Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goalie Wanted

Options
  • 27-09-2010 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Superleague team seeks regular 'keeper for saturday morning league starting this weekend. Please only reply if you actually play in nets. e55 for the season, free goalkeeper kit with name on back as well.

PM me if you're interested. If there's a load of replies (Im jinxing myself now) then you'll do a game in nets and we'll see how you do.

Cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ABCDEFC

can you play a friendly match 2moro night? (weds 6pm)

it would be a good idea for you guys as we'r actually the best team in the league this year and all past/future years too.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

Would love to man, its just we've very little time what with our professional football contracts etc. Barely have enough time for the Superleague games, if Sky make our PL team play early Saturdays, our team will be fairly depleted.

Good luck with the best team in the league thing, its cute.:D

P.S. We're all off campus at the moment, maybe we could organise it for another week?

scared

another week maybe. but by then our egos will have grown to new heights following the ego-inflating number of goals we will surely score

We'll be keeping an eye out for you lads....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 BnChemEng

im a goalie might be interested, what time are the games on saturdays ive a job at the weekends?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

http://www.beamsystems.ie/ucdsuper/competition.php?division=713
    I didn't know the best team was the team that came 4th?

there is no glory in the league. every1 knows its all about cup finals, the atmosphere and the fans.

ah, I was wondering where benitez had gone to manage next...

were you at the meeting last night? I got a great quote for an all puma kit off an internet company if you're interested. Comes out to about €26 per person for a 19 man squad including goalie outfit...

Chem, I just PM'd you twice i think. Get back to me if you're interested!

Sorry laserlad2010, I was unable to attend last night but sent club representatives in my stead. It appears you are unaware of our history in the Superleague. This is our 6th season and we have a long-term kit/equipment contract with a large sports clothing company.

I see this years tables have been published. Which team is yours?

• Advertisement

top of the table already? savour it, doubt that'll be for too long. We're premier saturday, have the highly original name of substandard liege, some scumbags went and called themselves standard ledge, morto.

Maybe we'll get to thrash you in the cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

top of the table already? savour it, doubt that'll be for too long. We're premier saturday, have the highly original name of substandard liege, some scumbags went and called themselves standard ledge, morto.

Same league as myself so, Football Friends.

Some good names this year;
    Haven't a Kalou
    The Usual Yusspects (my favourite one)
    Special Olympiakos
    Red Star Belfield

i like football friends.. big fan of the inbetweeners atm! deportivo lackatalent is good too!

i like football friends.. big fan of the inbetweeners atm! deportivo lackatalent is good too!

Yeah that's a good one too. Exither Quickly, like the team itself, oozes style and sex appeal

oozes being the operative word... hoping to get the early spot on saturday mornings, work those hangovers off early! 14 per league, is that about average? seem to remember more over the last few years... recession?

there were four divs of 16 teams 2/3/4 years ago, i forget.

You can't blame that on economic downturn lad... many teams (young and old) have been scared away from the Superleague by ABCDE FC. They have run off to play in piss-poor organisations like the "AUL" or some other crap like that.

Thought I'd provide a mid-season status report. Yes, we are still the best team in the UCD Superleague (ever). Such is the boredom experienced during matches, we have decided to keep our keeper on his toes by taking snap shots at random. Unfortunately, he has been caught napping twice (literally).

I see that Substandard Liege were beaten 2-1 by Standard Ledge. Standard. You suck balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

They had that name last year AFAIK

Advertisement