmore road and another city box!

halligans crew have counted 5089 votes without the last 3 boxes! if the 3 boxes are counted id say 5400

sf are also saying about 5400!

seamus ryan is going to play a huge part! both halligan and cullinane in ward 3!

recount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I think he has it. The only way he doesn't get it is if two from Halligan, Cullinane and Conway jump him which, with a buffer of two thousand, I don't see happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

STIG83 wrote: »

No I think the lads said the rest of the independents didn't do too well.

Transfers will go everywhere. As from what i hear brendan has got his fair share of transfers. Coffey still has a bit to go so it will probrally take an elimination such as one of the labour candidates. this will probrally elect labour and i'd say Brendan will take the fourth seat. Long evening ahead

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Gone. About a thousand votes. Independents did poor bar Halligan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Thanks for the updates lads.

Looks like Twitter has crashed.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Im amazed if Kenneally gets in, all the older generation having a one track mind and still voting FF. They not see what FF did to the country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

jmcc wrote: »
    Looks like Twitter has crashed.

Regards...jmcc

Are we in little old Ireland doing this? Surely to God not! How will Twitter cope at the next US presidential election?

fricatus wrote: »
    Are we in little old Ireland doing this? Surely to God not! How will Twitter cope at the next US presidential election?
    Even RTE have announced it. Looks like Twitter has fallen over with the traffic. It could be the start of a #FF coup. ;)

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Im amazed if Kenneally gets in, all the older generation having a one track mind and still voting FF. They not see what FF did to the country?

Ah sure, wasn't he a great man for Waterford, as was his father before him and his father before that? Sure, didn't FF leave the aul pensioners alone in the budget?

I was hoping the younger voters would have made a significant dent in his vote, but it seems the more conservative county voters had other ideas. Ah well, I hope no one complains when we read about him continuing to claim one of the largest expenses of any TD in the country for doing naff all up there in Dublin.

fricatus wrote: »

300 million Arabs. 5 million Irish. I don't think we've overloaded Twitter.

Way, way off topic, but the conspiracy theorist in me says maybe some dictatorship is trying a denial of service thingy. Bad as they are, I don't think FF would try that :)

Ah sure, wasn't he a great man for Waterford, as was his father before him and his father before that? Sure, didn't FF leave the aul pensioners alone in the budget?

I was hoping the younger voters would have made a significant dent in his vote, but it seems the more conservative county voters had other ideas. Ah well, I hope no one complains when we read about him continuing to claim one of the largest expenses of any TD in the country for doing naff all up there in Dublin.

A shame a lot of the younger voters are in Australia.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did. Twitter switched to a new interface recently and this may be its first big test. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Way, way off topic, but the conspiracy theorist in me says maybe some dictatorship is trying a denial of service thingy. Bad as they are, I don't think FF would try that :)

Actually I think all of the above makes a lot of sense... I just found it funny that Twitter started going down just as Mary Hanafin's tallies began to show her under threat! :)

So much for Twitter. 300 million Arabs and mass revolt: No problem. 3 million Irish voters - bang. :) I wonder have they hired some FFers?

Regards...jmcc

what time approx for the 1st count??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cathydeise

DEASY 10,278 20.24%
    COFFEY 8,988 17.7%
    KENNEALLY 7,117 14.01%
    CONWAY C 5,231 10.3%
    CULLINANE 5,170 10.18%
    HALLIGAN 5,067 9.98%
    RYAN 4,320 8.51%
    HIGGINS 1,031 2.03%
    COLLERY 964 1.9%
    TOBIN 850 1.67%
    CONWAY J 751 1.48%
    POWER 457 0.9%
    NUTTY 206 0.41%
    WATERS 185 0.36%
    KIERSEY 177 0.35%

Boxes Tallied: 164 of 167

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

cathydeise wrote: »
    DEASY 10,278 20.24%
    COFFEY 8,988 17.7%
    KENNEALLY 7,117 14.01%
    CONWAY C 5,231 10.3%
    CULLINANE 5,170 10.18%
    HALLIGAN 5,067 9.98%
    RYAN 4,320 8.51%
    HIGGINS 1,031 2.03%
    COLLERY 964 1.9%
    TOBIN 850 1.67%
    CONWAY J 751 1.48%
    POWER 457 0.9%
    NUTTY 206 0.41%
    WATERS 185 0.36%
    KIERSEY 177 0.35%

Boxes Tallied: 164 of 167

Unless I'm mistaken, thats brendan kenneallys daughter. Play nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its going to be a long weekend for 3 maybe 4 of them.

Advertisement