Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Phone And Irish Sim?

Options
  • 27-09-2010 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi,
    Would It Work If I Bought A 3 Mobile From The UK And Put An Irish 3 Sim Card Into It?

Has Any Body Here Tried Anything Like This Before??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

jdunne08 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Would It Work If I Bought A 3 Mobile From The UK And Put An Irish 3 Sim Card Into It?

Has Any Body Here Tried Anything Like This Before??

If its locked to 3uk then a 3irl won't work in it.

The phone would have to be unlocked. Usually prepay phone will be locked to whatever network you bought them on.

To get it unlocked you would either have to get the code from 3uk which they may not want to do or go to an unlocking shop. Price varies depending on phone but shouldn't be more than €30- €40

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jdunne08

squared wrote: »
    If its locked to 3uk then a 3irl won't work in it.

The phone would have to be unlocked. Usually prepay phone will be locked to whatever network you bought them on.

To get it unlocked you would either have to get the code from 3uk which they may not want to do or go to an unlocking shop. Price varies depending on phone but shouldn't be more than €30- €40

Sound For The Reply,

If I Got It Unlocked Would It Only Work On A 3 Sim Or would It Work On o2 & Vodafone Aswell?

And Do You Know What Shops Could Unlock It?

Thanks

When its unlocked you can use any sim in it, The network or country won't matter.

Never actually got a phone unlocked in a shop myself but I know a good few people have here. There's also a guy on here that unlocks them and gives a discount to boardsies. Can't remember his name right now but I have a look for it.

What phone do you want to get unlocked?

When its unlocked you can use any sim in it, The network or country won't matter.

Never actually got a phone unlocked in a shop myself but I know a good few people have here. There's also a guy on here that unlocks them and gives a discount to boardsies. Can't remember his name right now but I have a look for it.

What phone do you want to get unlocked?

Ok Thanks Alot For That Info, And If You Find Dat Lad Please Let Me Know.

The Fone I Want To Unlock Is A INQ Chat 3G Ill Have To Buy It From 3UK Coz Its Sold Out Here

Columba Rad is his name, works for a shop in tallaght by the looks of it. Give him a message to see if he can unlock it. Might actually be alot cheaper than what is said earlier.

• Advertisement

Columba Rad is his name, works for a shop in tallaght by the looks of it. Give him a message to see if he can unlock it. Might actually be alot cheaper than what is said earlier.

Nice One Bud Thanks Alot For Your Help!

Link Not Working..

jdunne08 wrote: »
    Link Not Working..

The webiste link is automatically blocked by boards for reasons shown here. Might be better off getting it done somewhere else or you could take a chance!

Advertisement