Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Election 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Great result and worth waiting up for. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 cykedout

Possible a recount could be called yet....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I am proud to be a Waterford man today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭JOHNFRANCE

5am here in France but my heart's at home.

Well done John. What a night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

deisemum wrote: »
    Great result and worth waiting up for. :D:D:D

No doubt you're happy, tee hee...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'd like to add that Sully has supplied no information on this thread that he's mod on. This thread is giving most info on Waterford nationally. Sully's candidate knows he's elected but sully won't post any updates. My view is he has been shunning this thread for the "upper echelons" in the count centre. Sound Sully, you've been most informative....

I'm in a good mood because both myself and Adam achieved what we both wanted, and plus the common good came - Fianna Fail lost their seat in Waterford. So for the craic, ill feed the troll. But bare in mind trolls - that trying to shill after votes are cast is pointless because we cant rush in and change our ballot ><

Anywhome, as for todays figures - I was in a little after half 8 and I am only home now. Its been a busy, long day and I have no battery left in my phone. Its a great day for the people of Waterford and Ireland. So your posts boosted my happy mood - I think its brilliant that your trolling and shilling was pointless and you didn't succeed. Its dirty politics and many would agree that playing that game wont get you appreciated.

I did updates, as I am sure you have noticed, but nothing really moved until I left (the final two seats). The two FG were a given, and the order which they came was also a given so there was little point in mentioning that and John was elected late evening and Paudie only about an hour or so ago.

I pointed out an early indication, and that the Independents did poorly excluding Halligan. My early conclusion was a good plug for you, but it was wrong.

Its worth noting my old pal, that its not in my job description as a moderator to keep the forum up-to-date. Both myself, Adam and others posted when we could. If you want something better - go look on RTE, Newstalk, Beat, WLRFM etc. who are all paid to report on the election.

Thank christ justice has been served. Ill leave it at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

hear hear sully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

fricatus wrote: »
    No doubt you're happy, tee hee...

I feel like organising a street party as I wouldn't be the only one celebrating on it.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

With the boxes left to come, I can safely say Halligan will be eliminated before Cullinane and probably before both Labour. Halligan has no chance. If vote holds Kenneally retains seat in 3rd. County boxes will favor him more than others.

I'd just like to remind you of this post from 11.36 this morning! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

fricatus wrote: »
    I'd just like to remind you of this post from 11.36 this morning! :D

I'm just glad my utter dislike of Kenneally and his money-grubbing ways was shared by enough people to get rid of him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

That was one hell of a rollercoaster ride! I'm just gutted that I'm in work to miss it. I feel so far away I may as well be in Australia!

Thanks for everyone who wished John well, I'm sure he'll enjoy reading through this thread when I show him and I'm sure he'll have a go at guessing who the shill's are :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

AdMMM wrote: »
    That was one hell of a rollercoaster ride! I'm just gutted that I'm in work to miss it. I feel so far away I may as well be in Australia!

Thanks for everyone who wished John well, I'm sure he'll enjoy reading through this thread when I show him and I'm sure he'll have a go at guessing who the shill's are :).

Hahaha well the shills are easy to spot :)

I wouldn't agree with everything John believes in but I'm sure he'll work far harder for Waterford than you know who did. Plus a mustache as fine as his deserves a national stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Gardner

ADAM HOW DO U THINK I FEEL! NO SLEEP IN 29 HOURS NOW! 39 DEGREES AND ITS 12.15 PM

RTE PLAYER SAYS 20 HOURS AND 14 MIN PLAYING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

deisemum wrote: »
    I feel like organising a street party as I wouldn't be the only one celebrating on it.;)

Yeah I was talking to Ryan's Labour people for a lot of the late part of the count and they said the shift in Viewmount was enormous. They said there was pure vitriol for Kenneally there and they had heard the story of what you and your neighbours had to put up with.

Delighted to see that Kenneally didn't get back in anyway. He's a complete waste of space. Three left-leaning candidates from the same local ward nearly left him in but thankfully he was pipped!

I'm not sure if the biggest surprise is Halligan getting elected or Conway's vote. Low profile. Very little experience. Lots of things fell right for her though: only female candidate, picking up Brian O'Shea's county vote. Fair play to her.

I said a while back that three fresh TDs sounded good to me. Not my ideal choices but happy enough with that outcome. And we'll have three TDs from the governing parties so should hold some kind of sway there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

http://www.rte.ie/news/election2011/results/waterford.html

It's official. Well done John Halligan!

At least I get some consolation for missing John be elected. Rte presenter is saying where I work and told me that it was Dublin calling the shots whenever they didn't show us. She's just as frustrated as us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Bloody great result, absolutely delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

A staggering result. How long has it been since Waterford didn't have an FF TD? I wonder if FF had run anyone other than Keneally would they have had a seat?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

People of Waterford have spoken, well done one and all!! ( party at sullys tonight , deisemum has the champers on ice)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Wow, what wonderful news to wake up to!!

Well done John - You really deserve that Dail seat. Represent us well :)

As for Kenneally's demise, what can I say? Justice has finally been done.

• Advertisement

jmcc wrote: »
    A staggering result. How long has it been since Waterford didn't have an FF TD? I wonder if FF had run anyone other than Keneally would they have had a seat?

Regards...jmcc
    I think it was 1923!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

I think it was 1923!
    Before FF was founded? That's an amazing result. To paraphrase:
    Eamon DeValera, Charlie Haughey, Bertie Ahern, Brian Cowen, your boys took a Hell of a beating. [1]

Regards...jmcc

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZTP8-8wIs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Congratulations to all.

So any speculation as to how this will pan out for the Déise?

I suppose Coffey will have the greatest access to the leadership. He'll probably be most in line for a junior ministry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

I have been reading this thread but did not contribute . I am posting to say i am delighted with this result and it was great to wake up to good news this morning . I want to say congrats to john halligan a victory well deserved

I think it was 1923!

1926 :-)

Ciara conway on rte radio 1 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

AWESOME, i went to bed slightly disappointed because i taught Keneally had gotten in but also happy SF didnt get in. Delighted an independent (halligan) got in instead of em both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I was fast asleep this morning till the cheer from diesemums house woke me up :)

I'm afraid to say I gave up on this last night and wrote it off when I thought Keneally was keeping his seat.

Thanks a million on the updates lads it made was has become my fav thread on boards.ie

The endless shill accounts have become very quiet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Im glad that Kenneally was kicked out. I just hope that Halligan doesnt turn into another Jackie Healy-Rae.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

The shake up is what we need.
    Coffey should get some junior portfolio and down the road when Kenny is ousted Deasy may come back into favour.
    I'm delighted for Ciara Conway, and John Halligan for the City, I can't see him doing much for rural Waterford.

Advertisement