Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Election 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

AdMMM wrote: »
    Well rte interviewed him and cameras are rolling!

Too busy spinning around the studio with enda now ..... he is our leader how exciting :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

10.30 if that's true joke , they took so long they should be going till at least 1 in the morning. Whose ruining the show ( not running ) the count in Waterford!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 savina10

jo06555 wrote: »
    ffs DEASY gets elected and still not a word from rte in waterford , if it had of bein anywhere else they probably would of interupted the news for it.....:rolleyes:
    Everyone knows John Deasy is not the leaders pet. He must bow down to his leader now. Leave Enda bask in the golden light for a while while it lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Sure I thought Enda feckin hated Deasy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

jo06555 wrote: »
    Too busy spinning around the studio with enda now ..... he is our leader how exciting :(

lol Christ, a studio interview with the soon to be new Taoiseach is naturally gonna get air time ahead of any information/interview from any count centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Sure I thought Enda feckin hated Deasy?

So waterford will be left in the gutter it seems unless coffey can be a teachers pet :confused::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

"Paddy likes to know what's going on". Great Quotes of our time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

savina10 wrote: »
    Everyone knows John Deasy is not the leaders pet. He must bow down to his leader now. Leave Enda bask in the golden light for a while while it lasts.

as far as i know this goes back to deasy's father, him and kenny had a falling out.

sure didnt kenny reprimand deasy heavily when he was smoking in the bar in the dail when the smoking ban was introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

With the seeming bias againt Waterfrod by RTE and all these revolutions going on everywhere I think now is the time for Waterford to become independant state where we will give ourselfs all the tv coverage we like!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 savina10

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    "Paddy likes to know what's going on". Great Quotes of our time.

As he pointed out - Same said curiosity and inquisitiveness that made us lose a day watching counts today. I'm giving up if enda starts getting intuitive with joe public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Hearing that if there was a clear result they were stopping the count around 11

@RTEwaterford

RTEwaterford
    #ge11 Jody Power of the Greens has been eliminated on Count 4 in #wd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Niall Rooney, the returning officer, was just overheard saying that if there's an end in sight, he won't stop! Could be a long night. I've had to head home because I'm working a night shift!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Trotter wrote: »
    What time will they close the centre tonight?

Niall Rooney said 10-30 or 11pm during the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,665 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

looking bad for halligan now according to Rte

• Registered Users Posts: 11 geffc

manseragh got very few transfers in tipp but kenneally prob not as unpopular, twill go very close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

joe tobin next to be excluded,halligan could do well from his transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

6th count over, No one has reached the quota on that count so Joe Tobin is eliminated and his votes are being distributed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,665 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

cant see halligan getting in. Ryan and Cullinane labour and sein feinn respectifly have to come

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

daaave wrote: »
    joe tobin next to be excluded,halligan could do well from his transfers

I wouldnt be so sure, Didnt John Halligan leave WP on bad terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

south wrote: »
    6th count over, No one has reached the quota on that count so Joe Tobin is eliminated and his votes are being distributed

Can someone confirm for me how eliminated candidates' votes are actually distributed?

Do the eliminated candidates decide who gets the votes, or is it based simply on the preferences on the ballot papers?

Can someone confirm for me how eliminated candidates' votes are actually distributed?

Do the eliminated candidates decide who gets the votes, or is it based simply on the preferences on the ballot papers?

It's based on the ballot paper,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

The Ladder, hense why we vote 1,2,3, etc and not just number 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

It goes by the next preference as stated on the ballot papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I wouldnt be so sure, Didnt John Halligan leave WP on bad terms.

oh right,i wasn't aware of that.that'll learn me for not keeping up to date with local politics.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Gardner

halligan has about 300 votes from tobin, cullinane about 200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

sure didnt kenny reprimand deasy heavily when he was smoking in the bar in the dail when the smoking ban was introduced.

Reprimand = Sacked from the Front Bench - what a tosser Deasey is and main reason why I didn't vote for him

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Vincent Brown Panel have just called waterford(Well the way they see it panning out anyway) FG X2, Labour X 1 and Sinn Fein to get final seat at expense of FF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ellie1984

It's based only on the ballot papers.

E.G. If candidate Green is eliminated because he's received only four votes than his votes will be redistributed as follows:

Ballot Paper 1:
    Preference one: Green
    Preference two: Red

Ballot Paper 2:
    Preference two: Yellow

Ballot Paper 3:
    Preference two: Red

Ballot Paper 4:
    Preference two: Blue

Eliminated candidate Green's votes will be redistributed like this: 2 votes for candidate Red, one for candidate Yellow and one for candidate Blue.

Advertisement