Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Election 2011

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

AdMMM wrote: »
    Halligan gets 300 odd from distribution of Higgins and Collery, Kenneally only got 70 or so. My sister doesn't really understand the whole process but from what I can gather, Coffey was elected on that count and has a surplus to be distributed?

Coffey not quite there yet 42 votes shy, Halligan got 397 in the last set of transfers, Kenneally got 232 transfers

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

If it took over an hour to transfer 2400, its surely going to be a fews hours yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Kenneally is still 1500 votes ahead of Halligan after Collery & Higgins' transfers.

That's a larger deficit than I'd like....could he still be toppled after Ryan and Cullinane's transfers?? I assume Conway will benefit most from Ryan's transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Have we wronged RTE in some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭JOHNFRANCE

There are still 10000 odd votes to transfer - Ryan and Cullinane.

It can be done! Come on John.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ellie1984

Are they gonna adjourn the counting or will they keep going all night long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jesus Christ.

Ellie1984 wrote: »

It looks like a all nighter.

Take care my children :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Shh Waterford mentioned on rte radio.

F*ck you RTE.

Just done a quick calculation based on transfers up to now and I reckon Halligan will pip Kenneally, just.

Recount tomorrow. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Diluted

Fentdog84 wrote: »
    So keneally might not get in thus no Fianna fail TD in Waterford? Incredible.

Incredible yes but thank f..k hopfully not. Im amazed he got that amount of 1st pref votes. Hope Conway and Halligan make it through now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

JOHNFRANCE wrote: »
    Recount tomorrow. :D

Jesus, don't say things like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

My calculation has Cullinane's transfers electing Halligan over Keneally for the last seat.

Just..

heard the radio interview, it was a couple of seconds its an improvement on nothing i suppose.
    Strange that we can barely get a mention when a lot of counts are adjourned are finished.

Ive come to the conclusion that we must not be paying our tv licences down here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

Ellie1984 wrote: »
    hard to know,but one things for sure-with only 1 seat filled after 8 counts and everything to play for,surely rte could have spared us repeated dribble from one of the dublin constituencies and given waterford some airtime.

some 'colourful' looking indiviuals in the dail for the next 5 years.namely wallace (ind)from wexford and luke 'ming' flanagan(ind)from leitrim/sligo who has been repeatedly convicted of possesion of cannabis if i remember correctly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Coffey still being in could play a part. He'll end up with a surplus after ryan's transfers so where that will go could make a big difference. Still sorting ryan's votes. If I had to call it i'd say kenneally and conway.

some craic if coffey didnt get in after all that

Am thinking Kenneally and Conway . It looks looks like Kenneally,s first preference vote is going to be enough .

Fianna Fail's Brendan Kenneally says the fourth seat may be up for grabs between himself and John Halligan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

decies wrote: »
    Am thinking Kenneally and halligan. It looks looks like Kenneally,s first preference vote is going to be enough .
    surely ryan's transfers will open a massive gap between conway and halligan favouring conway,and it all comes down to cullinane's transfers which should get halligan over the finish line.
    just hope kenneally is as transfer toxic as they're making him out to be...

Yep Conway should be safe I thought they had distributed ryans vote but no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Money Tree

I could see a recount happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ryans vote being distributed now. From the phone call I got, 900 to Halligan, only 100 to Keneally. Conway safe, may hit surplus. Again, only heard this over the phone so may not be accurate. Keneally must be sweating it?

Holy ****!

John has made up 1300 votes in transfers if this is true.

Will SF transfer to him or is some of SF's vote Martin Cullen's vote from 2007, thereby suggesting that it would go to FF? This is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Gardner

halligan camp saying 5 to 1 with cullinanes transfer for halligan over kenneally

my mate in sf is telling me 4 to 1

I clarified over the phone that it was closer to 4.5:1

Also worth noting that I was the only person behind Cullinanes preferences being counted.

Maurice Cummins on WLR now saying that he has 880 to make up. He's surely going to do it is John?

Coffey elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Can we say at this point that Kenneally has seen the last of the transfers in big numbers?

This could go right to the wire!

All to play for now!

Cullinane's votes being distributed now.

• Advertisement

John has 900 or so to make up. Again RTE cut the coverage short! This is definitely doable!

Advertisement