Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears of war 3 pre order

• 27-09-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if any of the bricks and mortar shops are taking pre orders for GeoW3 yet?

I see some places online are but I would like to have the game on the release date. Do any of the online shops ensure you have it on release day? Do the offer pre order bonuses like the B&M shops?

Also will there be different versons of the game? Like halo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Its out on April 2011 so no need to panic, last time tesco were selling the limited edition for 49.99 if I can remember and the normal edition was 59.99, that was on release day.
    I would imagine the same crack as Halo but this is one game I will buy on release day and wont be pre-ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

kiddums wrote: »
    Does anyone know if any of the bricks and mortar shops are taking pre orders for GeoW3 yet?

I see some places online are but I would like to have the game on the release date. Do any of the online shops ensure you have it on release day? Do the offer pre order bonuses like the B&M shops?

Also will there be different versons of the game? Like halo.

:rolleyes:

it wont be out for 6 months , chill....

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

I'm a big GOW fan, but christ this is early to think about pre-ordering it! I do imagine there will be a 'legendary' pack equivalent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

http://www.toys.ie/GEARS-OF-WAR-3-X360-!H07000-prod.aspx?qwSessionID=5a1b3d57-7f53-45f5-a430-fe5b0edbeb28

€54.99 in Smyths, 10% off on release with a loyalty card. Can book it on the site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

bennyc wrote: »
    Its out on April 2011 so no need to panic, last time tesco were selling the limited edition for 49.99 if I can remember and the normal edition was 59.99, that was on release day.
    I would imagine the same crack as Halo but this is one game I will buy on release day and wont be pre-ordering.
    :rolleyes:

it wont be out for 6 months , chill....
    DHYNZY wrote: »
    I'm a big GOW fan, but christ this is early to think about pre-ordering it! I do imagine there will be a 'legendary' pack equivalent.
    I know its early but I had Reach pre ordered about 8 months in advance. I was one of the first to order it in the store.

Thanks for the info tho.
    niallon wrote: »
    http://www.toys.ie/GEARS-OF-WAR-3-X360-!H07000-prod.aspx?qwSessionID=5a1b3d57-7f53-45f5-a430-fe5b0edbeb28

€54.99 in Smyths, 10% off on release with a loyalty card. Can book it on the site
    Thanks for that info but theres no smiths near me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Word is it has been pushed back to xmas 2011 :eek:

Looking for a more reliable source will edit later with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

calex71 wrote: »
    Word is it has been pushed back to xmas 2011 :eek:

Looking for a more reliable source will edit later with it.

Seems to be alright, according to Kotaku anyway.

Major jump. On one hand, I'm glad it will give the mass of other releases early next year room to breathe.

On the other, that's a hella long delay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

6/7 months, mind you a Gears game just wouldn't feel right coming out that time of year. Big guns come out for xmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

On Ign.com it said that GOW 3 was being pushed back to Fall 2011, for the holiday season, i would doubt if you could pre-order it

Overature wrote: »
    On Ign.com it said that GOW 3 was being pushed back to Fall 2011, for the holiday season, i would doubt if you could pre-order it

Everyone that had pre-orders open will still be honouring them but I wouldn't be pre-ordering with a deposit, too much chance of new editions, changes in price etc. between now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Yep they pushed it back to September 2011 It was'nt Epic's choice either. Micro$oft pushed it back to make more money to hit nearer Christmas.
    Good auld Micro$oft grabbing at every cent they can since 1975.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Evolute wrote: »
    Yep they pushed it back to September 2011 It was'nt Epic's choice either. Micro$oft pushed it back to make more money to hit nearer Christmas.
    Good auld Micro$oft grabbing at every cent they can since 1975.
    Except April + 5 months = September which is an MS launch window as is evident by their multiple releases in that period.

Also...
    Bulletstorm is out in Feb as is Killzone 3, one another Epic shooter and another a highly anticipated shooter which will have an equally large marketing budget.
    Post-E3 launch means it can be playable at said event and even more hyped.
    It will have that launch window practically to itself.
    Despite the "it's only for marketing" excuse, there's no reason not to also believe they wanted a little bit more time to work for it.

But hey, don't let logic and reason to get in the way of a change to bash MS. Oh and here's the obligatory "M$" image...

215178115_ExTPi-L-2.jpg

The only thing I don't understand about this delay from a marketing point of view is that there will surely be a COD title out November next year, probably MW3, and will this not lead to somewhat sluggish GOW3 sales? Seems a bit silly. Then again, God Of War 3's odd March release date lead to an impressive title launch but nothing compared to what Epic/M$ would expect from a Gears title, maybe it is a bad time of year!

niallon wrote: »
    The only thing I don't understand about this delay from a marketing point of view is that there will surely be a COD title out November next year, probably MW3, and will this not lead to somewhat sluggish GOW3 sales? Seems a bit silly. Then again, God Of War 3's odd March release date lead to an impressive title launch but nothing compared to what Epic/M$ would expect from a Gears title, maybe it is a bad time of year!
    Reach doesn't seem to have been affected by the release of Black Ops though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Gears of War 3 pre order 08 April 2011

Have ordered a copy myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

godtabh wrote: »
    Gears of War 3 pre order 08 April 2011

Have ordered a copy myself

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think you'll be getting it on or near 08/04/2011, as the release date has been put back to late 2011. Odds are Amazon are just using old information and it'll be shunted back there closer to release.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

yeah didn't order it after doing some research

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

kiddums wrote: »
    I know its early but I had Reach pre ordered about 8 months in advance. I was one of the first to order it in the store.

Why ? Do you think there's going to be some mad natural disaster that will destroy ever copy unless you pre-order. There has not been a single game , or edition of a Game that I have not been able to walk into a store a pick it up on Release day. Pre-orders are pointless in my opinion (no matter how many times I've been told by a silly gamestop employee that they wont have any copies for the public :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Why ? Do you think there's going to be some mad natural disaster that will destroy ever copy unless you pre-order. There has not been a single game , or edition of a Game that I have not been able to walk into a store a pick it up on Release day. Pre-orders are pointless in my opinion (no matter how many times I've been told by a silly gamestop employee that they wont have any copies for the public :rolleyes: )

Very true. What's worse is if it's a pre-order you've put money towards, then you can't really compare prices on the day of release, and more often than not tesco will be selling that big new game for a fraction of the regular shops

• Advertisement

Pre-ordering with certain retailers usually means you'll get it a couple of days early which is important for some people. With respect to certain collectors editions it also means you'll definitely get it if is indeed a "limited edition" as some occasionally are. Finally, in some smaller stores they may not get in enough copies to meet the demand from the local populace. This, of course, doesn't happen to often but in certain towns it can happen from time to time and at least it means you're guaranteed to get it.

Advertisement