Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Election 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

savina10 wrote: »
    Getting bored now.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Heard ready for the count finally in Waterford!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

rte announce a slow hand clap in waterford to belief that deasy has topped the poll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

RTEwaterford: First count in #wd nobody made the quota of 10,745 #ge11 FGs John Deasy missed the quota by 27 votes - achieving 10,718 on the first count
    Sat Feb 26 20:40:24 via web

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rjr2

1st count results on rte.ie now, no one elected on 1st count

http://www.rte.ie/news/election2011/results/waterford.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

deisemum wrote: »
    He's an out and out liar and some of the things he's done are disgraceful, then again some of us know only too well what his "favours" have cost people. He's the biggest me feiner going.

Can these and similar claims be backed up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

daaave wrote: »
    rte announce a slow hand clap in waterford to belief that deasy has topped the poll

The clapping, jeering etc was purely because of the delay in announcing a result and the lack of communication.

It wasn't a safe bet Deasy would be elected first count. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Nice! they didnt even bother to show it just gave the results
    Deise Tom wrote: »
    Can these and similar claims be backed up.

I detest kenneally just as much as the next person but this kenneally bashing has spilled over to 2 threads can we not knock it on the head or set up a kenneally bashing thread that I can ignore

AdMMM wrote: »
    I think deasy has just barely reached a quota. Delay caused as they're discussing how to proceed to distribute surPlus

Surely all these things should be worked out first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

Looks like the first defining point here might be when Seamus Ryan gets eliminated, anyone have any idea where his transfers look like going

• Advertisement

jayboi wrote: »

Was disappointed by this! With the amount of staff rte have out covering the election was there no one available to cover this, no camera crew in waterford at all??

Was disappointed by this! With the amount of staff rte have out covering the election was there no one available to cover this, no camera crew in waterford at all??[/QUOTE]

Shocking. Havent they a studio/office in City Square.

wagtail99 wrote: »
    Looks like the first defining point here might be when Seamus Ryan gets eliminated, anyone have any idea where his transfers look like going

I'd imagine a lot will go to Conway but if Cullinane get's eliminated I would imagine Halligan would get a lot of his transfers

I would say it could end up being:

DEASY, John
    COFFEY, Paudie
    KENNEALLY, Brendan
    HALLIGAN, John

christ,switchin from rte 1 to rte 2 (well done england and wales) for the last ten hours and not a single camera shot from waterford. the sooner we get a decent figurehead to replace cullen the better,who knows we might even get mentioned from time to time on the weather

rjr2 wrote: »
    I'd imagine a lot will go to Conway but if Cullinane get's eliminated I would imagine Halligan would get a lot of his transfers

I would say it could end up being:

DEASY, John
    COFFEY, Paudie
    KENNEALLY, Brendan
    HALLIGAN, John

dont know if kenneally will get the 3000+ votes needed to make the quota.
    conway is in a good position and will surely benefit significantly should seamus ryan be excluded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

jayboi wrote: »

Was disappointed by this! With the amount of staff rte have out covering the election was there no one available to cover this, no camera crew in waterford at all??

Its crazy , they had cameras their this morning but it seems they cant keep them their unlike the likes of south west cork or north east central up down kerry :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Deasy still short, Coffey gaininng the most there.

dont know if kenneally will get the 3000+ votes needed to make the quota.
    conway is in a good position and will surely benefit significantly should seamus ryan be excluded

true, finding kenneally hard to judge, wouldn't have thought he'd do so well in the first instance

Who will benefit more i wonder if ryan and cullinane go out halligan or conway to gain most :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Deasy elected

jo06555 wrote: »
    Who will benefit more i wonder if ryan and cullinane go out halligan or conway to gain most :confused:

if ryan and cullinane go out i reckon both conway and halligan will probably pass kenneally out for the last 2 seats;)

if ryan and cullinane go out i reckon both conway and halligan will probably pass kenneally out for the last 2 seats;)

heres hoping anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

What time will they close the centre tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

That's the dream scenario!

i hear counting will stop around 10.30

ffs DEASY gets elected and still not a word from rte in waterford , if it had of bein anywhere else they probably would of interupted the news for it.....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭cbl593h

jo06555 wrote: »
    ffs DEASY gets elected and still not a word from rte in waterford , if it had of bein anywhere else they probably would of interupted the news for it.....:rolleyes:

Indeed. Too busy picking at the bones of the last 5 years to notice there's an election count on............:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Well rte interviewed him and cameras are rolling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

AdMMM wrote: »
    Well rte interviewed him and cameras are rolling!

Does he know that the camera is probably not plugged in?

Advertisement