Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On-site exchanges

Options
  • 27-09-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,082 ✭✭✭✭

My BenQ monitor developed a faulty power-switch, and bearing in mind I bought the monitor from Dabs, I was a bit reluctant to contact them and fork out the cost of shipping the monitor to them.

I contacted BenQ direct in the UK (just two days short of the two year guarantee date), and had an email back, giving me an RMA number, and telling me that a courier would arrive to do an on-site exchange. This exchange should have taken place within a week, but due to a courier "screw-up", the exchange didn't take place for over a month.

Had the monitor packed up altogether, I would have been breathing fire and smoke, but fortunately it was still functioning as a monitor, and despite the cap on the switch coming adrift, it could still be switched off and on using a match-stick.

Has anyone else had the benefit of this cost-free swap, and which other manufacturers operate this scheme?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

You should have contacted Dabs as they send a courier to pick up the item free.

Alot of places I have dealt with harddrives etc will ship you the replacement part and you put the replacement part in the same box and ship it back. You give your cc number so that if you dont ship back the faulty part they will charge you.

Advertisement