Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Election 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This lie about the 24 hr rescue service being propagated again I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Would you expect anything different.

No but seen as no one else mentioned it I thought I'd see if I was only imagining things:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 waitforit

Dark Crystal has it entered your head that these expenses have occured due to the fact the man never stops working-driving to and from waterford to dublin, travelling around the county to various clinics not to mention running two offices and employing people. Seems to me you don't have any idea how hard politicians work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 waitforit

Bards all the tape was cut by cullen but the work done by KENNEALLY FACT. OECD reports recommended Waterford stays as an IT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

hang on a sec. Are you seriuusly telling me that, Cullen as Minister at the Dept of Transport had nothing to do with the M9 and Wateford City Bypass??

I think you need your head examined and my advise to you is to go see a hypnotist to re-programme your brain due to the brainwashing you have been exposaed to by FF

P.S I don't get paid to go to my place of work, so why should any other perrson Including all TD's and especially Keneally

Hunt Report said WIT would be a University in any other developed country.

OECD 2 report also did not object to the upgrading of WIT to University

Edit:

All the Work was done by the Contractors (BAM/Dragados) - FACT

and another little fact - Wasn't twidlledee (Wilkinson) in the dail along with cullen from 2002 - 2007 while Kenneally was not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

waitforit wrote: »
    Dark Crystal has it entered your head that these expenses have occured due to the fact the man never stops working-driving to and from waterford to dublin, travelling around the county to various clinics not to mention running two offices and employing people. Seems to me you don't have any idea how hard politicians work.

He is paid handsomely enough without having to claim an extra €74,000 on top of it. It's amazing that so many other TDs from outside Dublin managed on much less, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Margarmur wrote: »
    He is a man of his word and anything Ive ever asked him to do or my family/friends he has consistently delivered way and beyond.

He's an out and out liar and some of the things he's done are disgraceful, then again some of us know only too well what his "favours" have cost people. He's the biggest me feiner going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bards all the tape was cut by cullen but the work done by KENNEALLY FACT. OECD reports recommended Waterford stays as an IT

Anything else you'd like to give your dad credit for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Jesus what are they doing at the Waterford count!!!

decies wrote: »
    Jesus what are they doing at the Waterford count!!!

The strings on the abacus snapped :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I'd like to add that Sully has supplied no information on this thread that he's mod on. This thread is giving most info on Waterford nationally. Sully's candidate knows he's elected but sully won't post any updates. My view is he has been shunning this thread for the "upper echelons" in the count centre. Sound Sully, you've been most informative....

Stop been a muppet, regardless to whether Sully is a mod of this forum or not, he is under absolutely no obligation to post on this thread or any other thread for that matter.

Cut our the crap or you will outstay your welcome here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Margarmur

deisemum wrote: »
    He's an out and out liar and some of the things he's done are disgraceful, then again some of us know only too well what his "favours" have cost people. He's the biggest me feiner going.

You clearly have a chip on your shoulder, quite a few msgs here voicing your anti kenneally sentiments. We got the msg leave it go relax and enjoy your night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

RTEwaterford: #ge11 The candidates' agents are examining the spoilt votes in Waterford #wd
    Sat Feb 26 18:33:05 via web

Margarmur wrote: »
    You clearly have a chip on your shoulder, quite a few msgs here voicing your anti kenneally sentiments. We got the msg leave it go relax and enjoy your night.

Previous posts by this poster would explain why she has and with good reason

Keep us informed thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

No, he's been lining his pockets at the nations expense. Other TDs have worked FAR harder (although it would be difficult to work less than kenneally) and claimed less expenses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Turns out there was 2000 too many votes in the tally if I understand correctly. Deasy takes a hit and revised tally puts Halligan ahead of cullinane. Deasy might be elected first count. But not by much. First count imminent, just finishing spoiling votes now

700 or so spoiled votes. Most properly spoiled but parties were able to get some back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Lots of people here wondering why it's taking so long considering other constituencies are flying along.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

im far from a FF fan but Kenneally had lots to do with the M9, aswell as the 24 rescue service. Cullen took the usual plaudits as he used to do, he was one sneaky politician with a face for everyone and grabbing what limelight he could.

Anyway back onto results, who are the likely 4 at this stage?

• Advertisement

Maybe Cullen was right after all, over 9 hours of counting and still no news. Just got text from count about to declare !!

Just heard another 20-30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Goose_Hyypia

Trotter wrote: »
    Just heard another 20-30 mins.

Madness!

Whats the delay ?

No idea now. I suspect it'll be tomorrow before we get to the exciting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Goose_Hyypia

Looks like Cullen's Revenge for electronic voting!

I think deasy has just barely reached a quota. Delay caused as they're discussing how to proceed to distribute surPlus

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Does anyone know why so many spoiled votes? was it people taking the micky? or were they not stamped?

I heard a few elderly people got confused by the empty box by the independants where the other partys had their logos.

Possibility of recount of deasys votes. Don't think they'd get through that tonight!

jayboi wrote: »
    Does anyone know why so many spoiled votes? was it people taking the micky? or were they not stamped?

I heard a few elderly people got confused by the empty box by the independants where the other partys had their logos.

There was a lot of that. Most votes weren't spoiled because they were still legible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 savina10

jayboi wrote: »

Some of the electorate going a little passive-aggressive with the spoilt votes I think. How annoying is that? Giving their little spiteful pinch at the system.

Getting bored now.

Advertisement