Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing pics of Big Storm in Kansas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Holy crap,some of them pics look like CGI from a Hollywood Blockbuster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

56360211.JPG

EPIC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Jake1 wrote: »

Since when did they start paying american fuseball in wexford park!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

I've been blitzing through past seasons of Smallville in the past few weeks. This really does not help me distinguish fact from fiction...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Haha, the amount of people looking at the sky!

LUCKY FECKERS! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

Having grown up in Kansas, there is no fecking way I'd stick around under that cloud! Especially not if I was in the band and carrying a tuba or other sufficiently large brass instrument.

It's not clear if this is a mesocyclone, but it's actually not uncommon to get a second tornado season in the autumn in Kansas. Less frequency than in the Spring, but definitely a second peak in activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Great stuff, would love to have been there (but not to watch that excuse for a game they call American Football, I'm sorry but that's not a sport, it's a shoutin' and hollerin' fest, briefly interrupted by 2-second periods of padded up fat guys running at eachother, then it's back to shoutin' and hollerin' after they fall to the ground). Pity the 1.5 hour delay wasn't longer!!

(Sorry MT, no offence.....or is it DEEEFence! Hut hut!) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Su Campu wrote: »
    Great stuff, would love to have been there (but not to watch that excuse for a game they call American Football, I'm sorry but that's not a sport, it's a shoutin' and hollerin' fest, briefly interrupted by 2-second periods of padded up fat guys running at eachother, then it's back to shoutin' and hollerin' after they fall to the ground). Pity the 1.5 hour delay wasn't longer!!

(Sorry MT, no offence.....or is it DEEEFence! Hut hut!) :pac:

Small modification - padded up fat guys on steroids running at each other

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

DougL wrote: »
    Having grown up in Kansas, there is no fecking way I'd stick around under that cloud! Especially not if I was in the band and carrying a tuba or other sufficiently large brass instrument.

It's not clear if this is a mesocyclone, but it's actually not uncommon to get a second tornado season in the autumn in Kansas. Less frequency than in the Spring, but definitely a second peak in activity.

I grew up in Kansas too. In Haysville. Just about 2 hours or so South from Manhattan down the 177. Really miss the big storms. Great to look at when rolling in from the plains but not something you wanna be under out in the open.

Advertisement